ADVERTISEMENT

Here We Go: Biden Regime to Push for Nationwide Updated COVID Booster Shots This Fall in Response to New Wave of Infections

I really wonder how we got to this point where people are raging against vaccines, covid and otherwise. Mandatory vaccinations for schools, military, and various jobs have been a thing for decades.

In America’s past, we’ve seen people line up to take vaccines as quickly as they could and as a result of long term, mass vaccinations we’ve been able to eliminate diseases that used to kill with regularity.

You don’t want to be forced to take a vaccine? Ok, fine. I didn’t agree with the administration’s stance on compulsory vaccinations for private companies either. But this weird obsession people have now with asserting that vaccines aren’t effective or that they’re dangerous despite documented proof otherwise is just absolutely mind blowing to me.

These are the post-truth politics that have taken our country hostage.

I’m not anti-vax, but have been anti-mandate. I think it comes from an extended period of over-the-top, and many times ineffective or inappropriate, restrictions during COVID. Even before the vaccine.

Mandatory lock downs, closing businesses, no restaurants, closed public places, closed parks, closed sidewalks... Hell, there was a period of time you couldn’t go to the beach in the fresh air or launch a boat in Charleston, where you could safely social distance in the middle of a giant river or harbor. How stupid is that?

People lost their livelihoods, they lost relationships and some even lost their minds - literally. Mental health issues spiked.

And the masks. The MASKS. Holy shit the masks.

And maybe most severe, school closures. Depriving our young people of much needed learning and social interaction. And upon return, teaching - as an example - my 5 year old how to begin reading through a nasty mask that he had to wear all day until May of 2022 - more than 2 years into COVID.

Throw in some legitimate concerns about the actual health issues. Like healthy people with no comorbidities below 50 - and especially kids - generally breezing through this thing, yet nearly zero recognition of this during the implementation of restrictions and guidance. Or the very reasonable position of not wanting to take a vaccine with limited testing that was rushed into production - particularly given the point just before. Or actually having Covid - like I did - and it being a giant nothingburger.

You can call it post-truth, but it’s really post ridiculous and damaging COVID measures. Many people had enough of the government telling them what to do by the time the vaccine came around. And most were no longer scared of COVID. And those that should have been - older people and those with comorbidities - didn’t get the clarity through the noise that the vaccine was specifically important for them.

Last edited:
I’m not anti-vax, but have been anti-mandate. I think it comes from an extended period of over-the-top, and many times ineffective or inappropriate, restrictions during COVID. Even before the vaccine.

Mandatory lock downs, closing businesses, no restaurants, closed public places, closed parks, closed sidewalks... Hell, there was a period of time you couldn’t go to the beach in the fresh air or launch a boat in Charleston, where you could safely social distance in the middle of a giant river or harbor. How stupid is that?

People lost their livelihoods, they lost relationships and some even lost their minds - literally. Mental health issues spiked.

And the masks. The MASKS. Holy shit the masks.

And maybe most severe, school closures. Depriving our young people of much needed learning and social interaction. And upon return, teaching - as an example - my 5 year old how to begin reading through a nasty mask that he had to wear all day until May of 2022 - more than 2 years into COVID.

Throw in some legitimate concerns about the actual health issues. Like healthy people with no comorbidities below 50 - and especially kids - generally breezing through this thing, yet nearly zero recognition of this during the implementation of restrictions and guidance. Or the very reasonable position of not wanting to take a vaccine with limited testing that was rushed into production - particularly given the point just before. Or actually having Covid - like I did - and it being a giant nothingburger.

You can call it post-truth, but it’s really post ridiculous and damaging COVID measures. Many people had enough of the government telling them what to do by the time the vaccine came around. And most were no longer scared of COVID. And those that should have been - older people and those with comorbidities - didn’t get the clarity through the noise that the vaccine was specifically important for them.
The vaccine craze came way before covid. That’s been a thing for the last 10-15 years, people refusing to take vaccines to the point that older diseases we hadn’t seen much of in years started to pop up again.

And when people purposefully base their argument on falsehoods and disregard facts, that is post-truthism, like by definition. If you want to argue about covid restrictions being over the top, whatever that’s fine, but that argument is far too often couched in post truth rhetoric about how vaccines are dangerous or not effective etc.

Even you, using language about a vaccine with “limited testing” that was “rushed.” This is a bullshit political talking point designed to erode faith in the factual, medical science and data that exists. It’s designed to imply an unusual amount of danger when there is none. None of that is backed up by fact, the vaccine went through the exact same steps, testing wise, as any other vaccine. It happened more quickly because your boy Trump fast tracked it (by the far the best thing he did as President) and companies made the covid vaccine their only priority.

You’d think Republicans would absolutely champion the covid vaccine since it’s the most important thing Trump got accomplished and it should stand as an example if the type of significant achievements that private companies can make when the government basically gives them every resource they need and limited interference.

But the truth doesn’t really count for much in America anymore. Our politics are just a contest to see who can get away with telling the biggest lie.

DJT was put in an impossible situation and had to rely on “experts” like Fauci and Birx. He was screwed either way. Of course most Republicans don’t champion it. All planned, it worked, and they are doing it again.

The vaccine craze came way before covid. That’s been a thing for the last 10-15 years, people refusing to take vaccines to the point that older diseases we hadn’t seen much of in years started to pop up again.

And when people purposefully base their argument on falsehoods and disregard facts, that is post-truthism, like by definition. If you want to argue about covid restrictions being over the top, whatever that’s fine, but that argument is far too often couched in post truth rhetoric about how vaccines are dangerous or not effective etc.

Even you, using language about a vaccine with “limited testing” that was “rushed.” This is a bullshit political talking point designed to erode faith in the factual, medical science and data that exists. It’s designed to imply an unusual amount of danger when there is none. None of that is backed up by fact, the vaccine went through the exact same steps, testing wise, as any other vaccine. It happened more quickly because your boy Trump fast tracked it (by the far the best thing he did as President) and companies made the covid vaccine their only priority.

You’d think Republicans would absolutely champion the covid vaccine since it’s the most important thing Trump got accomplished and it should stand as an example if the type of significant achievements that private companies can make when the government basically gives them every resource they need and limited interference.

But the truth doesn’t really count for much in America anymore. Our politics are just a contest to see who can get away with telling the biggest lie.

I'm not sure how closely tied the anti-vax mom craze and covid shot reluctance is. One is farrrrrrrr more widespread than the other. For example, my family has all of its "normal" vaccines. My kids are up to date. But there are zero covid shots among the 4 of us. We're at what, 60% covid vaccination status nationwide? And probably 98% compliance on standard vaccine schedule? I made up the last number, but you get the idea.

As that relates to the one point of mine you called bullshit, all of those vaccines have been out for many years or decades. So yea, the covid vaccine went through a generally standard testing process on a fast-tracked basis, but there was no ability to gauge long-term results and effects. That's not the case for vaccines that have been out for decades, so there can be a difference in patient confidence and comfort. And that's understandable.

I stand by my point that the powers at be should do far more to advocate for general health of the population via non-pharmaceutical means (diet, exercise, healthy weight, sleep, be active, etc). Our failure as a nation to take care of ourselves is an absolute plague on our healthcare system and society.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Allornothing
I'm not sure how closely tied the anti-vax mom craze and covid shot reluctance is. One is farrrrrrrr more widespread than the other. For example, my family has all of its "normal" vaccines. My kids are up to date. But there are zero covid shots among the 4 of us. We're at what, 60% covid vaccination status nationwide? And probably 98% compliance on standard vaccine schedule? I made up the last number, but you get the idea.

As that relates to the one point of mine you called bullshit, all of those vaccines have been out for many years or decades. So yea, the covid vaccine went through a generally standard testing process on a fast-tracked basis, but there was no ability to gauge long-term results and effects. That's not the case for vaccines that have been out for decades, so there can be a difference in patient confidence and comfort. And that's understandable.

I stand by my point that the powers at be should do far more to advocate for general health of the population via non-pharmaceutical means (diet, exercise, healthy weight, sleep, be active, etc). Our failure as a nation to take care of ourselves is an absolute plague on our healthcare system and society.
The vast majority of the population being healthy and not on meds is not good for business and thats the sad truth.

I really wonder how we got to this point where people are raging against vaccines, covid and otherwise. Mandatory vaccinations for schools, military, and various jobs have been a thing for decades.

In America’s past, we’ve seen people line up to take vaccines as quickly as they could and as a result of long term, mass vaccinations we’ve been able to eliminate diseases that used to kill with regularity.

You don’t want to be forced to take a vaccine? Ok, fine. I didn’t agree with the administration’s stance on compulsory vaccinations for private companies either. But this weird obsession people have now with asserting that vaccines aren’t effective or that they’re dangerous despite documented proof otherwise is just absolutely mind blowing to me.

These are the post-truth politics that have taken our country hostage.

Oh gee, the people don't trust the government that continually lies to them. This is a brain buster. How is this mind-blowing to you? Do you not think there are consequences of being dishonest?

The anti-vax thing was a precursor to anti-covid vaccines. For a decade anti-vax rhetoric, conspiracies, etc had been leaking into American culture. So it wasn’t a huge leap to take.

And 80% of the country has received at least one dose. So your family is an outlier on this, you’re a vaccine conspiracy extremist who is willfully basing his decision on conjecture and political opinion rather than fact. I’d respect you far more if you just admitted you didn’t want to take it because it’s your way of protesting covid lockdowns that - gasp - stopped you from being able to go out on your boat instead of making up bullshit reasons in an attempt to make yourself sound reasonable. Don’t want to get the vaccine? Cool. But don’t not get it because of falsehoods.

I’d venture to say that you, and all other anti-vax weirdos, are constantly putting things in your body that have been studied far less than the covid vaccine.

And yes, your disdain for anyone who doesn’t have a 30 inch waist is well documented. Please suggest an actual policy idea that would help with this problem and actually be supported by the people you vote for.

As per usual I agree with a lot.of this, we need to focus more on better meals, better diet, less drugs etc. Totally agree.

It's a little bit of a leap to say people should take previous vaccines because they have been out longer, vs a brand new vaccine. The "old" vaccines weren't always old, vaccines historically have very,very low instances of long-term side effects.

The anti-vax thing was a precursor to anti-covid vaccines. For a decade anti-vax rhetoric, conspiracies, etc had been leaking into American culture. So it wasn’t a huge leap to take.

And 80% of the country has received at least one dose. So your family is an outlier on this, you’re a vaccine conspiracy extremist who is willfully basing his decision on conjecture and political opinion rather than fact. I’d respect you far more if you just admitted you didn’t want to take it because it’s your way of protesting covid lockdowns that - gasp - stopped you from being able to go out on your boat instead of making up bullshit reasons in an attempt to make yourself sound reasonable. Don’t want to get the vaccine? Cool. But don’t not get it because of falsehoods.

I’d venture to say that you, and all other anti-vax weirdos, are constantly putting things in your body that have been studied far less than the covid vaccine.

And yes, your disdain for anyone who doesn’t have a 30 inch waist is well documented. Please suggest an actual policy idea that would help with this problem and actually be supported by the people you vote for.

We didn't do it because of protesting covid lockdowns. There were a number of factors, including us being extraordinarily low risk. All under 40 at the time, zero comorbidities, normal BMIs, etc. My son and I also had covid, and therefore natural antibodies. And our experience with it was substantially less severe/lasting than a common cold. These are indisputable facts based on data and personal experience. I also never get the flu shot because, well, I never get the flu. And I'm not at risk for complications like an elderly person might be. Where are the falsehoods in here?

I don't have a health policy idea that would be supported by Republicans, but as I've often shown, I disagree with them on many policies.

Personally, I would invest in nutrition and health education overall, and healthy food options in lower income areas (ex. food deserts). Just like with personal finance, a well-rounded education should include deep understanding of how to take care of yourself to lead a healthy lifestyle.

To compliment that, I would include incentives for members of health insurance plans for managing things within their control that suggest a lower likelihood of medical claims. Just like we do with smoking cessation, there should be lower premiums for people who take care of themselves in measurable ways.

And in opposition of a typical "deregulation" republican, I would have the FDA (or perhaps an organization less influenced by lobbyists) look closely at the ingredients in many of our foods. There is a very high prevalence of bad-for-you ingredients in our massive processed food industry. Of course, part of the education above would be encouraging people to avoid high quantities of processed foods. But within those, perhaps there is something to be done to incentivize food makers to use alternate ingredients.

Nobody is proposing solutions that actually address the root cause. We want to change how healthcare is funded without changing the health of the country. Like I said in my student loan post, let's work on the root cause of the problem. And in the US, it's largely an unhealthy, and undereducated, population along with a high prevalence of unhealthy food along with inadequate physical activity.

We didn't do it because of protesting covid lockdowns. There were a number of factors, including us being extraordinarily low risk. All under 40 at the time, zero comorbidities, normal BMIs, etc. My son and I also had covid, and therefore natural antibodies. And our experience with it was substantially less severe/lasting than a common cold. These are indisputable facts based on data and personal experience. I also never get the flu shot because, well, I never get the flu. And I'm not at risk for complications like an elderly person might be. Where are the falsehoods in here?

I don't have a health policy idea that would be supported by Republicans, but as I've often shown, I disagree with them on many policies.

Personally, I would invest in nutrition and health education overall, and healthy food options in lower income areas (ex. food deserts). Just like with personal finance, a well-rounded education should include deep understanding of how to take care of yourself to lead a healthy lifestyle.

To compliment that, I would include incentives for members of health insurance plans for managing things within their control that suggest a lower likelihood of medical claims. Just like we do with smoking cessation, there should be lower premiums for people who take care of themselves in measurable ways.

And in opposition of a typical "deregulation" republican, I would have the FDA (or perhaps an organization less influenced by lobbyists) look closely at the ingredients in many of our foods. There is a very high prevalence of bad-for-you ingredients in our massive processed food industry. Of course, part of the education above would be encouraging people to avoid high quantities of processed foods. But within those, perhaps there is something to be done to incentivize food makers to use alternate ingredients.

Nobody is proposing solutions that actually address the root cause. We want to change how healthcare is funded without changing the health of the country. Like I said in my student loan post, let's work on the root cause of the problem. And in the US, it's largely an unhealthy, and undereducated, population along with a high prevalence of unhealthy food along with inadequate physical activity.

I agree with all of this. Interestingly as itls very frequently the case for Republicans, they absolutely balked when all of this was suggested by Michelle Obama. They literally berated her and there was huge uproar.

The reality is that we could fix many of the issues in America, but nobody wants to pay for it. We are incredibly short sighted financially.

An example is this... I went to a Harbor Freight a few weeks ago. That place was wall to wall MAGA hates and Trump fans. All professing to be America First like our boy @TigerGrowls spouts daily. They are literally giving money to China and robbing from American companies with every knockoff Chinese product they buy in there. They are wearing MAGA hats that are made in China. They dont even try to buy American clothes because the US clothes are much more expensive since they have to give living wages. Actually develop the items,pay taxes, etc. All the whol not realizing that in the long run buying cheap Chinese is costing us more in the long run.

I agree with all of this. Interestingly as itls very frequently the case for Republicans, they absolutely balked when all of this was suggested by Michelle Obama. They literally berated her and there was huge uproar.

I agree. @hopefultiger13 mentioned it earlier as well. Getting kids eating right and moving/active was a terrific first lady initiative and should have had universal support. It makes me so sad to see significantly overweight kids, which has become very common. We are setting them up for a lifetime of chronic illness and burden on our healthcare system.

I agree. @hopefultiger13 mentioned it earlier as well. Getting kids eating right and moving/active was a terrific first lady initiative and should have had universal support. It makes me so sad to see significantly overweight kids, which has become very common. We are setting them up for a lifetime of chronic illness and burden on our healthcare system.

Yep. Type two diabetes in children is awful and it is fully due to bad diets, much of which is because of the facts that bad,Carby,processed foods are cheap.

I agree with pretty much all of that. It’s frustrating that you vote with politicians who are so fervently against something you obviously care a lot about.

Reactions: flotiger
In other words, these entities won't go along with our alternate version of reality! MAGA!
In other words for "slow folks" like yourself, it is being proven, time and time again (in court), that YOU, and the party you support, are a bunch of liars.

If you were to somehow develop a moment of courage in the future, you should really ask for your balls back. You're an embarrassment to ALL grown men across the globe.

In other words for "slow folks" like yourself, it is being proven, time and time again (in court), that YOU, and the party you support, are a bunch of liars.

If you were to somehow develop a moment of courage in the future, you should really ask for your balls back. You're an embarrassment to ALL grown men across the globe.
In court you say? LMAO

Can you provide the proof Hambone? Yeah, I didn't think so!

Hope your balls drop because you are an embarrassment to your kindergarten

In court you say? LMAO

Can you provide the proof Hambone? Yeah, I didn't think so!

Hope your balls drop because you are an embarrassment to your kindergarten
D-Pic, the only difference between you and an "abortion baby", is that a "birthing person" decided they should let you be born.

D-Pic, the only difference between you and an "abortion baby", is that a "birthing person" decided they should let you be born.
How long you reckon I'll have to wait for that proof?

waiting-skeleton.gif

Honest question. There is definitely an increase of covd infections in my area. What is wrong with the government suggesting people get vaccines? We literally do that every single year for Flu season etc.

Other than people hating the Covid vaccines for some weird reason, why do we feel that this some weird off the wall governmental action?
Im ok with suggestions. Not ok with no jab, no job.

Ok so in dem bizarro world any contrarian opinion on the establishment covid propaganda is weird.
Are you really going to pretend like this dude is normal? Oh wait, forgot who I was talking to for a sec...

"Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) went on an epic fear-mongering rant on Friday, telling Fox News’ Maria Bartiromo that COVID-19 was “pre-planned” by unnamed elites with the goal of taking away human rights. “This is all pre-planned by an elite group of people,” Johnson said when discussing the pandemic and vaccines with the right-wing TV host, adding that this group wants “to take total control over our lives.”

You HAVE to be kidding. Trump and his supporters have been taking an absolute BEATING in court.

it's insanity that this even needs to be said / the issue in general has become politicized/polarizing. agree kids need to be encouraged to be more active / eat better, but really the entire country needs that message. everyone is so obsessed with not hurting anyones feelings that instead of being honest with people, we enable unhealthy habits and logical delusions.

the problem is that message implies that people are responsible for themselves, which is something the population has largely been conditioned to ignore or react negatively to. nothing is anybody's fault anymore, people who are obese would rather hear it's the result of some medical issue that needs pharmaceutical treatment instead of hard work, or that they're some unfortunate victim of circumstance, which they helplessly perpetuated with gross overconsumption. they only acceptable message is one that absolves the individual of fault in the situation or responsibility in the solution.

as far as the vaccine, i'm as out as i've always been. do find it weird how quickly they discovered a new strain and had a vaccine up and ready for distribution. just seems a little too convenient. if nothing else though, curious to see the broader public response to vaccine availability. have a feeling this will be a real eye opener as a reflection of how much faith the public still places in the health agencies and govt in general. my guess would be there is a shockingly low demand for the new vax.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT