ADVERTISEMENT

Here We Go: Biden Regime to Push for Nationwide Updated COVID Booster Shots This Fall in Response to New Wave of Infections

it's insanity that this even needs to be said / the issue in general has become politicized/polarizing. agree kids need to be encouraged to be more active / eat better, but really the entire country needs that message. everyone is so obsessed with not hurting anyones feelings that instead of being honest with people, we enable unhealthy habits and logical delusions.

the problem is that message implies that people are responsible for themselves, which is something the population has largely been conditioned to ignore or react negatively to. nothing is anybody's fault anymore, people who are obese would rather hear it's the result of some medical issue that needs pharmaceutical treatment instead of hard work, or that they're some unfortunate victim of circumstance, which they helplessly perpetuated with gross overconsumption. they only acceptable message is one that absolves the individual of fault in the situation or responsibility in the solution.

as far as the vaccine, i'm as out as i've always been. do find it weird how quickly they discovered a new strain and had a vaccine up and ready for distribution. just seems a little too convenient. if nothing else though, curious to see the broader public response to vaccine availability. have a feeling this will be a real eye opener as a reflection of how much faith the public still places in the health agencies and govt in general. my guess would be there is a shockingly low demand for the new vax.

The whole thing is bizarre. It’s such an obvious issue but we avoid it. And now we even put overweight people in the sports illustrated swimsuit edition. I mean wtf?

Yea I doubt there will be much interest in the new vax. My mom got COVID last weekend. She’s in her 70s and not in great health and she said it was like a minor sinus infection. She’s already over it completely. My family of four was close to her for several hours when she had it last weekend. None of us got it, despite zero doses of the vaccine among us. Maybe we were lucky, or more likely, good general health, normal BMIs, taking vitamins, etc prevailed.

Reactions: Jjh7
Are you really going to pretend like this dude is normal? Oh wait, forgot who I was talking to for a sec...

"Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) went on an epic fear-mongering rant on Friday, telling Fox News’ Maria Bartiromo that COVID-19 was “pre-planned” by unnamed elites with the goal of taking away human rights. “This is all pre-planned by an elite group of people,” Johnson said when discussing the pandemic and vaccines with the right-wing TV host, adding that this group wants “to take total control over our lives.”
Unbelievable how ignorant some of our "leaders" are. And the Fox news followers eat this shit up. It's really sad to see.

The whole thing is bizarre. It’s such an obvious issue but we avoid it. And now we even put overweight people in the sports illustrated swimsuit edition. I mean wtf?

Yea I doubt there will be much interest in the new vax. My mom got COVID last weekend. She’s in her 70s and not in great health and she said it was like a minor sinus infection. She’s already over it completely. My family of four was close to her for several hours when she had it last weekend. None of us got it, despite zero doses of the vaccine among us. Maybe we were lucky, or more likely, good general health, normal BMIs, taking vitamins, etc prevailed.

it's insanity what they do to promote grossly unhealthy people in the name of making them feel better about it. sorry, but actually giving a sht about someone means sometimes telling them things they don't want to hear. i bet diabetics learning how to walk on a prosthetic limb today would trade their current situation for having had their feelings hurt years ago by people around them pushing them to get their health in order. instead the message they got was sports illustrated and every other public voice telling them they were perfect the way they were.

i really think it comes down to politicians being afraid to take any position that tells people they can and should be responsible for themselves. everything they voice implies any negative condition or situation is the fault of some group or systemic inequity and that individuals were both powerless to prevent it and incapable of overcoming it - therefore the government needs new and greater authority to correct for it. part of it is fear that people will reject any message that places responsibility on themselves - what wins in politics now is abc is why your life sucks, xyz is at fault for it, and i'll fix that for you because you can't. most of it is just government always seeking to expand their control over people though.

i had to take an antibody test to find out i'd ever had covid, never knew when i'd even had it...never had any symptoms. do think there's some biological explanations for generally young/healthy people with extreme reactions to it - not to say i have any theory about what those are or why that would be - just that i'd be shocked if there weren't certain characteristics that left the small number of that group predisposed to severe symptoms - whether that's blood type, genealogy, whatever...i have to believe there's answers there that i haven't seen anyone put much effort into identifying. glad your mom was ok, re older people in general though, it's not like covid being much more harmful in that demo should have been some massive surprise to anyone. they acted like it was the grim reaper for the elderly....like yea no sht so is a head cold.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT