ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow old guys remember the climate scam from the 70's and early 80's?

TigerRagRob

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2001
In 10 years we went from this to the other extreme with the scam. The scam isnt that the climate changes, thats a natural thing. The scam is we can control it...

It’s frustrating that neither side can approach this topic logically, calmly and without emotion. You have climate crisis freaks full of bad policy on one side and then the other side who just refuses to believe we impact the planet and could do a better job caring for our home.
There are people that think the world is flat still, just saying... Fact is the climate changes no matter if we are here or not. If there was zero people here the climate will still change. There would still be ice ages and there would be times the planet would be underwater. We have zero control over this. That being said everything that lives contributes to many things in this world including the climate, just not to the degree some would like to think. We should do our duty and try to be as clean as we can be and find new energy sources...

There are people that think the world is flat still, just saying... Fact is the climate changes no matter if we are here or not. If there was zero people here the climate will still change. There would still be ice ages and there would be times the planet would be underwater. We have zero control over this. That being said everything that lives contributes to many things in this world including the climate, just not to the degree some would like to think. We should do our duty and try to be as clean as we can be and find new energy sources...

Bold part is correct.

While I don’t agree with the climate alarmists as to how much we contribute, I also don’t think it is accurate to say we have zero control. We need to stop with the polarization of the topic and follow your last sentence.

Bold part is correct.

While I don’t agree with the climate alarmists as to how much we contribute, I also don’t think it is accurate to say we have zero control. We need to stop with the polarization of the topic and follow your last sentence.
We have zero control. Like I said its a natural thing. We contribute to a degree but not like some would have us believe. We are not gods, we cant control how the earth rotates around the sun. The distance between the two has the most impact on our climate and we cant control that. But we can do our part to keep things clean and find new better ways to do things...

Bold part is correct.

Exactly the environment shouldnt even be a partisan issue.It’s like everything today in politics one side buries their head in the sand and the other tries to make money off their ill-conceived ideas that can’t possibly work.

We have zero control. Like I said its a natural thing. We contribute to a degree but not like some would have us believe. We are not gods, we cant control how the earth rotates around the sun. The distance between the two has the most impact on our climate and we cant control that. But we can do our part to keep things clean and find new better ways to do things...
please tell us all your credentials that lead you to be an authority on this subject.

please tell us all your credentials that lead you to be an authority on this subject.
So you really cant disprove anything I stated? People with credentials told you to get the jab and you wouldnt catch covid or spread it. They are also the ones that pushed mask mandates and shutdowns. They are also the ones that said the unvaxxed are the only reason covid isnt gone and should be forced to take the jab or be rounded up and sent to camps. They are also the ones in the 70's claiming an ice age was coming and we would be out of fuel and food before 2000. We didnt lower our consumption of either and we still have plenty. Gov's around the world are the reason food is getting low now with their covid crap...

Reactions: TigerGrowls
So you really cant disprove anything I stated? People with credentials told you to get the jab and you wouldnt catch covid or spread it. They are also the ones that pushed mask mandates and shutdowns. They are also the ones that said the unvaxxed are the only reason covid isnt gone and should be forced to take the jab or be rounded up and sent to camps. They are also the ones in the 70's claiming an ice age was coming and we would be out of fuel and food before 2000. We didnt lower our consumption of either and we still have plenty. Gov's around the world are the reason food is getting low now with their covid crap...
so you don't have any

got it

so you don't have any

got it
Dont need credentials to read what the experts say or anybody else. You are trying to argue from authority. Thats a very flawed and deceiving way to debate since its pure focus is to not debate the subject and what was stated by someone, but rather just try to discredit them because they dont have a degree from some random state U that you approve of. Its something you do when you cant argue the facts so you resort to this underhanded method...

Dont need credentials to read what the experts say or anybody else. You are trying to argue from authority. Thats a very flawed and deceiving way to debate since its pure focus is to not debate the subject and what was stated by someone, but rather just try to discredit them because they dont have a degree from some random state U that you approve of. Its something you do when you cant argue the facts so you resort to this underhanded method...
I’m not a climatologist so I can’t speak knowledgeably about whether mankind is or isn’t influencing climate change. You can look back and see data showing global temperatures rising since the Industrial Age. You can listen to 90%+ of climatologists out there that think mankind is contributing to and quickening climate change. Or you can scour the web for people that think the opposite and post articles from disgraced former environmental scientists. I tend to subscribe to the belief that I should defer to the experts in a field I’m not overly familiar with - and the overwhelming majority in this instance disagree with you.

I’m not a climatologist so I can’t speak knowledgeably about whether mankind is or isn’t influencing climate change. You can look back and see data showing global temperatures rising since the Industrial Age. You can listen to 90%+ of climatologists out there that think mankind is contributing to and quickening climate change. Or you can scour the web for people that think the opposite and post articles from disgraced former environmental scientists. I tend to subscribe to the belief that I should defer to the experts in a field I’m not overly familiar with - and the overwhelming majority in this instance disagree with you.
take a lap i never said we dont influence climate. I said it we dont to the degree that some want us to believe. There are things that contribute to a much larger degree than what man does and we cant control those things. We can control what we are doing...

You can see how some of your statements have been inconsistent...
You do understand the difference between control and influence? Ive said everything contributes to the climate that lives. I also said we can control what we contribute as humans. But our influence is small. There are more things that contribute way more and have way more influence and we have zero control over those things. I dont think you and I disagree so much as you dont seem to understand my point on this. We cant control the climate and our influence is small. The sun is the elephant in the room that activist want to ignore. If they want to worry and plan maybe they should start to focus on the fact that the milky way is on a collision course with andromeda at 450,000 mph. Not that we will need to worry about it in our lifetimes but the future might need to come up with a plan in the next million years...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT