ADVERTISEMENT

Gay Weddings During Football Season: The Coming Epidemic

How many of them are named rabooze?
Only heterosexuals can comprehend Xs and Os, you know except for all the players in high school, college, and the NFL that are gay. Aside from them. This board is filled with "cool guys", and sadly they are the only ones who ever post.

Only heterosexuals can comprehend Xs and Os, you know except for all the players in high school, college, and the NFL that are gay. Aside from them. This board is filled with "cool guys", and sadly they are the only ones who ever post.

So.... How many are named rabooze?

Dude if you don't understand why I won't do that we are on separate pages completely and that is fine. As far as being intolerant. Just because I don't support something does not make me intolerant. If I were intolerant I would make a huge scene, protest, and demand that it not be done. I wouldn't do that though as everyone has the right to do as they choose. I choose not to disobey my religion in the most holy place possible during what I consider one of the most sacred services.

Please do not call me intolerant. The question was posed. I answered it truthfully to my own beliefs and it happens to be different from yours or others. I did not call names or speak venom or hate. I said why I would not go. Nothing more. Nothing less.

We are all gods people and as a Christian we are to treat others with kindness, and I do. Not wanting to participate in something that directly goes against my beliefs does not change that nor does it make me intolerant. Sorry if you feel that way.
Ok, I will retract the phrase intolerant from the record. And we will just agree to disagree. But my whole point wasn't about changing a person'z beliefs are accepting something that goes against yours. It was simply supporting a loved one you don't agree with. And if you refuse to go to a gay wedding of a friend or family member because of your beliefs, then you are being selfish in my opinion. It is certainly your right to do whatever you want, but something tells me you wouldn't have that friend for very long.

What if your friend is Jewish? Or Muslim? Or even agnostic? Those all seem to be against Christian beliefs. Would you refuse to go to those? And if not, how is that different in your opinion than a gay wedding?

The only intolerance shown is yours. He has a right to his beliefs and to act upon those beliefs
As I said in a previous post, intolerant probably was a bit harsh. And I never said he didn't have a right to do whatever he wanted. But it also means that whomevers wedding he is skipping will probably think of him as selfish jerk.

Now we're comparing homosexuals to Jews ITT. Is this real life?! Most guys (myself included) probably are a little uncomfortable watching dudes act like Michael Sam after he got drafted at a wedding. To compare that to a Jewish wedding is the dumbest sh*t I've ever read.

People comparing religion and sexuality ITT have obviously not been around the LGBT community or any sort of "Pride Festival." Gay guys perform seriously lewd acts in front of anyone, when they're out in a group. Unfortunately I worked for several years setting up sound equipment for all sorts of festivals/weddings and saw this sh*t firsthand. ITT we learn they are some posters who have also downloaded and are frequent users of the GRINDR app.

Now we're comparing homosexuals to Jews ITT. Is this real life?! Most guys (myself included) probably are a little uncomfortable watching dudes act like Michael Sam after he got drafted at a wedding. To compare that to a Jewish wedding is the dumbest sh*t I've ever read.

People comparing religion and sexuality ITT have obviously not been around the LGBT community or any sort of "Pride Festival." Gay guys perform seriously lewd acts in front of anyone, when they're out in a group. Unfortunately I worked for several years setting up sound equipment for all sorts of festivals/weddings and saw this sh*t firsthand. ITT we learn they are some posters who have also downloaded and are frequent users of the GRINDR app.
Actually what we have learned is there are some people on this board who aren't uniformed, judgmental pricks. I have friends and clients that are gay. I don't see them any different than anyone else. Your comment about how some act at festivals is not the norm, but the extreme. Thats like going to a beer festival and being like "All straight white guys drink way too much and puke". Religion and sexuality aren't the same. One is something people choose to do with their free time and the other is something they are born with. If you can't figure out which is which, I suspect you watch a lot of the 700 Club.

Just wow

It wasn't a comparison. It was a question to determine where the poster drew the line with regards to things that go against his beliefs. But I think I am wasting my breathe with you .

One is something people choose to do with their free time and the other is something they are born with.
In the LGBT community, if you're bi-sexual...are you "born" with that? I'm not saying that some people who are gay are genetically linked but to say anyone who is gay is naturally gay is not true...and there's no scientific evidence to back that up.

In the LGBT community, if you're bi-sexual...are you "born" with that? I'm not saying that some people who are gay are genetically linked but to say anyone who is gay is naturally gay is not true...and there's no scientific evidence to back that up.
I can't speak for the LGBT community. Do you think two girls that have a threesome with one guy are bi-sexual? If so, you have so many bi-sexuals walking around you that you should run and hide. Science can explain a lot of things but tapping into the sexuality of people isn't something I trust. If you don't think it is link to something they have been born with, what do you think makes them have those preferences? Social or environmental surroundings? And if you are a big church goer, you probably should stay away from the whole "science" argument.

So if being gay is a choice, wouldn't being straight be a choice as well?

. If you don't think it is link to something they have been born with, what do you think makes them have those preferences?
I don't know. I'm not the one's trying to define them on a national scale. Do YOU have any rock solid scientific evidence?

