ADVERTISEMENT

Good Morning, TI

bleedsorange01

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2021
Morning, TI.

When all is said and done, one thing really stands out after four games. We’ve given away 36 points off of turnovers. You take those away and we’re 4-0 by a good margin … and ranked in the Top 5 after beating a solid Duke team and the darling of the ACC.

This isn’t a silver lining. It isn’t smoke and mirrors. This isn’t Bowden-speak. There are other issues: OL personnel and play; WR personnel and play; LB speed; an inexperienced and jittery QB (who will be a stud and a leader); some play calling.

But despite that, we had a very legitimate chance to be 4-0.

Our 2-2 record is not our standard under Dabo, but it is magnified by our performance over past two+ years. We understandably view our record through the lens of the past two years and come to the unfortunate conclusion that we are spiraling out of control (and we believe the media who want us to be on the decline … almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy).

This team is better than the 2021 and 2022 Tigers; in some cases significantly. And we have a bow-wave of talent in the Freshman and Sophomore classes.

@CUPLAYER1 had a good question about whether we’re declining or rising, and I honestly think it’s the latter.

Of course, we aren’t 4-0. We’re 2-2, and just outplayed the #4 team in the country (and that wasn’t a fluke due to it being a hype game) — despite our fixable flaws.

I want to see how the young men respond in the midst of our fans’ “suffering.” I think they’ll respond well (over the course of the season and beyond) — that’s the type of team we have.

I just can’t come to the conclusion that we’re on the decline. I like the foundation of this team, a lot. And it’s a young foundation.

Go Tigers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News