ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you still following the recruitment of Nathaniel Joseph ...

Cris_Ard

Owner - Publisher of Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
May 29, 2001
tigerillustrated.com

Off "great" Miami visit, Nathaniel Joseph set to announce this week

By: Matt Shodell - Canesport.com

Miami Edison High School WR Nathaniel Joseph says he spent the weekend at an official visit hotel in Coconut Grove that was “off the chain with a cake, bag full of candy and a puzzle with pieces of paper that were my face when you put it together” and that along with his parents, brother, sister and uncle spent the weekend “eating steak, lobster, shrimp – everything!”

Along the way he spent time on the water, at the stadium, at Legends Camp and hanging out with the team and fellow official visitors.

Add it all up?

“Man, it went great,” Joseph said.

Most expected him to be a Cane heading into the visit, and this did nothing to change that perception. Now the only question is when he’ll announce a decision.

“I don’t think it’ll be today,” says Joseph, who was hosted by WR Xavier Restrepo. “But it could be sometime this week. I’m still debating, but I’m thinking sometime this week for sure.”

Joseph says he’ll announce between UM, Louisville, Alabama and Texas A&M.

“Wait, I’m forgetting someone,” Joseph adds.

He pauses.

“Oh, yeah, Clemson!” he says.

He’s having a little fun with the process.

And yes, it’ll be a decision between those five, including the school where he was previously committed, Clemson.

As for the message he got from Cane coaches on the visit?

“Oh, man, they talked to me, showed the love no matter when I come down there,” Joseph said. “They let me know I’m wanted. That was the key. They did their job on this visit.”

Joseph says once he announces a commitment there will be no more visits and he’ll be 100 percent locked in.

“It’s over with after that,” he said.

Joseph adds that “Miam’s put themselves in a good spot.”

CaneSport’s take

Joseph is a huge priority for Miami, and this decision could happen any day moving forward here. We continue to fully expect him to be a Cane, and this is a really big deal that UM coaches were able to overcome the prior staff’s inexplicable lack of interest in him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News