ADVERTISEMENT

Heavy Justin Fields transfer smoke (Updated HE GONE)

Elul77

Lake Baikal
Sep 4, 2018
Jacksonville, FL
FROM DAWGVENT INSIDER....

We spent a great part of the weekend dealing with rumors that Justin Fields was thinking about transferring. We heard he was meeting with the coaches. We heard his father did as well. We heard he was not going to transfer. We basically heard everything. The thing is, the folks who told us this rumor had legs were some of our best sources. The problem is they didn't always agree.

We didn't mention the rumors here. Why? Well, I put in my 3-2-1 report that a lot of guys were thinking about it and meetings were still ongoing. And things change. A few weeks ago I fully expected Jaden Hunter to transfer. Some of his friends will tell you the same. Now it appears he has changed his mind.

I also mentioned Georgia might lose a top-rated freshman. Sure enough, word leaks out that Luke Ford was not at practice. At the time, he was not expected to return to Athens. Now it looks like he will be back for the bowl game at least. Things change.

The point is, there was much more definitive news on Hunter and Ford than on Fields. So why send everyone here into a frenzy if, after a meeting with Smart, Fields decided to stay? Thus we just kept digging.

Last night Jake released his recruiting notes. He mentioned the "weekend rumors about Justin Fields" and folks had a conniption. He deleted that part but I can understand why he mentioned it. It is damn near all we talked about Sunday. Jake was trying to point out that as goes Fields, so too may Jadon Haselwood.

One of our long time subscribers (20 years) told the board last night he was hearing Fields was transferring. He could not reveal the source but it wasa very good source. He was shouted down. Sorryabout that @UGAWIN. Others also posted and wereheckled. Yes, they didn't have a history of being an insider, and this time of year posters no one has heard of put out the most ridiculous rumors. We even posted a warning on the Vault not to fall for the wild rumors this year.

I say all that to say this:
Yes, we have heard strong rumors that Justin Fields may transfer.
No, we are not sure if he will or not.
Yes, we know what he said to the AJC.
Yes, we know how noncommittal he was when we asked him.
Yes, we have heard the rumors about Oklahoma and Ohio State.
No, we have not confirmed those rumors.
Yes, it is the silly time of the year.
Yes, our best sources are worried about Fields transferring.
Yes, that is why we posted a new name on the hot board last night.
No, we have no idea when we will know for certain.
Yes, we are still working on it as we have been for days.

UPDATE...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News