ADVERTISEMENT

Do you support amendment?

Do you support proposal to amend constitution to eliminate Presidential immunity?

• Yes

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
You better go convict 80% of Real Estate developers then. I worked for some in the past, and what is considered illegal, may be by the letter of the law and I am not going to argue that, but it's done on the daily, and NO one on the left can get past that.
All they see is convict, convict!

Sorry @dbjork6317. I realized I did not answer. I actually agree (pending the official language). But what I said above still applies.
Also, not in agreement with "term limits", but maybe "ending term". Meaning, your term ends after so many years and then you have to either be reappointed for another term or replaced.

Have they been U.S. Presidents?

Reactions: okclem
Why does that matter? This was his personal business. Take off your DJT hatred glasses. If he was not a threat to the left's agenda do you think he would have been in court for this?

You brought up real estate agents which didn't have anything to do with this discussion of presidential immunity...not me.

Also...I don't hate anyone.

You immediately go to Trump instead of thinking about the implications for ALL presidents. Think a little bit farther than your hatred. Your TDS is showing.

Again...I don't hate anyone. So, making that broad statement when I share my thoughts that you don't like to read...doesn't mean I or anyone else hates someone.

And, of course, I go to Trump. Trump was the one that filed the lawsuit to the SCOTUS requesting presidential immunity. Biden didn't do that...Trump did. That only makes sense.

As far as "implications to ALL presidents" comment, I don't think any president should have blanket immunity from actions they take in office or out of office.

Reactions: okclem
It does require one because the SCOTUS granted presidential immunity, but didn't define those actions that would be covered by immunity and things that would not.
It did define them. No more than a constitutional amendment is going to. Legalize doesn't allow you to cross every I and dot every T. The president acting in his duties gets immunity. If he isn't acting in his duties then he doesn't get it. What is so hard with that.

You brought up real estate agents which didn't have anything to do with this discussion of presidential immunity...not me.

Also...I don't hate anyone
R.57877ac90179cc8587ccd50d3c7034f0

Let me spell it out for you.
There are A LOT of Real Estate developers do the same thing DJT was convicted for.

It did define them. No more than a constitutional amendment is going to. Legalize doesn't allow you to cross every I and dot every T. The president acting in his duties gets immunity. If he isn't acting in his duties then he doesn't get it. What is so hard with that.

Because you can't just say "presidential duties." So, what duties get immunity, and which ones don't? It is not black and white right now. It's a bunch of gray.

Let's assume that 10 years from now, someone is president and all of a sudden goes in a rage and shoots his cabinet at a meeting and kills them all. In the current definition of presidential duty...that president could say it was a presidential act and he is immune to murder charges.

That is an example...maybe not a great one, but best I could. My brain is tired.

Because you can't just say "presidential duties." So, what duties get immunity, and which ones don't? It is not black and white right now. It's a bunch of gray.

Let's assume that 10 years from now, someone is president and all of a sudden goes in a rage and shoots his cabinet at a meeting and kills them all. In the current definition of presidential duty...that president could say it was a presidential act and he is immune to murder charges.

That is an example...maybe not a great one, but best I could. My brain is tired.
08m-sX.gif

Not a presidential duty for 1 million, Alex!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT