ADVERTISEMENT

Highest poverty rate by state - what do they have in common?

Okay 😅
That particular poster had exactly one post, unless I missed others or he deleted, prior to being called a racist, and I don't see anything even remotely racist about that particular post. But maybe your comment was about other threads or a history of posting etc.

I tend to think there are a lot of dog whistles used all the time on this board, but when there isn't one, kind of makes the accusations feel hollow and like the boy who cried racist.

But you do you.

That particular poster had exactly one post, unless I missed others or he deleted, prior to being called a racist, and I don't see anything even remotely racist about that particular post. But maybe your comment was about other threads or a history of posting etc.

I tend to think there are a lot of dog whistles used all the time on this board, but when there isn't one, kind of makes the accusations feel hollow and like the boy who cried racist.

But you do you.
👍Appreciate your blessing. Just so won't be confused anymore, @okclem definitely was calling @gcsoccer16 a racist shitbag.

If you drill in at the county level, you will find high correlation between blue counties and violence, education and poverty within these red states.
So is the argument here that Democrat run counties in Republican run states are SO bad that they drag the entire state so far down that it appears Republican states have more poverty, crime etc than Democrat run states?

It seems like what you’re arguing for is Republican run counties in Democrat run states.

So is the argument here that Democrat run counties in Republican run states are SO bad that they drag the entire state so far down that it appears Republican states have more poverty, crime etc than Democrat run states?

It seems like what you’re arguing for is Republican run counties in Democrat run states.
Just like California!

I know I've said plenty to a lot of you that I can't take back. I know this will fall on deaf ears for some of you. And I don't blame any of you for that if that's how you feel. But I am genuinely sorry for all the vitriolic things I've said here. This is a wake up call for me, and I hope it is for others here too.

The only thing we can do to help lower the temperature is stop being at each other's throats. My rhetoric here has laid bricks on this road we've gone down. I will do my part, and again I am sorry. I don't hate any of you. I'm sorry.
I guess you're saying the rhetoric or temperature wasn't actually high enough for an assassination attempt and you do hate them?

I guess, what was your reasoning then? I may have misunderstood your thought process back then.
My reasoning was that it was likely a shitlib who shot at Trump. I didn't really go into my thought process at the time, other than things were getting too hot. And now I'm done justifying my posts to you. 🍻

My reasoning was that it was likely a shitlib who shot at Trump. I didn't really go into my thought process at the time, other than things were getting too hot. And now I'm done justifying my posts to you. 🍻
K. I just wanted to understand. But that's cool. I lean left, which in Greenville means I'm a flaming liberal and just was trying to understand.

No I don't hate anyone. I have no desire to commit violence towards anyone. I strongly dislike them, and I call a spade a spade.
Fair enough. Just didn't see anything about his posts in this thread (but did about others). My b. Carry on.

Which is odd considering the most prosperous counties (NYC, LA, SF) are blue counties in blue states.

Reactions: okclem
K. I just wanted to understand. But that's cool. I lean left, which in Greenville means I'm a flaming liberal and just was trying to understand.
All good. I have nothing against you andgenerally appreciate your contributions to the board. I just do not need my words translated. I say exactly what I mean at all times. Living in Greenville, like you, I know that isn't the typical experience. I don't mind anyone disagreeing with anything I say, but I'm going to raise the issue any time someone assumes what I meant on my behalf.

Reactions: UrHuckleberry
All good. I have nothing against you andgenerally appreciate your contributions to the board. I just do not need my words translated. I say exactly what I mean at all times. Living in Greenville, like you, I know that isn't the typical experience. I don't mind anyone disagreeing with anything I say, but I'm going to raise the issue any time someone assumes what I meant on my behalf.
Fair enough.

And to be clear, I wasn't saying you didn't mean it, I just thought you made a mistake and had the two posters switched. Was trying to be helpful. All good.

👍Appreciate your blessing. Just so won't be confused anymore, @okclem definitely was calling @gcsoccer16 a racist shitbag.
I've said nothing racist. Nothing even close. You don't even know my race.

You get upset because I call out your BS and challenege your often unhinged rhetoric. You and @PrimeIsGettingComfortable randomly and baselessly call me a racist. It's an easy escape when you know you are either losing an argument or simply are incapable of a debate.

I challenge you, yet again, to find one example of me being racist or would you like to do the right thing and just apologize?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT