ADVERTISEMENT

Does U of SC only recruit thugs? Re: Dylan Stewart

rocky29670

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2002
Clemson
clemson.rivals.com
Or does their culture make decent players act like thugs?
Dylan Stewart blasts Ole Miss QB with an imaginary shotgun not once but twice in the game.

Seems like they have players doing something like this every single week, year after year.

Clearly learned his lesson and only uses gun violence against a teammate the second time

I am not going to throw out "thug" on someone but this is very selfish. Everyone has some type of celebration type deal but the act of shooting someone seems a bit much. The action was not as bad as the situation it put his teammates in. Absolutely stupid and selfish. Stewart is a helluva player. Young kid making a terrible mistake. Not gonna judge his character over a 5 second decision.

I mean it was a boneheaded play. But that is a dude right there. He’s raw/young/undersized. But when he adds about 15ish-20lbs he’s going to be a nightmare.
His 1st step is insane. UorSc is about to have to open up the wallet to keep the kid.... If that is he want. All the high profile teams are going to offer him some large amounts of money. He has earned those offers

There are countless players on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays doing similar celebrations. Doesn’t make it right, but doesn’t make anyone a thug either.

The newest one is DBs pulling up their jersey to show their hip after an incompletion bc they’re “strapped up.”

Minnesota actually got called for a penalty on USC’s last drive of the game for “insinuating a weapon” 😂😂

Could say the culture problem is the fact they’re getting their asses kicked and their players continue to celebrate and act extra if they make a play.

Reactions: ddot7 and PCHOI
I actually discussed this with several of my group chats yesterday. It’s such a dumb celebration and imo, poor class.

Perhaps it’s because my family knows a few families from Apalachee HS so my personal emotions may be getting in the way.

I’m all for players celebrating and having fun. It’s part of the game. But this one just seems a bit much - esp considering all the things we have going on with guns. And before anyone calls me a lib or soft or an old man, I’m a proud owner of several guns. Just not a fan of the actual celebrqtion

The thing is - it’s happening everywhere. It’s not just USCjr. It’s happening at the NFL too…

I’ll judge the staff for allowing it to continue.

This…

My best friend, who is a SC fan, was livid after the game last night at the staff. He wants Beamer gone. He can’t stand the culture of the program or his whiny ass

We were talking about how coaches like Dabo, Smart, Saban etc would have met their player at the hash mark and absolutely chewed their ass. Beamer chews the officials

That might be the single dumbest penalty I've ever seen. That was a stop on their down too and kept the drive alive if I'm not mistaken

Reactions: rocky29670
This is banned under NCAA Rule 9, Section 2:Unsportsmanlike Conduct, Article 1 a(c) and has been for a while.

However, there has been a big uptick of this kind of stuff lately (LSU vs USC). There is also a variety of this with kick the door in, robbery. I am assuming most of the folks doing this are not violent, probably don't own a gun, and are generally nice guys outside of football. So, why do it as your celebration?

To be clear, I think celebrations are part of the game and I am as fired up as anybody when our own team would celebrate 'using weapons' (Trotter with the hammer, Watson with bow and arrow).

This just feels different with a gun and gun violence. I think there is going to be a crackdown on this coming soon like the NFL rules 'no weapons' and all the penalties of the 'cut throat' from the early 90s.

From a pure football perspective, like a former coach told us, if you don't like their celebration and what they're doing, don't let them make a big play.

This…

My best friend, who is a SC fan, was livid after the game last night at the staff. He wants Beamer gone. He can’t stand the culture of the program or his whiny ass

We were talking about how coaches like Dabo, Smart, Saban etc would have met their player at the hash mark and absolutely chewed their ass. Beamer chews the officials
Beams isn’t going to do that because that just likens the chances of Stewart leaving after this season. That weasel will do anything to keep him there.

Beams isn’t going to do that because that just likens the chances of Stewart leaving after this season. That weasel will do anything to keep him there.

maybe but if you have respect of your players, you should be able to chew them out and them feel bad for letting you down.

No one is safe from a Dabo chewing from coordinators down to players

Thug is 100% racist and anyone denying it is a clown fool 😂😂 Y'all let me know the first time you apply the term to a white guy.

Reactions: ddot7
maybe but if you have respect of your players, you should be able to chew them out and them feel bad for letting you down.

No one is safe from a Dabo chewing from coordinators down to players
??? I never mentioned Dabo. I just stated why Beams wouldn’t do it.

Those two coaches are not the same.

??? I never mentioned Dabo. I just stated why Beams wouldn’t do it.

Those two coaches are not the same.

I know that was my point...

Coaches like Beamer who do not have respect of their locker room can't get away with it. Guys like Dabo, Saban, Smart, etc can...because their staff and players respect them.

I was agreeing with you...chill

• Haha
Reactions: doodog
Or does their culture make decent players act like thugs?
Dylan Stewart blasts Ole Miss QB with an imaginary shotgun not once but twice in the game.

Seems like they have players doing something like this every single week, year after year.

Clearly learned his lesson and only uses gun violence against a teammate the second time
Who gives a shit…ass clown move by him….. but so..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT