ADVERTISEMENT

Great Quote on Leadership...

Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.

is this like a secret shot at trump? because he said that. and is now blaming the democrats for failing to pass an ACA repeal/replace. There are tons of images of this tweet, next to his dozens and dozens of tweets blaming other people for things.

this quote in particular is pretty amazing given his above words...

“We’re not going to own it. I’m not going to own it,” he said. “I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it.”"

Reactions: slingle
is this like a secret shot at trump? because he said that. and is now blaming the democrats for failing to pass an ACA repeal/replace. There are tons of images of this tweet, next to his dozens and dozens of tweets blaming other people for things.

“We’re not going to own it. I’m not going to own it,” he said. “I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it.”"

Ice, I think the scorer is offsides in your gif. Tough angle to tell for sure though. Great passing! Wish the USMNT could pass like that! (Sorry, I digress)

There is already a thread on this over on The Roundtable.......just fyi.

man i cant believe thar our congress is so bad. the focus is on trump from MSM, but the real problem is still the same senators and congressman. problem existed wayyy before trump.

now he sees what a cluster fukk washington dc is.

Reactions: tigerGUY
Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.
Cities on fire. Debt in crisis. Sports postponed. Pandemic outbreak. Did I read this wrong?

Cities on fire. Debt in crisis. Sports postponed. Pandemic outbreak. Did I read this wrong?

first, I appreciate that you are stalking my posts from three years ago, and especially at 12:30am.

second, when trump tweeted this about Obama, america was not great. Trump made it great again, and now he is keeping it great. Its really, really great compared to post apocalyptic hell hole that we had under Obama. the streets burned, crime and unemployment were rampant, the market was bleeding equity. But now all is well. All is great.

third, you may need to turn up your trolling detection meter to the highest setting.

Trump made it great again
Cities on fire. Debt in crisis. Sports postponed. Pandemic outbreak.

"Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible."
-Trump

first, I appreciate that you are stalking my posts from three years ago, and especially at 12:30am.

second, when trump tweeted this about Obama, america was not great. Trump made it great again, and now he is keeping it great. Its really, really great compared to post apocalyptic hell hole that we had under Obama. the streets burned, crime and unemployment were rampant, the market was bleeding equity. But now all is well. All is great.

third, you may need to turn up your trolling detection meter to the highest setting.

WAKE UP. QUIT LISTENING TO FANTASIES.

I'm not seeing or feeling much greatness here lately.....Actually far from it. People are drawing comparisons to the worst of times in the US and pointing out that its not as bad as 1861, 1929 and 1941... If if its better than those periods, that is not a shining comparison of greatness. It's not that the US cannot be great, but greatness is not real if all citizens aren't included- economically, socially and morally.

Reactions: IMBlessed

One could argue then that the American people are responsible for the current situation - since the President works for us.

I can't 100% say he sees it that way but that is how it is supposed to work.

Reactions: 1Clemson
man i cant believe thar our congress is so bad. the focus is on trump from MSM, but the real problem is still the same senators and congressman. problem existed wayyy before trump.

now he sees what a cluster fukk washington dc is.
You are kidding me, right? The president is the one who is supposed to lead.

Remember Trump was going to propose a health plan so much better and less expensive than Obamacare. Then it was, “no one knew how complicated health care is.” So where is that plan from Trump?

Remember infrastructure week? Trump was going to propose a massive shovel-ready infrastructure bill that would employ tens of thousands and produce the world’s best roads and airports. Well, we have 100 mile wall but that’s not infrastructure.

Trump had a majority in the House and Senate his first 2 years. One tax cut bill passed. What other major accomplishment can he claim passed Congress with GOP majorities?

kg-

when trump first came into office,

1- he had to deal with previous employees who refused to transfer power over in a peaceful productive manner.

2- he had to deal with the Justice Dept attempting a coup.

3- he had to deal with with media's constant barrage of framing everything from a negative view point.

4- he had to deal with personalities in his own party.

but

he did-

1-strengthen border protection

2- make us energy independent

3- got rid of a bunch of former federal govt over reach

4- international trade deals more favorable to americans

anyway, here is infrastructure plan

kinda innovative

""Key to its successful implementation and sustainability, however, will be just how realistically individual states and municipalities can respond, knowing that the federal government is contributing just US$200 billion to this 10-year program. To achieve the goal of US$1.5 trillion in infrastructure investments over the next decade, the bulk of funding to rebuild roads, bridges, waterways, energy projects, rural infrastructure, public lands and other projects would need to come from state and local governments or the private sector.

The new game-plan would significantly alter if not reverse the long-standing Federal public policy of Washington contributing most of the funding needed for national infrastructure priorities, instead requiring states, municipalities and private investment to ante up as never before. Here are highlights of the infrastructure proposal. "

https://home.kpmg/xx/en/home/insights/2018/02/rebuilding-infrastructure-in-america.html

kg-

when trump first came into office,

1- he had to deal with previous employees who refused to transfer power over in a peaceful productive manner.

2- he had to deal with the Justice Dept attempting a coup.

3- he had to deal with with media's constant barrage of framing everything from a negative view point.

4- he had to deal with personalities in his own party.

but

he did-

1-strengthen border protection

2- make us energy independent

3- got rid of a bunch of former federal govt over reach

4- international trade deals more favorable to americans

anyway, here is infrastructure plan

kinda innovative

""Key to its successful implementation and sustainability, however, will be just how realistically individual states and municipalities can respond, knowing that the federal government is contributing just US$200 billion to this 10-year program. To achieve the goal of US$1.5 trillion in infrastructure investments over the next decade, the bulk of funding to rebuild roads, bridges, waterways, energy projects, rural infrastructure, public lands and other projects would need to come from state and local governments or the private sector.

The new game-plan would significantly alter if not reverse the long-standing Federal public policy of Washington contributing most of the funding needed for national infrastructure priorities, instead requiring states, municipalities and private investment to ante up as never before. Here are highlights of the infrastructure proposal. "

https://home.kpmg/xx/en/home/insights/2018/02/rebuilding-infrastructure-in-america.html

App, I think you are quoting a very old infrastructure plan, fwiw. I believe this is the current attempt:

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/tru...cture-despite-uncertain-congressional-support

App, I think you are quoting a very old infrastructure plan, fwiw. I believe this is the current attempt:

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/tru...cture-despite-uncertain-congressional-support

i dont think anything will get done.

nancy and chuck will try to attach a bunch of controversial stuff to the bill.

not sure why we allow riders.

but financing at a low or no i rate, gotta like that.

surface paving supplementation is questionable.

raise the federal fuel tax.

then each state needs to raise theirs to cover their "other" infrastructure cost.

example- michigan may need to add more since their damns, rails, water pipes, and bridges have all been neglected.

i would love to look at a city or county budget and see how much goes into the actual cost of a project versus supplementing things like pension plan payments or insurance plan payments.

Reactions: wmnesbitt
I absolutely agree with this quote. Too bad liberals only like to apply this when a conservative is the President, and they have dug their heels in to obstruct any efforts to actually help many of the programs that could have helped our country in the last 4 years. But yes both parties make progress so hard when they don't have the presidency. What about all of the other "leaders" in government? Trump is the President, but what about the Governors?

And seriously, how do people keep talking about the loss of jobs as somehow related to failed economic leadership, when we all know it was tied to COVID. Will everyone just forget it when "new" jobs start coming back.

I absolutely agree with this quote. Too bad liberals only like to apply this when a conservative is the President, and they have dug their heels in to obstruct any efforts to actually help many of the programs that could have helped our country in the last 4 years. But yes both parties make progress so hard when they don't have the presidency. What about all of the other "leaders" in government? Trump is the President, but what about the Governors?

And seriously, how do people keep talking about the loss of jobs as somehow related to failed economic leadership, when we all know it was tied to COVID. Will everyone just forget it when "new" jobs start coming back.

good points

the real test of leadership is for those not in power to work with the ones in power.

when obama was president, i agreed with 10-15% of the time, clinton, maybe 15-20%, little bush 40-60%, bush sr 60-70%, and reagan 65-85% of the time.

crazy how anti trumpers will not even try to read legislation, or watch hearing.

they just catch 2 min snippets and and push that point or attack your character for supporting trump.

this is not the behavior of educated humans.

products%2Finternational_furniture_direct%2Fcolor%2Fsalamanca%208012_ifd8012rndtp%2Bba-b1.jpg

I read this quote sometime back from a former marine which was great:

"One thing the Marine Corps taught me is that you can delegate authority, but you can NEVER delegate responsibility."
That was actually taught in business classes at Clemson when I was there in the 60's.

good points

the real test of leadership is for those not in power to work with the ones in power.

when obama was president, i agreed with 10-15% of the time, clinton, maybe 15-20%, little bush 40-60%, bush sr 60-70%, and reagan 65-85% of the time.

crazy how anti trumpers will not even try to read legislation, or watch hearing.

they just catch 2 min snippets and and push that point or attack your character for supporting trump.

Part of the problem with this quote and government is that you cannot fire elected officials. And I would not want most elected officials to have the ability to fire others. But the elected part makes this such a different dynamic. and that was designed by our founders.

Part of the problem with this quote and government is that you cannot fire elected officials. And I would not want most elected officials to have the ability to fire others. But the elected part makes this such a different dynamic. and that was designed by our founders.

i think we both agree journalism is dead.

there are so many interesting stories around policies in the house im surprised there is not 1 source of any type objective journalism.

do they even require sourcing papers anymore?

So, you are making a broad generalization about one group of people...by criticizing them for making broad generalizations about your group. Got it.

For the record, I am a former Trump donor, who now falls in the rabid anti-Trump faction. I gave this man a fair shot - and my hard-earned money - and he has failed at nearly every turn in my eyes. I am an "educated human" who is very up-to-date on legislation proposals, and aware of more than just "2 min snippets". I can even point out when you are using two-year-old proposals to make your point.

Not everyone who detests your boy is a "Hollywood liberal". And current polling (which can change quickly) shows that America agrees, by and large. We will all know for sure in November.

So, you are making a broad generalization about one group of people...by criticizing them for making broad generalizations about your group. Got it.

For the record, I am a former Trump donor, who now falls in the rabid anti-Trump faction. I gave this man a fair shot - and my hard-earned money - and he has failed at nearly every turn in my eyes. I am an "educated human" who is very up-to-date on legislation proposals, and aware of more than just "2 min snippets". I can even point out when you are using two-year-old proposals to make your point.

Not everyone who detests your boy is a "Hollywood liberal". And current polling (which can change quickly) shows that America agrees, by and large. We will all know for sure in November.
The "broad generalization" is a real understatement!!

come on man, don't act like partisan politics started when Trump took over, you are smarter than that. Don't forget that Mitch McConnell once said: "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

Add to that the fact that Trump had a majority in the senate and congress for two years.

come on man, don't act like partisan politics started when Trump took over, you are smarter than that. Don't forget that Mitch McConnell once said: "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

Add to that the fact that Trump had a majority in the senate and congress for two years.
I admitted what you said in my original post. please read closer

Oh and at Least Mitch was willing to give Obama a whole term, instead of this BS the Dems pulled with 3 years of impeachment. They planned before he was even inaugurated to give him less than a whole term.

thats ok. you have the right to vote for biden if his past doesnt catch up to him by november.

doesnt piss me off one bit.

why are some of you peeps like rabid pissed because i have a right to re elect trump?

why does that bother liberals so much.

thats ok. you have the right to vote for biden if his past doesnt catch up to him by november.

doesnt piss me off one bit.

why are some of you peeps like rabid pissed because i have a right to re elect trump?

why does that bother liberals so much.

I have no problem with your right to vote for Trump again. Every voter gets to choose for themselves. And I think - as of today - that America will choose to remove him.

The question is, will you be on here in November whining about a "rigged election" if and when Donny loses? Trump has been laying that groundwork for quite a while now in case he needs to desperately cling to office after defeat. He is not the kind of person who takes losing well. If he loses, it will have to be because of some crazy conspiracy against him, and not the fact that people are tired of his childish behavior and divisiveness.

Oh and at Least Mitch was willing to give Obama a whole term, instead of this BS the Dems pulled with 3 years of impeachment. They planned before he was even inaugurated to give him less than a whole term.

again, repubs owned both chambers of the house for two years, so there was no impeachment until year three. Wasnt it weird that Trump waited until after the dems took over congress to demand border wall money and then shut down the govt when he didnt get it? Seems like he could have gotten the money easily when his party controlled everything.

And dont forget clinton. The repubs hired an independent prosecutor that reported to them - not the DOJ - to investigate whitewater. When they didnt find anything there, they kept looking for two more years until they busted him for getting a BJ and lying about it. Was that fair?

have moderate democrats disappeared from washington?

why have they let the extreme left run the party?

what does a moderate democrat want?

what about liberals, what do they want?

when i think of an american democrat voting for a certain person, im thinking that person is looking for free money from the americans who are paying taxes.

thats my first thought of a democrat- wanting free money. then secondly probably wanting to take my guns, then after that, restrict my free speech.

thats the order they are going in.

all the while

offering free healthcare, open borders, removal of american flag, elimination of the military and police forces.

i dont like that thinking

again, repubs owned both chambers of the house for two years, so there was no impeachment until year three. Wasnt it weird that Trump waited until after the dems took over congress to demand border wall money and then shut down the govt when he didnt get it? Seems like he could have gotten the money easily when his party controlled everything.

And dont forget clinton. The repubs hired an independent prosecutor that reported to them - not the DOJ - to investigate whitewater. When they didnt find anything there, they kept looking for two more years until they busted him for getting a BJ and lying about it. Was that fair?

i thought mccabe and rosenstein were talking about invoking the 25th amendment right around transition time.

you think transition was easy? you ok with how the prior employees handed power over?

I have no problem with your right to vote for Trump again. Every voter gets to choose for themselves. And I think - as of today - that America will choose to remove him.

The question is, will you be on here in November whining about a "rigged election" if and when Donny loses? Trump has been laying that groundwork for quite a while now in case he needs to desperately cling to office after defeat. He is not the kind of person who takes losing well. If he loses, it will have to be because of some crazy conspiracy against him, and not the fact that people are tired of his childish behavior and divisiveness.

problem is there are ALOT of SILENT trumpers.

they do not like being harassed by others.

their lives have improved under trump, many are black, many are hispanic.

you will be surprised.

plus the public has yet the stomach to digest bidens past.

gonna be a mess.

I would love to see a 30 for 30 type documentary on the Clintons that really digs into the mysterious past and those connected with them.

have moderate democrats disappeared from washington?

why have they let the extreme left run the party?

what does a moderate democrat want?

what about liberals, what do they want?

when i think of an american democrat voting for a certain person, im thinking that person is looking for free money from the americans who are paying taxes.

thats my first thought of a democrat- wanting free money. then secondly probably wanting to take my guns, then after that, restrict my free speech.

thats the order they are going in.

all the while

offering free healthcare, open borders, removal of american flag, elimination of the military and police forces.

i dont like that thinking

Moderates of either party are extinct. I'd give a fortune to have a few Blue Dog Democrats and "Chamber" Republicans to represent the middle and force compromise. Instead we have extreme partisan bulwarks on each side with 100% party enforced discipline incapable of any real rational discussion or lasting policy. End result is instability with a country that has major 180 degree policy swings depending on each election.

It's been said we get the government we deserve, observation shows we apparently don't deserve very much.

problem is there are ALOT of SILENT trumpers.

they do not like being harassed by others.

their lives have improved under trump, many are black, many are hispanic.

you will be surprised.

plus the public has yet the stomach to digest bidens past.

gonna be a mess.

Again, we shall all see in Nov. And that is an eternity away in the current political climate. This summer/early fall will really shape the election for better or worse. But if he loses, it will not be because of mysterious and unfounded voter fraud.

And, to be clear, I simply detest Trump more than I do Biden. "Sleepy Joe" isn't "the answer", but I believe he is the lesser of the two evils by a substantial degree.

The real tragedy (as I've said on here before) is that America must choose between two old, white men with questionable character, pasts, and mental abilities.

I HOPE we can all agree that because of the way our political parties and mainstream media have developed over the last couple of decades, that it has lead to such a divide in the two parties.

So much so that neither party will put up a candidate that can actually relate to both parties.

I have loved so much of what Trump has done, but I really dont like his confrontational approach.

I cannot imagine that Biden is who the majority of Dems would actually prefer to be their candidate.

2020 will wind up similar to 2016 - Repubs will vote for NOT BIDEN and the Dems will vote for NOT TRUMP.

I HOPE we can all agree that because of the way our political parties and mainstream media have developed over the last couple of decades, that it has lead to such a divide in the two parties.

So much so that neither party will put up a candidate that can actually relate to both parties.

I have loved so much of what Trump has done, but I really dont like his confrontational approach.

I cannot imagine that Biden is who the majority of Dems would actually prefer to be their candidate.

2020 will wind up similar to 2016 - Repubs will vote for NOT BIDEN and the Dems will vote for NOT TRUMP.

I would imagine that many American voter will do what the Italians used to do in voting for one extremist candidate or the other (communist or right wing dictator wannabe) just to change from whoever was in office, then immediately go to church and pray that their chosen candidate did not win as they knew it would also be a disaster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT