ADVERTISEMENT

Griner - Guilty

PawJourney

The Milwaukee Deep
Gold Member
Apr 30, 2019
With a long sentence, now State Department will have to ante up the trade to get her out. Griner's individual choice has international consequences. Quite selfish on her part.

Brittney Griner trial: Russian court hands down verdict in WNBA star's case

Biden is wrong. Russia is not wrongly detaining Griner. Griner admitted she broke the laws of Russia. Russia had every legal right to sentence her within its statutory prescriptions.

Another example of Biden not understanding what the Rule of Law means.

I think 9 years is harsh. And I think we as Americans should do what we can do get any citizen back safely. However, Biden's first move to offer up a convicted Russian Arms dealer for her return is just unbelievable to me.
I agree. I’m not giving up an arms dealer or anyone tied to Russian intelligence for a basketball player

If the administration has any balls, you arrest a few more Russians in the U.S. and you trade them for Grinner. If they want to play hardball, you don't pull your pants down and bend over. You raise the stakes and show them playing games is going to make the situations worse. There has to be a deterrent.

Reactions: OleFastball
If the administration has any balls, you arrest a few more Russians in the U.S. and you trade them for Grinner. If they want to play hardball, you don't pull your pants down and bend over. You raise the stakes and show them playing games is going to make the situations worse. There has to be a deterrent.
Don’t arrest people without cause, but yeah, I’m all for making the lives of Russian intelligence agents hell. Make it open season on their lives overseas

Don’t arrest people without cause, but yeah, I’m all for making the lives of Russian intelligence agents hell. Make it open season on their lives overseas
Yeah, that's what I meant :) Not trying to bug innocent people, but I'm sure we have an eye on intelligence agents and people that spy on us.

Seems like an exceedingly harsh penalty for wanting to get high, but you have to know the laws of the countries that you are travelling to. Don't think she is worth trading an arms dealer for but I like the idea of another poster above of targeting a few Russians here in the US to get someone to barter with.

In the end I think Vladi will try and make an example of her and just be a dick. She is probably going to be stuck there for a few years at a minimum unless we get raked over the coals in a trade.

A little Irony in that not long ago she wouldn't even come on the basketball court because she didn't want to hear our "racist" countries national anthem. Maybe she can stew in a Russian prison for a while and think about that.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Seems like an exceedingly harsh penalty for wanting to get high, but you have to know the laws of the countries that you are travelling to. Don't think she is worth trading an arms dealer for but I like the idea of another poster above of targeting a few Russians here in the US to get someone to barter with.

In the end I think Vladi will try and make an example of her and just be a dick. She is probably going to be stuck there for a few years at a minimum unless we get raked over the coals in a trade.

A little Irony in that not long ago she wouldn't even come on the basketball court because she didn't want to hear our "racist" countries national anthem. Maybe she can stew in a Russian prison for a while and think about that.

Let her sit in the Russian prison for some time

play the Russian National Anthem day and night

Going to a foreign country is high risk at best

She was being watched every year she went and at any time they could have arrested her

The suggested trade sucks

I am all in on grabbing a bunch of Russian agents and offering them

I think 9 years is harsh. And I think we as Americans should do what we can do get any citizen back safely. However, Biden's first move to offer up a convicted Russian Arms dealer for her return is just unbelievable to me.
I agree we should take reasonable steps to bring all non violent offenders home , but she brought this all on herself through a combination of greed, stupidity and arrogance. The idea that we are offering some dude nicknamed the merchant of death is unbelievable

I might suggest a partial exchange. Exchange Griner for part of the arms dealer.

Russia can decide which part they want. Arm? Leg?

But is her sentence out of line with similar crimes in Russia?

Maybe out a couple, or hint at it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT