ADVERTISEMENT

FEMA

other1

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2004
More than anything - this "misinformation" theme is going to increase more and more because it's something the Harris campaign is running on, and it's something they want to use to censor free speech. For those that are aware it's pretty transparent but I'm sure it will work with some folks that believe everything they are told. This is politics.

I guess Yahoo should interview Sherriff Chuck Wright and others on the ground, but their intention isn't to inform or tell the news. They have other intentions.

Just look at their front page. At least babylon bee doesnt pretend to be real.

More than anything - this "misinformation" theme is going to increase more and more because it's something the Harris campaign is running on, and it's something they want to use to censor free speech. For those that are aware it's pretty transparent but I'm sure it will work with some folks that believe everything they are told. This is politics.
wtf are you talking about. this FEMA bullshit is 100% a MAGA fabrication. just like "they're eating the dawwwwgs" has become the central premise of Trump's campaign. utter bullshit.

Trump literally wants CBS to have their license revoked. spare me the free speech BS. good lord.

wtf are you talking about. this FEMA bullshit is 100% a MAGA fabrication. just like "they're eating the dawwwwgs" has become the central premise of Trump's campaign. utter bullshit.

Trump literally wants CBS to have their license revoked. spare me the free speech BS. good lord.
No it’s not and Haitians have always eaten cats

You just believe whatever your TV tells you

If everyone would quit watching the "news" and listening to political puppets this world would be a much better place.
"News" will die off with the boomers. They can't help themselves though, they remember a time when the news was actually trying to help them. Now, they're just actors and actresses reading a script from the teleprompter. "Experts" at reading a script that tells them what to say. You know, "just doing their job".

The younger generations are not watching the nightly news. I feel pretty in tune with the current world, and I haven't watched a "news" channel in 8 or 9 years.

Last edited:
Can you say more about how they failed?

No flame. I live out west and don’t see as much as locals do.

FEMA is also client so I see some inside baseball there about the challenges they face.

I posted a lot of the stuff in the WNC thread of things that happened. I’ll refrain from getting into them again. But multiple operations shut down that were more organized and doing more than FEMA

Lots of false claims from FEMA as well and taking credit for stuff other organizations and charities were doing. I’ll just leave it at that

Notice in the thank you’s from most organizations FEMA is not mention including Samaritans Purse which has kicked butt in this effort

Reactions: loveoysters
FrEe SpEEcH (isn't it funny how he hasn't targeted the one news network that had to pay out $780M for spreading lies on air?)

In a separate item, as his online meltdown continued, he added that the “UNPRECEDENTED SCANDAL!!! — which appears to exist only in his mind — should possibly force the Democratic ticket to “concede the Election.”

Perhaps most importantly, the GOP nominee wrote, “CBS should lose its license, and it should be bid out to the Highest Bidder, as should all other Broadcast Licenses, because they are just as corrupt as CBS — and maybe even WORSE!”

In case that weren’t quite enough, Trump kept going during a speech at the Detroit Economic Club — he was supposed to deliver remarks on economic policy — adding new and imaginary details to his conspiracy theory, while again calling for CBS to lose its broadcast license.

After the event, the former president returned to his online platform, claiming he has “PROOF” to substantiate his bizarre claims, though he still hasn’t shared any such evidence.

This proved to be a bit too much for Federal Communications Commission Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel, who issued a written statement responding to Trump’s nonsense. From her statement:

While repeated attacks against broadcast stations by the former President may now be familiar, these threats against free speech are serious and should not be ignored. As I’ve said before, the First Amendment is a cornerstone of our democracy. The FCC does not and will not revoke licenses for broadcast stations simply because a political candidate disagrees with or dislikes content or coverage.
The part of this that stood out for me was the fact that the FCC “does not” revoke licenses for broadcast stations. It’s a highly relevant detail. In fact, as The Washington Post reported, “According to the FCC, only individual broadcast stations are licensed, not networks in their entirety. ‘We do not license TV or radio networks (such as CBS, NBC, ABC or Fox) or other organizations that stations have relationships with, such as PBS or NPR, except if those entities are also station licensees,’ the FCC says on its website.”

In other words, Trump didn’t just concoct a hysterical conspiracy theory, he also reminded the public that he has no idea what he’s talking about.

Nevertheless, the Republican is now on record targeting the broadcast licenses of CBS, ABC, CNN, NBC and MSNBC.

not factual...good operations were shut down that were bipartisan and had zero to do with Trump...or politics. not even close to facts

The C17 that FEMA claims brought supplies...4 pilots on the runway I have talked to stated there were no supplies. It was armored vehicles for Biden's flyover...FEMA took pics of the supplies planes had flown in from multiple organizations that were the hanger and took credit for them being from FEMA

FEMA told them to stop flying in supplies and gather money as donations. NO STORES were open. FEMA told citizens that were not able to get the $750 for immediate help that they needed to apply online from phone or computer...there was not internet or cell service. People that did apply were getting about half...one person I talked to said they were approved...but only for $330

Please educate yourselves regardless if you're voting red or blue. Are you proud Biden did a fly over? FEMA showed up but literally threw supplies away...in front of multiple people I know

Sorry...but these are facts...but believe the media...

I am having to donate supplies to nursing homes for their residents and employees because no one is doing shit for them

Keep living in a bubble...FEMA is taking credit for shit they are not doing. They shut down the Greenville site that was flying in supplies daily. They brought choppers down that could be taking supplies and had them sitting there. The government failed here...plain and simple

Last edited:
FrEe SpEEcH (isn't it funny how he hasn't targeted the one news network that had to pay out $780M for spreading lies on air?)

In a separate item, as his online meltdown continued, he added that the “UNPRECEDENTED SCANDAL!!! — which appears to exist only in his mind — should possibly force the Democratic ticket to “concede the Election.”

Perhaps most importantly, the GOP nominee wrote, “CBS should lose its license, and it should be bid out to the Highest Bidder, as should all other Broadcast Licenses, because they are just as corrupt as CBS — and maybe even WORSE!”

In case that weren’t quite enough, Trump kept going during a speech at the Detroit Economic Club — he was supposed to deliver remarks on economic policy — adding new and imaginary details to his conspiracy theory, while again calling for CBS to lose its broadcast license.

After the event, the former president returned to his online platform, claiming he has “PROOF” to substantiate his bizarre claims, though he still hasn’t shared any such evidence.

This proved to be a bit too much for Federal Communications Commission Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel, who issued a written statement responding to Trump’s nonsense. From her statement:

The part of this that stood out for me was the fact that the FCC “does not” revoke licenses for broadcast stations. It’s a highly relevant detail. In fact, as The Washington Post reported, “According to the FCC, only individual broadcast stations are licensed, not networks in their entirety. ‘We do not license TV or radio networks (such as CBS, NBC, ABC or Fox) or other organizations that stations have relationships with, such as PBS or NPR, except if those entities are also station licensees,’ the FCC says on its website.”

In other words, Trump didn’t just concoct a hysterical conspiracy theory, he also reminded the public that he has no idea what he’s talking about.

Nevertheless, the Republican is now on record targeting the broadcast licenses of CBS, ABC, CNN, NBC and MSNBC.
You're funny

not factual...good operations were shut down that were bipartisan and had zero to do with Trump...or politics. not even close to facts

The C17 that FEMA claims brought supplies...4 pilots on the runway I have talked to stated there were no supplies. It was armored vehicles for Biden's flyover...FEMA took pics of the supplies planes had flown in from multiple organizations that were the hanger and took credit for them being from FEMA

FEMA told them to stop flying in supplies and gather money as donations. NO STORES were open. FEMA told citizens that were not able to get the $750 for immediate help that they needed to apply online from phone or computer...there was not internet or cell service. People that did apply were getting about half...one person I talked to said they were approved...but only for $330

Please educate yourselves regardless if you're voting red or blue. Are you proud Biden did a fly over? FEMA showed up but literally threw supplies away...in front of multiple people I know

I am having to donate supplies to nursing homes for their residents and employees because no one is doing shit for them

Keep living in a bubble...FEMA is taking credit for shit they are not doing. They shut down the Greenville site that was flying in supplies daily. They brought choppers down that could be taking supplies and had them sitting there. The government failed here...plain and simple
You are wasting your time here. Some people are so full of hatred to others and blinded, the truth never can be seen.

Reactions: nmerritt11

LOL - Trucks of militia hunting FEMA and yet they couldn't find any FEMA anywhere in the most devastated County weeks after impact. Instead, all they found was armed national guard soldiers who they told, "Hey we're hunting FEMA - could you point us in the right direction?"

With all due respect, I stand by my original take on this. Mayorkas and his agency are a joke and a disgrace.

"News" will die off with the boomers. They can't help themselves though, they remember a time when the news was actually trying to help them. Now, they're just actors and actresses reading a script from the teleprompter. "Experts" at reading a script that tells them what to say.

The younger generations are not watching the nightly news. I feel pretty in tune with the current world, and I haven't watched a "news" channel in 8 or 9 years.
Same. I even get my weather by walking outside.

There are now 2 competing realities that posit a perfectly opposite version of reality on every issue.

The side that is wrong about everything is the side that supports the person who introduced the concept of alternative facts into the mainstream in 2016.

But it doesn't really matter who's wrong and who's right at this point. 2 opposite versions of the same reality can't coexist indefinitely, or for much longer.

There are now 2 competing realities that posit a perfectly opposite version of reality on every issue.

The side that is wrong about everything is the side that supports the person who introduced the concept of alternative facts into the mainstream in 2016.

But it doesn't really matter who's wrong and who's right at this point. 2 opposite versions of the same reality can't coexist indefinitely, or for much longer.
This is 100 percent correct. Half the people are wrong and vehemently defending wrong. Whichever side that is, I wonder if they'll ever admit it when it's all said and done. I've never met a single person who was cool with being duped.

It's not easy for people to throw everything out they learned in their life and start new. Both sides are likely alienating everything and everyone that's important to them if they choose the other side, by definition that means choosing right.

Wild times my man. "Not everyone is right and waking up admitting you're wrong is hard for all, impossible for most"

Last edited:

It does get confusing when Senator Tillis and the Republican state senator for Asheville area praise FEMA. Not saying you are wrong- just saying there is so much out there to digest. I completely agree about Biden coming - it was just a political response to Trump asking where he was. All BS.

Reactions: nmerritt11
It does get confusing when Senator Tillis and the Republican state senator for Asheville area praise FEMA. Not saying you are wrong- just saying there is so much out there to digest. I completely agree about Biden coming - it was just a political response to Trump asking where he was. All BS.

I don’t think either party was prepared for a Hurricane in the mountains. Again this is not a partisan thing and of course this is a crazy once in a lifetime incident but the fact organizations and charities were more organized and more on top of shit than our government says a lot…and they were

Bringing more supplies, better plans, and better operationally. Thats a fact…people can make it political all they want but fact is FEMA showed up, took over, and started handing out supplies other organizations had already gotten there and shut down more supplies coming in via helicopter and planes asked for money.

And set up tents at the downtown Greenville airport and kept them from continuing their efforts. FEMA could have done a lot more or worked with others to help them do more

Reactions: Samtiger
As usual, this isn't going to make any difference to the Trump supporters. Trump bashed FEMA and that's all that matters. His supporters are now after FEMA. If a few people in NC and Tenn have to die to make Trump's points, that's a price Trump's supporters are more than willing for them to pay.

And that's the bottom line.

EDIT: The funny part is that Trump is bashing the government response as not enough right now and yet was telling us how congress should shut the government down a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
As usual, this isn't going to make any difference to the Trump supporters. Trump bashed FEMA and that's all that matters. His supporters are now after FEMA. If a few people in NC and Tenn have to die to make Trump's points, that's a price Trump's supporters are more than willing for them to pay.

And that's the bottom line.
Truth bomb

Reactions: tboonpickens
Kind of sucks too that if he hadn't come, he'd been bashed for that too (And Trump would have too in the same situation, not meant to be a partisan observation).

Reactions: Samtiger
I just re-read the article. It now says that one person was arrested and he acted alone and there were not truckloads of militia. Given that new reporting, aren't the above messages "misinformation"? For that matter, wasn't the original article "misinformation". It tied unfounded (and now confirmed untrue) allegations to other misinformation and there was no actual evidence that they were linked.

Reactions: REDSKNDON
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT