ADVERTISEMENT

GT game takeaways (and kudos to the crowd)...

VaTiger85

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2010
First, kudos to the crowd. It looked good on tv and the announcers commented about it a few times. I get that the student section after halftime was sparse but it's certainly understandable. I thought we might have about 15K no shows based on ticket prices plummeting down the stretch.

Offense:

KB looked SHARP and seemed to fight through a direct landing by a 300-lb defensive lineman on his left ankle. Huge going forward.

Center snaps SUCKED all game long. No consistency but mainly lollipops that really throws off the timing of this offense.

A penalty on an offensive drive is a kiss of death - huge difference from last year.

If ETN isn't hit in the backfield it's an automatic 5 or 6 yards

I think it's HJ's gig going forward if Kelly gets hurt.

Defense:

Tape needs to be sent in to the ACC office regarding the "hi-lo" action from #75 on big Dex. No way that should be legal. I'm not convinced Dex isn't hurt worse than we think from that.

Our defense playing GT's offense in that weather had to be like recess for a 3rd grader... just pure bliss.

Refreshing seeing two defenders running stride for stride with GT receivers the few times they tried to throw it. I have in my mind that a GT dude would be running free and clear when they switch to that tv shot.

Hit rewind on Paul Johnson's press conference for the last three years. Exact same each time.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News