ADVERTISEMENT

East Coast Port Strike - Will Kamala Stop It?- Desantis Calls in National Guard to Continue Florida Port Operations - Longshoremen Fold

Those things weren't in place when the steel industry died in the US back in the 90's and early 2000's. The Japanese made steel in a much more cost effective way and it put more pressure on companies here and labor and pension costs were astronomical. Any business that had unions and a pension system in place have suffered a similar fate. That whole model just couldn't survive the age of technology.
And won't survive the next age of technology...AI

Those things weren't in place when the steel industry died in the US back in the 90's and early 2000's. The Japanese made steel in a much more cost effective way and it put more pressure on companies here and labor and pension costs were astronomical. Any business that had unions and a pension system in place have suffered a similar fate. That whole model just couldn't survive the age of technology.
The Japanese government also subsidizes their industries far more than the US does, which helps lower their costs. Also, the Japanese have unions as well - specifically in the steel industry...so this isn't just a US phenomena.

There's a lot that went into the shrinking of the US steel industry - especially if you want to compare it to what it was from the 40s-70s when it was the main power in the industrialized world due to WW2.

The Japanese government also subsidizes their industries far more than the US does, which helps lower their costs. Also, the Japanese have unions as well - specifically in the steel industry...so this isn't just a US phenomena.

There's a lot that went into the shrinking of the US steel industry - especially if you want to compare it to what it was from the 40s-70s when it was the main power in the industrialized world due to WW2.

I agree. And that only further demonstrates the reality we faced and continue to face.

So the thread blames Harris for the strike. Does she get credit for it ending after 3 days? Asking for a friend.

You must have missed it, but the magas have already stated their position in this thread.

If the strike continues it is Kamala's fault.

If the strike ends, then it was all a false flag to make Kamala look good.

Reactions: flotiger and dpic73
Damn, I guess that douche bag DeSantis really got to us. He scared the shipping lines into a tentative agreement with the ILA. Our pay and no automation has been confirmed. Thanks guys for all of your love and support.
Love,
your resident Longshoreman ❤️
Your team caved bro.

YES. THANK YOU KAMALA FOR YOUR LEADERSHIP IN ENDING THE STRIKE AND MAKING DESANTIS LOOK A LIKE A ****ING IDIOT.

ALL HAIL KAMALA THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
We all know Joe negotiated that deal.

Kamala is the VP and has no duties

Damn, I guess that douche bag DeSantis really got to us. He scared the shipping lines into a tentative agreement with the ILA. Our pay and no automation has been confirmed. Thanks guys for all of your love and support.
Love,
your resident Longshoreman ❤️
You pay for confirmed at a much lower rate than you were asking for. And your Jobs will be automated in the near future.

Why are you paying the Union boss millions to accept a much lower package?

I don’t care who gets the credit. I am getting a huge pay bump and no more death threats. It’s funny, the ones sending death threats were the “freedom loving Americans”. 🙄
Let’s see proof of 1 legitimate death threat you received. I call your bluff.

Serious question, what do you gain by this?

If he’s lying, he won’t admit it and nothing gained but I guess you can pat yourself on the back feeling right?

If he’s not, and he and his family have received death threats (honestly not that hard to believe this day and age), you really are a douche canoe.

Like taunting someone about a family member who passed, I don’t understand and will never understand what you stand to gain.

Reactions: flotiger and dpic73
Serious question, what do you gain by this?

If he’s lying, he won’t admit it and nothing gained but I guess you can pat yourself on the back feeling right?

If he’s not, and he and his family have received death threats (honestly not that hard to believe this day and age), you really are a douche canoe.

Like taunting someone about a family member who passed, I don’t understand and will never understand what you stand to gain.

We stand to gain the truth?

I don't care if I am wrong. I don't think death threats are OK, and I certainly don't wish him any harm for asking for a raise (doesn't mean i think he should get it or agree with his tactics)

I just find it hard to believe that someone received a legitimate death threat over asking for a raise?

1) If it's true i would like to know if the psycho who issued the threat is on this board so that we can make fun of them to no end.
2) If it's not true, then we know he is lying and to take his posts with a grain of salt. i.e. he is mostly trolling. I guess it just allows me to gauge how serious he is about his posts so we can determine how serious of a response to give.

It's a discussion board after all, not sure why you would care if I care.

And i do feel bad about my comments to yoshi that evening. The truth is i did not read his post in full and originally missed the part about his inlaw passing. It was at the bottom part of his post and i responded quickly to the top part of his post. It was not until later that i went back and read the full post and realized his inlaw had passed. Had i read the post in full i would not have proceeded the same way. But in the end, He has been a giant dick to me so it is what it is. Now i just don't interact with him.

Last edited:

I don't care if I am wrong. I don't think death threats are OK, and I certainly don't wish him any harm for asking for a raise (doesn't mean i think he should get it or agree with his tactics)

I just find it hard to believe that someone received a legitimate death threat over asking for a raise?

1) If it's true i would like to know if the psycho who issued the threat is on this board so that we can make fun of them to no end.
2) If it's not true, then we know he is lying and to take his posts with a grain of salt. i.e. he is mostly trolling. I guess it just allows me to gauge how serious he is about his posts so we can determine how serious of a response to give.

And i do feel bad about my comments to yoshi that evening. The truth is i did not read his post in full and originally missed the part about his inlaw passing. It was at the bottom part of his post and i responded quickly to the top part of his post. It was not until later that i went back and read the full post and realized his inlaw had passed. Had i read the post in full i would not have proceeded the same way. But in the end, He has been a giant dick to me so it is what it is. Now i just don't interact with him.
I had said this in another thread on a completely different topic, but sometimes you can be right and still be an a**hole (not necessarily you specifically, just people can). It is a message board and you aren't my son obviously, so I don't "care" in that sense. And you are obviously free to do what you'd like. I guess I mainly just meant the downside of adding pain to someone who actually is dealing with death threats to me is a lot more than what is to be "gained" by asking.

I also think its pretty simplistic to boil it down to "death threats for asking for a raise" after everything else posted in this thread. It's pretty clear the death threats aren't for "asking for a raise" they are for striking and potentially shutting down shipping, etc. And I don't think it's that farfetched to think they are getting death threats with the temperature of discourse in the country right now.

Lastly, good on you for admitting the part in the spoiler.

Conservatives love union busting. Because the rulers of this country told them to love union busting.

Reactions: flotiger
I should also point out this was to the title of the thread you started:

East Coast Port Strike - Will Kamala Stop It?​

Oh, so now the VP does have duties? Like Border Czar. Where she failed miserably.

If she had done a good job, she wouldn't have had to make a 20 minute photo op stop at the border last week.

She is a disaster.

Dear fat, please do some research on labor disputes in the United states history before opening your fat head hole and dispelling ignorant slop that we all have to read.
something tells me our resident longshoreman isn't the boss of the union. Highly doubt he received any legitimate threats.

Wait a minute... You trying to tell us that you (a Trump supporter) is interested in TRUTH... You can't freaking be serious. Honesty, when I read that, I just stopped reading.

You like the government sponsored lies better, huh?
Not at all... Truth does actually matter to me. As I've pointed out many, many times. I've no love for Biden or Harris and would LOVE to have someone semi honest to vote for. I don't simply trust the government, nor do I assume that everything they do and say is a lie. My point here is that YOU are the one that that started out a post with talking about Truth. And the fact of the matter is that Trump lies more than anyone I've ever heard of... he even lies about the stuff that he doesn't NEED to lie about.

Point is that you don't give a damn about the truth when it's Trump lying to you.

Reactions: dpic73
Not at all... Truth does actually matter to me. As I've pointed out many, many times. I've no love for Biden or Harris and would LOVE to have someone semi honest to vote for. I don't simply trust the government, nor do I assume that everything they do and say is a lie. My point here is that YOU are the one that that started out a post with talking about Truth. And the fact of the matter is that Trump lies more than anyone I've ever heard of... he even lies about the stuff that he doesn't NEED to lie about.

Point is that you don't give a damn about the truth when it's Trump lying to you.
Trump does not lie any more than the government approved sources.

Trumps lies err on the side of Freedom. Democrat lies err on the side of communism.

Last edited:
I absolutely was threatened via FB messenger. The dude took my name, looked it up and found my address and number. He also went on my wife’s FB page and took screenshots of her and my daughters and sent them to me.
Im not posting pictures of the message bc I sent it to LE.
Our team didn’t fold at all. You obviously don’t know our pay scales so it’s all good. On top of our pay, we get bonus checks(4-5) per year. They range from 4k-8k. Those have gone up. Not only did I receive a 62% raise over 6 years, we got a raise in our bonus AND retirement. So no, definitely didn’t lose shit. President Daggett deserves his pay.

Reactions: fatpiggy

Trumps lies err on the side of Freedom. Democrat lies err on the side of communism.
Communism? Trump loving people were the only ones talking shit to me and threatening my family and I. People who were supposed “freedom loving” Americans were a bunch of jackasses to us. Those Same people would rather see FOREIGN corporations make billions over Blue collar Americans. Shit is sad.

Trump's lies err on the side of making Trump look good or helping Trump.

My personal favorite:

“Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” Donald Trump.

So yeah, your Freedom Warrior" calling on the termination of the Constitution.

Reactions: dpic73
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT