ADVERTISEMENT

Herbstreit - positive COVID test

Well I have several family members in healthcare. And three of them are working at hospitals that are reducing the size of the COVID-19 response areas. You realize metro Atlanta area includes several counties not inside I-285. Not just the counties that are good at stuffing the ballot boxes. All the way out to Putnam county in the East and Douglas county in the west. Pretty much 1/2 of GA. But please tell us how you’re an expert, Nancy. Also Emory midtown just wants that $76,975 per patient. They should be shipping them out to the suburbs if they are so overloaded.

yes $76,975
676361-F9-6-C77-4-FC4-8671-4-E7-F39084015.jpg

This is accurate. Covid-related hospitalizations and deaths are both spuriously increased/overreported. Someone can have end stage kidney disease and die of that kidney disease, as expected, but if he has covid, even asymptomatic just coincidentally, then he automatically died of covid, as the institution benefits from number of covid-related hospitalizations and deaths.

Reactions: harristeeter
Well I have several family members in healthcare. And three of them are working at hospitals that are reducing the size of the COVID-19 response areas. You realize metro Atlanta area includes several counties not inside I-285. Not just the counties that are good at stuffing the ballot boxes. All the way out to Putnam county in the East and Douglas county in the west. Pretty much 1/2 of GA. But please tell us how you’re an expert, Nancy. Also Emory midtown just wants that $76,975 per patient. They should be shipping them out to the suburbs if they are so overloaded.

yes $76,975
676361-F9-6-C77-4-FC4-8671-4-E7-F39084015.jpg

Lol. Let me break this down for you. I work directly with over 40 hospitals in Georgia, East Alabama and NW Florida. More specifically, I partner with infectious disease doctors, infection prevention managers and intensive care nursing directors to implement infection prevention initiatives. My days literally consist of driving around the state and meeting with these teams in person and/or being on conference calls with them discussing the impact COVID is having on their hospital. You and whoever is allegedly giving you this information are dead wrong. People are sick, and people are dying while you are on here sounding like a fool.

My 91 year old grandma and my 66 year old uncle with heart disease and a diabetic both got it. Both of them got over it,people need to stop listening to the media trying to scare them. The hospital near me has plenty of beds what they don’t have is nurses that was laid off because of nothing to do. This is a fact at least in Hendersonville Nc

the good news is it seems most of the Clemson team has had it...I am tempted to break into the lab that’s gonna do the testing and assure things go correctly
I’m sure you know someone over there to take care of things. You’re the real KGB everyone is talking about.

Reactions: nmerritt11
I’m sure you know someone over there to take care of things. You’re the real KGB everyone is talking about.

I sure do...from the owner down I know a lot of them. I had to get onto their ass when I was in there the other week for not back dating or throwing Trevor's test away. I mean...we can't even cheat right. New Soring probably forgot to send payment

In all seriousness...they have a pretty extensive and bad ass set up over there for testing

Reactions: clemsonu96
My 91 year old grandma and my 66 year old uncle with heart disease and a diabetic both got it. Both of them got over it,people need to stop listening to the media trying to scare them. The hospital near me has plenty of beds what they don’t have is nurses that was laid off because of nothing to do. This is a fact at least in Hendersonville Nc
Yeah...ok. Here's a clip from an article today

“Six states set records Sunday for the most Covid-19 patients hospitalized: Alabama, California, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina. Texas hit an all-time high on Monday.

As always, the truth is somewhere in the middle and unfortunately we can’t trust any numbers being reported. That’s the really unfortunate thing.

I’ve known people that have died from it. Not sure how much Covid played a role, but I’m sure it’s a contributor to those that have died with other health issues. Someone who has other health issues might have been able to live longer, but Covid affected them and led to an earlier death similar to pneumonia in the elderly. That would be the best explanation in what I’ve seen. Either way that doesn’t mean anything to someone who has lost a loved one. On the other hand, I’ve seen people really struggle with their business, people laid off, etc and that brings a whole range of problems too.

Again, the truth is somewhere in the middle as always. Earlier this year members of Greenville Hospital system spoke of the hospitals being overrun. It wasn’t true. They might have been trying to get people to take it more seriously but I call on the pharmacies of every hospital in this state. I immediately called GHS to see if they needed anything because my company sells 11 of the 13 medications that were being used to treat Covid. They said that they were okay. That they had a run of patients but it wasn’t anything they couldn’t handle. Same at all other major medical centers that I cover in SC, NC, parts of TN and GA.

I also have had several people that I know that in the beginning of all this when it was difficult to be tested, that received false positives. How do I know that? They went to be tested, filled out the paperwork, left because they couldn’t wait any longer and received notification a day or two later saying they were positive. Without even being seen or touched by medical staff. There is a ton of misinformation out there. It is a shame because people are dying. The virus is real, but we still don’t know what to do. My thoughts are to open things back up. We can do without movie theaters, concerts, and other huge gatherings where people are squeezed together. Anyone with health issues or that worries about it, then God bless you. Stay home and do what you need to do. Small businesses, and restaurants and everything else needs to open up. We tried the shutdown thing. Time to do something different because being secluded does terrible things to weaken your ability to fight off illness. It’s just making healthy people’s immune systems weaker. Just my two cents. Stay safe.

First of all, glad to hear thst your grandmother and uncle recovered. That's great news! I know nothing about where you live but see that the population is about 14,000 with a small miniority population and the towns around you appear to be small as well so you probably don't have as big an issue with Covid as they do in more heavily populated areas.

I feel like the media is reporting the facts for the most part but some people don't want to deal with facts nowadays as they prefer conspiracy theories. Before the election many on this board said Covid would magically disappear two weeks after the election implying that all this media coverage of this worldwide pandemic was done simply to hurt Trump. Well that is yet another in a long list of conspiracy theories that has been proven wrong. The virus is growing and is worse than ever unfortunately and is being reported by the same media who supposedly were going to quit reporting on it after the election. Facts do matter.

i’n just happy we have not had to hear about covid anymore since the election. You were right!

please find a quote where I said it would go away after the election. I have never said that...but welcome to the thread. No need to make it political as no one else has

EDIT: And if it makes you feel better I just tested myself this morning before I head out to meetings this afternoon. 3rd time in 2 weeks since my daughter was exposed and we had to cancel Christmas

“Six states set records Sunday for the most Covid-19 patients hospitalized: Alabama, California, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina. Texas hit an all-time high on Monday.

Democrats over react to everything. What's the name for that?

please find a quote where I said it would go away after the election. I have never said that...but welcome to the thread. No need to make it political as no one else has

EDIT: And if it makes you feel better I just tested myself this morning before I head out to meetings this afternoon. 3rd time in 2 weeks since my daughter was exposed and we had to cancel Christmas

1. I am not going to take the time to search, but you definitely said that. You know it. I know it.

2. no one else in this thread has made it political? Really? What alternate reality do you live in?

Reactions: CU91ENGR
It has become a cold. You can catch it over and over because it is just slightly different each time. Not as deadly either. They are reducing the number of special Covid-19 units in hospitals around the Atlanta metro area because they are staying 65% empty. But cases continue to climb 👀
i just got over it . Not a damn bit like a cold. Don't tell people that. I would rather have a cold 365 days per year than the fifteen days of what i just went through.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddot7 and CU91ENGR
1. I am not going to take the time to search, but you definitely said that. You know it. I know it.

2. no one else in this thread has made it political? Really? What alternate reality do you live in?

no the only thing I have said is if masks aren’t used properly you are essentially wasting a mask. Or if you opt to use a cloth mask and don’t sanitize it between uses it’s basically pointless.

I have never claimed it would end after the election. But carry on...that was never said. now carry on...I’m getting dressed, packed, and headed to Columbia for meetings

Democrats get all Gretta Thunberg about everything. We call this Karen.

Before we go on a trip my wife always always ask me the night before if I packed and I say, I'll get it in the morning. If I forget something, I'll run into Target when we get there. Probably needed a new one anyways.

I was at the hospital three days ago getting stitches in my daughters ear. this is what the Dr. told me,they have plenty of beds what they don’t have are nurses. Drive to pardee hospital and see for yourself. Grandma is ok uncle is ok. If your scared of this by all means stay home wear your mask. I’ve not put on the first mask yet. my employees and i have not missed a day of work and all of them and their families are doing great. I’ll keep on living without fear.

Reactions: PawsFan_
Happy to hear that about your family members and the bustling metropolis of Hendersonville, NC but look up the term "anecdotal evidence" and marinate on that.

Not a great idea to form an opinion about something affecting the country and the world based on your little bubble...but that seems to be par for the course here. And it's funny that you talk about listening to the media when I'd put money on it that your opinion has been forms by other media and/or what's come out of certain political leaders mouths as well as others whose views align with yours versus strictly your own "criticial" thinking.

No way that's true, I need proof! I heard it was just California's libs that were impacting numbers so it's gotta be true.
Same people who act like it wasn't mostly red states whose spikes over the summer weren't the cause for prolonging the initial wave of the virus even though the numbers clearly supported that. They believe what they want and numbers are only used to fit their narrative or they're talked around.
no the only thing I have said is if masks aren’t used properly you are essentially wasting a mask. Or if you opt to use a cloth mask and don’t sanitize it between uses it’s basically pointless.

I have never claimed it would end after the election. But carry on...that was never said. now carry on...I’m getting dressed, packed, and headed to Columbia for meetings
This took MAYBE 30 seconds of searching posts with "election" by user @nmerritt11 to find. Sure, you didn't say (in this post at least) that "it would go away after the election" but very clearly, you were dead wrong and you've had a non-stop agenda on this board regarding COVID for months...even before the shutdowns:
last update

111,351 total cases worldwide
3,8882 deaths
62,661 recovered
38,829 active cases
5,979 in serious or critical condition

3,120 of the deaths have taken place in China out of 80,739 cases and 5,111 of the 5,979 in serious condition are in China.

The US has had 554 cases w/ 517 active. Just 22 deaths with 10 being in one hospice facility...coronavirus did not kill them. Their diagnosis did. Only 8 currently reported in serious condition.'

It is amazing in every election year, some sort of illness that cannot be cured pops up, media scares the shit out of everyone and then it fades away into the darkness.

From SARS, to swine, to ebola, to zika, to noravirus, to cornoavirus, etc etc.

Happy to hear that about your family members and the bustling metropolis of Hendersonville, NC but look up the term "anecdotal evidence" and marinate on that.

Not a great idea to form an opinion about something affecting the country and the world based on your little bubble...but that seems to be par for the course here. And it's funny that you talk about listening to the media when I'd put money on it that your opinion has been forms by other media and/or what's come out of certain political leaders mouths as well as others whose views align with yours versus strictly your own "criticial" thinking.

No way that's true, I need proof! I heard it was just California's libs that were impacting numbers so it's gotta be true.
Same people who act like it wasn't mostly red states whose spikes over the summer weren't the cause for prolonging the initial wave of the virus even though the numbers clearly supported that. They believe what they want and numbers are only used to fit their narrative or they're talked around.

This took MAYBE 30 seconds of searching posts with "election" by user @nmerritt11 to find. Sure, you didn't say (in this post at least) that "it would go away after the election" but very clearly, you were dead wrong and you've had a non-stop agenda on this board regarding COVID for months...even before the shutdowns:

It is true that every election year something happens. I’ll be honest I didn’t see the second wave coming but I’ve been steadfast in stating I know Covid is real. Also know the numbers are a bit skewed. I e never thought it was gonna completely disappear and never said that but it will go away. I think if you all talked to me sitting at the bar and chatted with me about it and got my thoughts from February until now you wouldn’t think I’m the asshole about it many in here think I am. I don’t test because I don’t think it’s real. I didn’t cancel Christmas with my family because I don’t think my family members with underlying conditions and the elderly aren’t at risk. In no way have I ever said those things. I think there has been some political games. I think the shit Downs have hurt as many as the disease....I think Big Pharma and companies like BD and Abbott have benefitted while small business’ have been hurt the most. I believe the stimulation packages have been made political. I believe the government has used this to push their agendas on both sides and the American people haven’t been their focus. That’s last I’m talking about it because some people take the post they want to remember and not everything I post

Reactions: Essolover4
It is true that every election year something happens. I’ll be honest I didn’t see the second wave coming but I’ve been steadfast in stating I know Covid is real. Also know the numbers are a bit skewed. I e never thought it was gonna completely disappear and never said that but it will go away. I think if you all talked to me sitting at the bar and chatted with me about it and got my thoughts from February until now you wouldn’t think I’m the asshole about it many in here think I am. I don’t test because I don’t think it’s real. I didn’t cancel Christmas with my family because I don’t think my family members with underlying conditions and the elderly aren’t at risk. In no way have I ever said those things. I think there has been some political games. I think the shit Downs have hurt as many as the disease....I think Big Pharma and companies like BD and Abbott have benefitted while small business’ have been hurt the most. I believe the stimulation packages have been made political. I believe the government has used this to push their agendas on both sides and the American people haven’t been their focus. That’s last I’m talking about it because some people take the post they want to remember and not everything I post

you said that we would not hear about the virus anymore after the election. I never said that you posted it would go away. You can continue to deny that all you want, but you did say it. The MSM media is still covering the virus everyday. You and all the other people who said it was all just political should just man up and eat some crow. Given your history, I know you won’t ever do that. But you should.

P. s. You also said I was the one who brought politics into this thread. Wrong again. Just scroll up and read for yourself

Reactions: CU91ENGR
I was at the hospital three days ago getting stitches in my daughters ear. this is what the Dr. told me,they have plenty of beds what they don’t have are nurses. Drive to pardee hospital and see for yourself. Grandma is ok uncle is ok. If your scared of this by all means stay home wear your mask. I’ve not put on the first mask yet. my employees and i have not missed a day of work and all of them and their families are doing great. I’ll keep on living without fear.

There's a fairly significant chasm that exists between "living in fear" and being a compassionate and respectful member of society... What folks are being encouraged to do in an attempt to even slightly mitigate the spread is a pretty small ask... but you keep doing you...

And as others have pointed out, using personal anecdotal evidence as a means to determine the severity of this virus is beyond short sighted... It crosses into being completely unsympathetic to how this has affected thousands of families...

We all have stories... I'm also a resident of WNC and here is my experience... The father of one of my wife's best friends died from COVID yesterday... Early 60's firefighter with no known health issues... lost his fight about two weeks after diagnosis... Another family friend... 58 with no known health issues died of COVID two days after being hospitalized... Uncle of another family friend died about 6 weeks ago... And I've had a number of friends in my age bracket (mid 40's) that have had it... Symptoms ranged from flu like lasting about a week all the way to 5 weeks of hell... Low O2 levels, breathing difficulty, high fever lasting weeks, and two separate occurrences of pneumonia.... And that individual is the epidemy of good health...

At the end of the day the mortality rates are thankfully low... But there are A TON of outcomes between living and dying... And it's become pretty obvious through all these anecdotal stories that there is simply no way of knowing what any one individual experience will be... My suggestion is that you don't use the stories from your tiny bubble as a worldview... i.e. show a little compassion...

By the way... super glad to hear that your family members had no issues! Breaks me to see how many families have lost so much over these last 10 months...

@nmerritt11 , got that a$$ busted right there. I'm sure you will try to wiggle out of it, but say what you want, you were making it out to be almost entirely political at first. To your credit, you did change your tune later on.

@cu22. just curious if you saw that NC had over 8500 new cases today and 155 new deaths. A new high for cases, and the second highest number of deaths. Guess the hospitals are empty, huh?

Maybe you shouldn’t live in a bustling metropolis. The only media I read is here and I sure don’t watch cnn,fox,msm,oan or any other bs. Both sides are full of shit about everything being a virus, budgeting ,telling the truth and everything thing else political ass hats try to sell. I’ll keep on living the way I want you do the same

@cu22. just curious if you saw that NC had over 8500 new cases today and 155 new deaths. A new high for cases, and the second highest number of deaths. Guess the hospitals are empty, huh?
At pardee hospital it is. If you get the virus go there. Literally everyone I know that had it is fine. The list already includes the two who was the Most vulnerable that I referenced plus his wife my aunt who is 65 both her daughters in their 40’s their children my nephew. If people have lost loved ones I’m sorry for them. It does not change the fact that everyone that gets it has a 99% chance of living. I get it’s a virus,I’m not going to get anybody’s face when I’m out, just don’t come and get in mine because you have a mask on and I don’t.

• Wow
Reactions: purenonsense
There's a fairly significant chasm that exists between "living in fear" and being a compassionate and respectful member of society... What folks are being encouraged to do in an attempt to even slightly mitigate the spread is a pretty small ask... but you keep doing you...

And as others have pointed out, using personal anecdotal evidence as a means to determine the severity of this virus is beyond short sighted... It crosses into being completely unsympathetic to how this has affected thousands of families...

We all have stories... I'm also a resident of WNC and here is my experience... The father of one of my wife's best friends died from COVID yesterday... Early 60's firefighter with no known health issues... lost his fight about two weeks after diagnosis... Another family friend... 58 with no known health issues died of COVID two days after being hospitalized... Uncle of another family friend died about 6 weeks ago... And I've had a number of friends in my age bracket (mid 40's) that have had it... Symptoms ranged from flu like lasting about a week all the way to 5 weeks of hell... Low O2 levels, breathing difficulty, high fever lasting weeks, and two separate occurrences of pneumonia.... And that individual is the epidemy of good health...

At the end of the day the mortality rates are thankfully low... But there are A TON of outcomes between living and dying... And it's become pretty obvious through all these anecdotal stories that there is simply no way of knowing what any one individual experience will be... My suggestion is that you don't use the stories from your tiny bubble as a worldview... i.e. show a little compassion...

By the way... super glad to hear that your family members had no issues! Breaks me to see how many families have lost so much over these last 10 months...
I’m sorry to hear that and I maybe everyone in my family got lucky. If I’m sick I’ll stay home but I’m not putting on a mask when I’m healthy and not a threat to anyone. I do have compassion just because I see it differently doesn’t mean I can’t care about other people

At pardee hospital it is. If you get the virus go there. Literally everyone I know that had it is fine. The list already includes the two who was the Most vulnerable that I referenced plus his wife my aunt who is 65 both her daughters in their 40’s their children my nephew. If people have lost loved ones I’m sorry for them. It does not change the fact that everyone that gets it has a 99% chance of living. I get it’s a virus,I’m not going to get anybody’s face when I’m out, just don’t come and get in mine because you have a mask on and I don’t.
Your 99% chance of living stat is total horse shit. So far there have been 83 million cases of Covid in the world with 1.8 million deaths. That's a 2.1% death rate for those that have gotten Covid. Sure, younger people have a very low percentage of dying, but to say that everyone has a 99% chance of not dying is ridiculous and irresponsible. And the fact that seems to get lost in all the "you won't die" crap, is that a pretty high percentage of survivors have lingering effects that may last a very long time.

I’m sorry to hear that and I maybe everyone in my family got lucky. If I’m sick I’ll stay home but I’m not putting on a mask when I’m healthy and not a threat to anyone. I do have compassion just because I see it differently doesn’t mean I can’t care about other people
I guess you're not smart enough to realize that a good many people carry the virus and are asymptomatic. In other words, you don't know you have it.

Reactions: purenonsense
Some people will get it, some wont.
Some people will die, some wont.

Thats how it is with any sickness.
Take precautions, wear your life saving impenetrable masks and leave everybody else alone. Its going on a year now so no use to keep arguing and beating a dead horse.

Its life...you only get one and you are closing in on death the very day you are born.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT