ADVERTISEMENT

Global Financial Crisis 2024 - Kamala's First Policy Proposal Is A Communist Price Cap On Groceries. $25,000 Price Increase On Starter Homes

Trust us guys. Kamala is a lot smarter than Maduro. She's got this. She knows that she is doing.
Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

• Store closings are hitting record highs.
  • "What we're seeing right now is already bigger than anything we've seen over the last 20 years," the UBS analyst Jay Sole said in an interview, referring to the number of store closings that were announced in the first quarter of the year. "Retail is under a lot more pressure than people realize."
  • More than 7,000 store closings have been announced in 2019. If the Trump administration adds 25% tariffs to all remaining imports from China, an additional 12,000 stores could close, sending shockwaves through the industry, according to UBS.

“High rates of bricks-and-mortar store closures are expected to continue. From January through mid-August, retailers had announced they would close a total of more than 10,000 stores in the U.S., including locations of solvent companies such as Macy’s Inc , Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and Gap Inc. That has already topped last year’s record 9,500 store closures. Many of the closings through mid-August 2020 were due to retail bankruptcies, which accounted for nearly 6,000 closings.” [Market Watch, 09/29/2020]

According to BDO, 18 major retailers headed to bankruptcy court in the first half of the year and another 11 in July through mid-August for a running total of 27 major retailers.

So this thread has turned towards price caps? For one I don't support price controls. I've looked for where harris has said she's going to start doing price controls..... I haven't actually seen that said anywhere???? I think it seems that the media is running with that narrative that she will release a plan that includes price controls, but no one has actually quoted her or her team.

You know what would actually help though that she could do? Ban stock buy backs.

Reactions: yoshi121374
So this thread has turned towards price caps? For one I don't support price controls. I've looked for where harris has said she's going to start doing price controls..... I haven't actually seen that said anywhere???? I think it seems that the media is running with that narrative that she will release a plan that includes price controls, but no one has actually quoted her or her team.

You know what would actually help though that she could do? Ban stock buy backs.
No, she has released it, she just doesn't call it "price control". She says she is going to "limit price gouging." But there is no evidence of price gouging at all. In fact it's the opposite. The grocery stores average about 1.5% of sales as profit. The food industry as a whole average around 8%.

She can call it whatever she wants, but in the end her plan is a price control.

It's the same with the $25,000 first time home buyer credit. If EVERYONE knows the credit exists, well then that will just be priced into the new home immediately. In the end the government deficit grows bigger, and the bureaucracy grows bigger. And nothing is done for the fist time home buyer.

No, she has released it, she just doesn't call it "price control". She says she is going to "limit price gouging." But there is no evidence of price gouging at all. In fact it's the opposite. The grocery stores average about 1.5% of sales as profit. The food industry as a whole average around 8%.

Oh so no one knows what policies she's going to invoke to limit price gouging. We just all ran with price caps? Isn't that presumptive and overly reactionary?

Just in case there is any argument about whether or not it is a price cap, here is the CNBCheadline at the moment

Harris economic plan features new tax cuts, housing incentives and price caps​

Oh so no one knows what policies she's going to invoke to limit price gouging. We just all ran with price caps? Isn't that presumptive and overly reactionary?
Think we posted at the same time. See above. It's a price cap.

"
In a release announcing the policy, Harris campaign officials did not detail how a price-gouging ban would be enforced or what current corporate behaviors would be outlawed if it were enacted. They said Ms. Harris would work in her first 100 days to put in place a federal ban “setting clear rules of the road to make clear that big corporations can’t unfairly exploit consumers to run up excessive corporate profits on food and groceries.”

"

Reactions: yoshi121374
"
In a release announcing the policy, Harris campaign officials did not detail how a price-gouging ban would be enforced or what current corporate behaviors would be outlawed if it were enacted. They said Ms. Harris would work in her first 100 days to put in place a federal ban “setting clear rules of the road to make clear that big corporations can’t unfairly exploit consumers to run up excessive corporate profits on food and groceries.”

"

The headline clearly says Price Caps like i copy and pasted above.

edit: adding

This is the only good proposal i have seen from her so far. I do not think this differentiates her from Trump at all though. Trump is high on economics and has proven to have the economy humming. Contrast this with Kamala's other polices and she is a communist disaster.

"Harris will also call for the U.S. to construct 3 million new housing units over the next four years. In order to facilitate that, she will call for new tax incentives for builders who construct “starter homes.”"

Last edited:

Dude she's not talking about grocery stores and you know it. She's talking about producers, with a particular focus on the meat industry. Her policies expand on Biden's policy of creating more competition in the industry while also looking at ways to prevent price gouging. We don't even know how it would be implemented yet so hold your horses before yammering about communism.

The headline clearly says Price Caps like i copy and pasted above.

edit: adding

Again from the article:
"
In an effort to tackle the stubbornly high price of groceries, Harris will work with Congress to advance the first-ever federal ban on “corporate price-gouging” on food and groceries.
This would include setting clear “rules of the road” so that corporations “can’t unfairly exploit consumers to run up excessive corporate profits” on grocery staples, according to the fact sheet.
To investigate and penalize alleged violations, Harris would empower the Federal Trade Commission and state attorneys general.
A Harris administration would also take an aggressive regulatory approach to proposed mergers and consolidation among the biggest food producers.

"

The headlines appear to be completely misleading.

Again from the article:
"
In an effort to tackle the stubbornly high price of groceries, Harris will work with Congress to advance the first-ever federal ban on “corporate price-gouging” on food and groceries.
This would include setting clear “rules of the road” so that corporations “can’t unfairly exploit consumers to run up excessive corporate profits” on grocery staples, according to the fact sheet.
To investigate and penalize alleged violations, Harris would empower the Federal Trade Commission and state attorneys general.
A Harris administration would also take an aggressive regulatory approach to proposed mergers and consolidation among the biggest food producers.

"

The headlines appear to be completely misleading.
Dude, its a CNBC headline. They are about as left as they come when it comes to economics.

It's a price control. There are no two ways about it.

But let me guess, you trust that Kamala has this under control and THIS TIME the controls will work!

Dude, its a CNBC headline. They are about as left as they come when it comes to economics.

It's a price control. There are no two ways about it.

But let me guess, you trust that Kamala has this under control and THIS TIME the controls will work!
Theres literally nothing in the article about price control. Like nothing. What if she releases her plan today, and theres nothing in it about price caps? Are you going to understand that price caps narrative was drummed up by supply side fan boy media members because they jumped the gun?

Theres literally nothing in the article about price control. Like nothing. What if she releases her plan today, and theres nothing in it about price caps? Are you going to understand that price caps narrative was drummed up by supply side fan boy media members because they jumped the gun?
There is nothing in the article about price controls but even the far left outlets recognize it as such. So much so, they put it in their headlines.

But don't worry, @firegiver says it's NOT a price control.

Joe Biden did NOT have dementia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT