ADVERTISEMENT

Flu?

This is with the flu shot....

Pediatrician friend of mine said in his 30 years this is the worst and earliest he can ever remember. It was a good long weekend on the couch though which was somewhat nice. Hate seeing the kids and wife so miserable.

2 of my neighbors have Covid and said it's worse as well. (2nd time for both)

This is with the flu shot....

Pediatrician friend of mine said in his 30 years this is the worst and earliest he can ever remember. It was a good long weekend on the couch though which was somewhat nice. Hate seeing the kids and wife so miserable.

2 of my neighbors have Covid and said it's worse as well. (2nd time for both)
You had the flu shot recently?

Day 5 and this is brutal...never has the flu been this brutal. Fever, cough, aches...then a great day...then Boom...again!

Hearing it's the earliest and worst in over 15+ years.

Bourbon isn't helping.....
The flu is ROUGH this year. My wife is a clinical supervisor for a pediatric office. They are riddled with it. They are setting records in their office with the number of patients seen over the past couple of weeks. Flu season came on like a ton of bricks this year.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Wife and 5 yr old just got done with it. Week feeling like crap then a little better. Then she got bronchitis and he got an ear infection.

Funny part is that both of them had the flu shot and my daughter and I have not had it and we didn’t get the flu. Coincidence I guess.

My 5 yr old has had Covid 3 times and the flu just in this calendar year.

We need to put the masks back on our kids. Mainly the 6 month to 7 year olds.

Those are the snotty little Petri dishes. Always passing junk around our house.

Had to take my 6 year old to the ER, she had it so bad. It is the sickest she has ever been. My 4 year old and my wife also have it.

• Sad
Reactions: OleFastball
I came back from Chicago with it last Wednesday. 3 days of fever, headache and feeling awful. Went and isolated at deer camp for the weekend. Fever broke Saturday and other than just tired, I have had a bad earache...assuming sinus and ear infection is next.

Reactions: OleFastball
It’s very important to build your immune system up. The flu ran through our house already and nobody was down more than a day.

Eat good foods. Take good supplements. Probiotic’s for good guy health are a must.
avoid any mRNA shot as they’ve been shown to hurt the immune system.

I know it won’t help OP this time around, but if you start not, it will help for next time.

Y'all keep your kids home if they have a fever. I'm tired of fielding calls at the pharmacy from parents who can't understand why we don't keep an unlimited supply of Tamiflu in stock.

Flu is back? Man I hadn’t heard of that since 2020. Oh wait
Winner winner chicken dinner. Wearing masked suppressed everything not just corona. Don’t want the flu wear a mask. (I’m not trying to get political here. I’m aware everyone has an opinion.) facts are flu was at record lows during Covid.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Day 5 and this is brutal...never has the flu been this brutal. Fever, cough, aches...then a great day...then Boom...again!

Hearing it's the earliest and worst in over 15+ years.

Bourbon isn't helping.....
13 year old had a confirmed case of Flu Type A. Never isolated and some how didn’t pass it on to us. My theory, H3N2 is the most predominant currently and was the most predominant in 2017-2018 Flu season. I had what I thought was the flu during a trip to France in late 2017 therefore why I didn’t get it here recently. I hope everyone gets to feeling better.

I’m 53 years old and have never gotten the flu shot or had the flu. It must be all of that dirt I ate as a kid and drinking from the water hose that lifted my immune system. (I haven’t had covid either)

There's probably some truth to that statement, honestly.

Same age as you and I could count on one hand how many times I've had the flu as an adult. Same goes with flu shot.

From about age 3 or 4, up to my mid-teens, I had bad allergies & asthma. Took pills daily, shots once a week, more if I had an asthma attack. Still did all the typical boy stuff, football, play outside, in the creek, woods, etc. Just had to be careful not to overexert myself.

I believe going through all of that as a child built up my immune system to the point where as an adult, I rarely get sick. Maybe once every 2 or 3 years. Wife / kids would get sick, but very rarely would I get affected.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Anyone heard whether they made the right shot this year? I've gotten mine of course, but I know that the CDC has to guess like 6 months ago which was the strain that was going to be the problem. They are pretty good at it, but sometimes they miss...

I know there's a bunch of folks on here that don't believe in it. Stay strong guys... don't get the shot. The CDC is out to get you as well as the 100s of other virologists around the country. Most other Drs as well. That's why they became Drs... To screw people over and make money. Hopefully you have one of the "good ones" that doesn't believe in this. If you go to their website and they have lots of supplements for sale that will keep you from getting Covid/Flu. That's a really good sign that they are looking out for you.

Our pediatrician in the greater Charlotte area said this is shaping up to be the worst season he’s ever seen in regards to RSV & flu for children. (RSV already is the worst he’s seen)

Strep going around like crazy too.

We took our 6 month old (who spent 6 weeks in NICU after being premature and had multiple pneumothoraces) into the ER and he was there for 2-3 days with RSV. Scary stuff. That was end of September. Doctors were telling us it was nasty this year and well earlier in the calendar than typical RSV season.

I’m 53 years old and have never gotten the flu shot or had the flu. It must be all of that dirt I ate as a kid and drinking from the water hose that lifted my immune system. (I haven’t had covid either)

yeah knock on wood same here at age 42. Between water hose, wrestling mats, locker rooms, etc I must have a kick ass immune system. No flu shots, never had flu and I was exposed to Covid 30+ times that I know of and never got it. Took the antibody test too to see if I had it and didn’t know…nope

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Anyone heard whether they made the right shot this year? I've gotten mine of course, but I know that the CDC has to guess like 6 months ago which was the strain that was going to be the problem. They are pretty good at it, but sometimes they miss...

I know there's a bunch of folks on here that don't believe in it. Stay strong guys... don't get the shot. The CDC is out to get you as well as the 100s of other virologists around the country. Most other Drs as well. That's why they became Drs... To screw people over and make money. Hopefully you have one of the "good ones" that doesn't believe in this. If you go to their website and they have lots of supplements for sale that will keep you from getting Covid/Flu. That's a really good sign that they are looking out for you.
Amazing post, Comrade.

Flu is back? Man I hadn’t heard of that since 2020. Oh wait
Seems like I vaguely remember something called 'flu.'
Winner winner chicken dinner. Wearing masked suppressed everything not just corona. Don’t want the flu wear a mask. (I’m not trying to get political here. I’m aware everyone has an opinion.) facts are flu was at record lows during Covid.
Honestly, I'm not sure it was as low as we all thought. I believe several doctor's offices were something like:

you - "I'm sick".
them - "get a corona test"
you - gets test
them - "test was negative. So it's not Corona."
you - "So what is it?
them -"Not Corona"
*click*

First paragraph is a good point. They have to predict which strand will hit, and if they get it wrong, the vaccine is ineffective.

I got my flu shot about a month ago.
Trump is not in office…not sure what he has to do with the flu
EVERYTHING is Trump's fault.

Far right terrorist act - Trump's fault
Far left terrorist - Trump's fault
Economy crashes - Trump's fault
Russia invades Ukraine - Trump's fault
China grows a virus, lets it get out, and it affects the world - Trump's fault
People die in NYC nursing homes (despite an unused hospital ship in their harbor) - Trump's fault
Inflation - Trump
Deflation - Trump
Car won't start - Trump
Warped floors - Trump
Cluttered drawers - Trump
GF gives you Clymidia - Trump
DJ throws a pick - Trump

It’s very important to build your immune system up. The flu ran through our house already and nobody was down more than a day.

Eat good foods. Take good supplements. Probiotic’s for good guy health are a must.
avoid any mRNA shot as they’ve been shown to hurt the immune system.

I know it won’t help OP this time around, but if you start not, it will help for next time.
Amen x 1000%!!!

Reactions: poates6
Seems like I vaguely remember something called 'flu.'

Honestly, I'm not sure it was as low as we all thought. I believe several doctor's offices were something like:

you - "I'm sick".
them - "get a corona test"
you - gets test
them - "test was negative. So it's not Corona."
you - "So what is it?
them -"Not Corona"
*click*

First paragraph is a good point. They have to predict which strand will hit, and if they get it wrong, the vaccine is ineffective.

I got my flu shot about a month ago.

EVERYTHING is Trump's fault.

Far right terrorist act - Trump's fault
Far left terrorist - Trump's fault
Economy crashes - Trump's fault
Russia invades Ukraine - Trump's fault
China grows a virus, lets it get out, and it affects the world - Trump's fault
People die in NYC nursing homes (despite an unused hospital ship in their harbor) - Trump's fault
Inflation - Trump
Deflation - Trump
Car won't start - Trump
Warped floors - Trump
Cluttered drawers - Trump
GF gives you Clymidia - Trump
DJ throws a pick - Trump

yiu need to edit and delete that last one…don’t need that kid if evil

I’ve got 7 year old (Boy, Girl) twins. My girl has the flu right now and had a 104 temp last night. Luckily no one else has it. I hope it stays that way. Like with everything else we don’t put any vaccines in our body. Just loading up on C, D, zink, whole foods and sleep.

I have one kid with the flu and the other with strep

The youngest gave strep to me

it has been a solid week s-show around here. My wife is ready to kill is all
Feel for ya, same here. My 13 yr old daughter has the Flu and tonsillitis now as well. She's been pretty sick w/102 fever since Saturday. She's tough and hasn't complained at all.

Hopefully everyone is done with it by this weekend as Fall Break begins and doing Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg for a few days

Reactions: JSpears5
Feel for ya, same here. My 13 yr old daughter has the Flu and tonsillitis now as well. She's been pretty sick w/102 fever since Saturday. She's tough and hasn't complained at all.

Hopefully everyone is done with it by this weekend as Fall Break begins and doing Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg for a few days

my wife is out of the country and my daughter left for school. Got to school and felt like ass so she is upstairs asleep. Luckily I talked to er before she went in so I didnt have to go sign her out.

In other gripes, what the hell happened to health rooms calling parents and if they drive, giving them permission to let them leave.

Earlier this year she did not feel well and the healthroom still made me drive up there to sign her out. Rant over...but that makes zero damn sense.

I think I am going to add one of my coaching buddies that works at the high school onto our family so he can sign them out

The doc told my wife that they didn’t get it completely right this year.

I don’t know what that really means honestly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT