ADVERTISEMENT

Frustrated and encouraged...

Baldinger's Finger

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Nov 14, 2009
I'm always going to be happy when we win. I don't care how ugly the game is or how bad we look. When I'm not happy when we win, I will find another hobby. So I agree with Dabo that we should celebrate any time we win a game, no matter the opponent or how we play.

Now that's out of the way, I found Saturday equally frustrating and encouraging. I was frustrated by the way we started and ended the game because of recurring issues on defense (and in the secondary) and simply just the failure to score one more time (whether due to penalties, play-calling or missed plays), which would have put it away.

But I was also so encouraged because the version of the team we saw in the second and third quarters showed me what we are capable of on both sides of the ball . We went into a gear that not many teams have and is what we were used to during the DW and TL days (we found that gear a few times in the KB year too) when we were blowing everyone out. I wasn't sure we had that in us this year as we had not seen that level of dominance in any of the previous games. If (a big if I know) we put a full game like that together, we can beat anyone in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News