ADVERTISEMENT

Greatest pet peeve?

BRaw76

Gold Member
Jul 18, 2021
Regardless of how people get to you.
Mine has to be panhandlers. As the bible says, if a man will not work, he shall not eat!

This is not hate for those that need help. As I've always said, because I've needed help, there is a difference in a hand up and a hand out. I've been a deacon in the church and we had to decipher who was just using the church and who was using it as free help to remain in their state of want.

I see these people at the intersections and I challenge my Christian belief. I see signs and I know there are some meme's going around with them needing work and signs in the background of now hiring. You put this much effort into making a sign and standing in an intersection. How many jobs are you missing out on wasting that time. People are hiring, we can't keep anyone, people don't won't to work.
For a country to sustain itself it needs tax funds from every available, abled body American to work. I hate taxes, but more than that the are going to foreign country's and our own citizens that's find ways to dupe the system. Political ignorance, it's not that hard to understand!
I mean if a guy has been proven guilty of murder, beyond a shadow of doubt! Tax money goes to the drugs to put him to sleep, but those drugs are high and it's costing the state as they say. No it's costing the tax payer, there are trees that are free and rope isn't that expensive.

I know I got off course in a way. But the message is if you don't support then don't expect support. I've stopped and asked these guys if they would like to go get something to eat, I even asked one guy if I could help with his rent! He had on his sign that he needed rent money for his kids. When I wanted to try to foot the bill he made it like I was the bad guy, because I didn't want to give him the money to do it. I almost got back into my lost redneck ways and wanted to punch him in the mouth.

I've had a few of these cash over a meal or money over help. Don't feel bad for not giving, offer something that will help them, if they accept that, you might be able to change a life! I know I'm not enabling anyone. I know how I was! There is a difference in a hand out and a hand up!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News