ADVERTISEMENT

Eason ??

Orangefanta

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2021
What is the board’s honest opinion on Eason? It feels strange saying something negative about him because of his big personality, NFL coaching and playing background , and his love for Clemson. But if I am being honest , his unit has the most disappointing to me.

I knew it would be a transition with Riley and Cade. Grisham is who he is. My disappointment isn’t with Tyler but with the person who put Grisham in that situation (Dabo). I didn’t expect much of Austin. He is who I thought he was. CJ Spiller? I think he has done fine. You can get the best RB coach in the world but the coaching won’t matter if the OL can’t block.

Let’s now look at Nick Eason. He has the most talented , experienced , and deep position group. Yet for the most part the DTs and run defense have been picked apart by a lot of teams. Our DTs do not look physical. They miss tackles at an alarming rate. He is the run defense coordinator but we couldn’t stop Miami’s run game when we knew they were going to run the ball. It isn’t the first time this has happened.

Eason may be a very good recruiter and an amazing person but his unit has been the most disappointing unit. We have the talent. Type Davis is undersized but is talented. He has shown that in previous years. Now he looks confused and poorly coached. Ruke too.
It’s time for Eason to step up as a coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News