And if you are a big church goer, you probably should stay away from the whole "science" argument.

I would recommend you not label me based on the questions posed. I know it's an easy straw man argument but it won't move the discussion foward.

Thats like going to a beer festival and being like "All straight white guys drink way too much and puke". One is something people choose to do with their free time and the other is something they are born with.

And both of these, in the are examples of sinful behaviour. And yes, for the purpose
of condemnation neither is greater than the other. My honest desire for the partakers
of both is that they would recognize what they are doing is sinful and to turn away from it.
And, like the earlier poster said, I may agree attend a civil service in a nice secular venue,
but I could not attend if it where held in a church, GOD's house.

Don't get sucked into the "Nature or Nurture" debate, because ultimately it doesn't matter.
This is just a diversionary tactic used to draw someone who disagrees "off point."
It is a fair question and it definitely does matter in this argument. If it is not a choice, as most people believe and science supports, then it throws the "sin" argument out the window for you religious types. But to have a debate with a religious person, that person must first concede that belief in God is just that - a belief. And barring that, they should at least accept the notion that not everyone's God and religion believe homosexuality is a sin. If they can't, then their is no use even discussing the matter.

It is a fair question and it definitely does matter in this argument. If it is not a choice, as most people believe and science supports, then it throws the "sin" argument out the window for you religious types. But to have a debate with a religious person, that person must first concede that belief in God is just that - a belief. And barring that, they should at least accept the notion that not everyone's God and religion believe homosexuality is a sin. If they can't, then their is no use even discussing the matter.
Man Raleigh tiger is on point. Everyone using their religious beliefs to declare someone else's actions a sin need to realize not everyone believes what they do. My stance on religion is to believe whatever you want to but don't cast that onto others. If people are interested in your religious beliefs, they will ask. If they want to know more about your church, they will attend. If you don't see them doing any of these things, leave them be. Perhaps they stay at home and study the bible and don't feel the need to go to church every Sunday. and maybe, like me, they cruise in on Christmas eve and Easter and feel that is just fine. No one knows what happens to life after death. It's all speculation.

Reactions: RaleighTiger
Man Raleigh tiger is on point. Everyone using their religious beliefs to declare someone else's actions a sin need to realize not everyone believes what they do. My stance on religion is to believe whatever you want to but don't cast that onto others. If people are interested in your religious beliefs, they will ask. If they want to know more about your church, they will attend. If you don't see them doing any of these things, leave them be. Perhaps they stay at home and study the bible and don't feel the need to go to church every Sunday. and maybe, like me, they cruise in on Christmas eve and Easter and feel that is just fine. No one knows what happens to life after death. It's all speculation.

I absolutely acknowledge that not everyone believes as I do, and they are entitled to
their beliefs. My problem begins when someone tries to curtail my exercise of my
beliefs because they do not agree. I'm okay if you choose to disagree, but just because
I disagree with you doesn't make me intolerant. Two reasonable people should be able
to discuss their positions without accusations. Again, this discussion started with Raleigh
calling a fellow TI member "the definition of intolerant." Although he has since retreated
from the accusation, that is indeed how we got here. It was not a believer who started
casting aspersions. If they had, I would have called them out on it!!

Last edited:
Who's trying to curtail your exercise of your beliefs? I don't think anyone has said you HAVE to go to a wedding you don't, for whatever reason, want to attend. Challenging your motives, assumptions, and beliefs is very different from curtailing your exercise of your beliefs.

It is a fair question and it definitely does matter in this argument. If it is not a choice, as most people believe and science supports, then it throws the "sin" argument out the window for you religious types.

This is absolutely not an accurate reflection of Christian beliefs. Nature vs Nuture does not
matter in regards to sin. Some people are naturally pre-disposed to commit acts that are
considered sin. Doesn't make them not sinful because they were born like that. You will
never hear a Christian who understands the tenents of their beliefs make this argument.
This is a diversionary agrument made by those on the other side in effort to "justify" a
behavior.

Bottom line: Nature vs. Nurture is a fool's gambit that does not matter at all in regard to
"sin."

Reactions: scartiger
Who's trying to curtail your exercise of your beliefs? I don't think anyone has said you HAVE to go to a wedding you don't, for whatever reason, want to attend. Challenging your motives, assumptions, and beliefs is very different from curtailing your exercise of your beliefs.

My bad. Perhaps I wasn't clear. I'm not trying to say that anyone in this discussion is trying to
curtail my beliefs. I was stating that, in general, that is where my problem begins. I'm
absolutely open to an open, honest discussion. I am troubled that so many participants in
this thread have mistaken beliefs about what it is Christians believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: scartiger
My bad. Perhaps I wasn't clear. I'm not trying to say that anyone in this discussion is trying to curtail my
beliefs. I was stating that, in general, that is where my problem begins. I'm absolutely open to an open,
honest discussion. I am troubled that so many participants in this thread have mistaken beliefs about what
it is Christians believe.

"Christians" believe a great many things. We certainly are not a monolithic group, especially in our interpretations of scripture. I know I interpret scripture, especially on this topic, in a way that most on here don't agree with, but I'm completely fine with that. It makes for some good discussions/debates/and arguments.

"Christians" believe a great many things. We certainly are not a monolithic group, especially in our interpretations of scripture. I know I interpret scripture, especially on this topic, in a way that most on here don't agree with, but I'm completely fine with that. It makes for some good discussions/debates/and arguments.

"Monolithic" in what sense??

"Monolithic" in what sense??

There's not a single "Christian perspective" on this issue or any other. Which is relevant because you mentioned that people in this thread have "mistaken beliefs about what it is Christians believe." There's quite a lot of variation among Christians.

There's not a single "Christian perspective" on this issue or any other. Which is relevant because you mentioned that people in this thread have "mistaken beliefs about what it is Christians believe." There's quite a lot of variation among Christians.

That's very true, however if you pay attention you will see that non-believers tend to paint us
all with the same brush. The beliefs and actions of a few are portrayed as the beliefs and
actions of the whole. I for one would hate to be considered on the same level as the folks
from Westboro Baptist Church who picket and protest at the funerals of returning servicemen.

This is absolutely not an accurate reflection of Christian beliefs. Nature vs Nuture does not
matter in regards to sin. Some people are naturally pre-disposed to commit acts that are
considered sin. Doesn't make them not sinful because they were born like that. You will
never hear a Christian who understands the tenents of their beliefs make this argument.
This is a diversionary agrument made by those on the other side in effort to "justify" a
behavior.

Bottom line: Nature vs. Nurture is a fool's gambit that does not matter at all in regard to
"sin."
In your opinion I suppose.This is where we will just have to agree to disagree. Seems like you believe that homosexuality is a sin whether a person is born that way or not and even though you may "love the sinner," you will always consider them as a wrongdoer for being a homosexual unless they change their ways. That's the impression I get from your posts.

I believe otherwise. I believe homosexuals are born the way they are. I don't think they are "sinners" just because they are homosexuals. I have no idea if there is a God or not, but if there is, I believe he doesn't care what your sexuality is.

Reactions: AustinTiger77
That's very true, however if you pay attention you will see that non-believers tend to paint us
all with the same brush. The beliefs and actions of a few are portrayed as the beliefs and
actions of the whole. I for one would hate to be considered on the same level as the folks
from Westboro Baptist Church who picket and protest at the funerals of returning servicemen.

Setting aside the extreme fringe of the Westboro folks- there's still PLENTY of disagreement within Christianity on the issues of sexuality and sexual identity. Even within denominations, there's a great deal of disagreement. Those of us who are more liberal/progressive get dismissed as not being true Christians, and those who are more conservative/literal in their interpretation are labeled as bigots. Neither of which engenders conversation or compassion.

Reactions: RaleighTiger
In your opinion I suppose.This is where we will just have to agree to disagree. Seems like you believe that homosexuality is a sin whether a person is born that way or not and even though you may "love the sinner," you will always consider them as a wrongdoer for being a homosexual unless they change their ways. That's the impression I get from your posts.

I believe otherwise. I believe homosexuals are born the way they are. I don't think they are "sinners" just because they are homosexuals. I have no idea if there is a God or not, but if there is, I believe he doesn't care what your sexuality is.

Exactly. And this approach to Christianity as afterlife protection purity codes completely misses the point, especially when texts are taken out of context.

Seems like you believe that homosexuality is a sin whether a person is born that way or not and even though you may "love the sinner," you will always consider them as a wrongdoer for being a homosexual unless they change their ways.

I'm saying that "I" don't get to decide what is sin. I believe that GOD does. I also believe
the Bible is clear on the subject. But I respect your right to interpret the scriptures
however you will or to ignore them altogether if that is your preference. I would
hope that you will respect my beliefs as well.

I'm saying that "I" don't get to decide what is sin. I believe that GOD does. I also believe
the Bible is clear on the subject. But I respect your right to interpret the scriptures
however you will or to ignore them altogether if that is your preference. I would
hope that you will respect my beliefs as well.
This we can agree on - I do respect your beliefs. I tend to get frustrated at extremists on both sides of the aisle who have no tolerance for dissenting opinions, and I sometimes jump the gun when I suspect that. Not that you were, or anyone here for that matter, but I do get my jimmies rustled at folks who are so set in their ways they won't even entertain other opinions. You seem to be the opposite of this, and this I can respect.

I think one thing we can all agree on is that football season can't get here soon enough. While thought-provoking debate does stimulate the senses, I'd rather be talking about our playoff chance after we beat FSU and DW's Heisman chances.

This we can agree on - I do respect your beliefs. I tend to get frustrated at extremists on both sides of the aisle who have no tolerance for dissenting opinions, and I sometimes jump the gun when I suspect that. Not that you were, or anyone here for that matter, but I do get my jimmies rustled at folks who are so set in their ways they won't even entertain other opinions. You seem to be the opposite of this, and this I can respect.

I think one thing we can all agree on is that football season can't get here soon enough. While thought-provoking debate does stimulate the senses, I'd rather be talking about our playoff chance after we beat FSU and DW's Heisman chances.

Agree, absolutely!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT