ADVERTISEMENT

HoHum. Another day another breed of peace accidental biting::

d-tiger45

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Apr 6, 2010
Breed should be rounded up and eradicated.

“Deputies say Justin’s scalp was halfway torn off, had deep puncture wounds on both legs, and half of his ear had been bitten off.”

Why are there 3 dogs off leash? Genuinely ignorant question, do they not have leash laws in that part of Georgia?

Reactions: dpotter24
Owner should be brought up on attempted murder charges
The owner of the three dogs, Burt Baker III, arrived on scene and told deputies the dogs were his. He told officers the dogs like to chase people on bicycles.

After learning from animal control the owner has had previous reports and warnings in the past, deputies charged Baker with reckless conduct.

The guy is admitting he likes to harass people.

• Angry
Reactions: cbm369
I get that people want to shit on pits but the issue here is imo a shit owner having dogs off leash, but people that hate pits hate hearing that.
Ah yes…. Let us not forgot all the off leash Yorkies, Labs, Beagles and Border Collies setting people up like velociraptors and then dragging them into ditches to tear them apart.

Ah yes…. Let us not forgot all the off leash Yorkies, Labs, Beagles and Border Collies setting people up like velociraptors and then dragging them into ditches to tear them apart.
Yep, exactly right, you got it

Reactions: Jwilliamsiii
Is this guy nuts?
Yep, I'm just a silly crazy person that thinks a shitty dog owner that intentionally let's 3 dogs roam free in order to harass bicycle riders is the main problem here, so just ignore me.

“The family says they have reported these dogs to Columbia County Sheriff’s Office several times before. Ericka says she filed her first report last year, and says neighbors have also made reports and complaints.”

I remember that time when something very similar happened in our neighborhood. Local officials didn’t take prompt action.

I did.

No carcass; no crime; no more dog problem.

I get that people want to shit on pits but the issue here is imo a shit owner having dogs off leash, but people that hate pits hate hearing that.
The owner is no doubt, shitty. However, that in no way lessens the fact that pitts should be eradicated.
As an aside, the owner admitting he knows his dogs like to chase kids on bikes is beyond moronic. If he has anything of value, I would sue him in civil court after filing criminal charges.

Reactions: d-tiger45
Why are there 3 dogs off leash? Genuinely ignorant question, do they not have leash laws in that part of Georgia?
This exactly. And the owner said they like to chase people on bikes. This is more on the dumb owner as I’ve continued to say time and time again. All the while, my actual real pit (not 1 of the insane amount of other breeds people try to call pits) hasn’t harmed a soul and has been attacked by other dogs in the past. And before some idiot says “could snap at any point”, it’s been over 11 years without incident. Give it a break and finally realize that not all dogs are made the same and a lot of this shit is on the owners.

Reactions: wrw311
This exactly. And the owner said they like to chase people on bikes. This is more on the dumb owner as I’ve continued to say time and time again. All the while, my actual real pit (not 1 of the insane amount of other breeds people try to call pits) hasn’t harmed a soul and has been attacked by other dogs in the past. And before some idiot says “could snap at any point”, it’s been over 11 years without incident. Give it a break and finally realize that not all dogs are made the same and a lot of this shit is on the owners.

I agree with you about much of the issues being the owners, that said, we regulate lots of dangerous animals. Pits are dangerous. We should regulate ownership to limit who can get these dogs, just like we do for owning lions,tigers,or other deadly animals.

Just because yours hasn't attacked, doesn't mean that it won't. The common refrain after these types of attacks, is that ," he's always been so sweet and loving, I don't know what happened".

I don't understand why you would want to own a dangerous items that could harm your loved ones at any moment. It's like having a loaded gun sitting on the coffee table all the time.

Interesting story..
I'm in my yard on the phone with my cousin.
My neighbor on one side has a chocolate lab, and he was with his grand daughter walking the dog.
From the other side of the street, I see my other neighbors Grey pitbull streak out of their back yard and blindside the lab.
The lab owners are trying to separate the dogs, and the young lady is caught between both dogs. I hear them yell for help so I grab my pistol and approach the situation cautiously.
My cousin tells me to put the pistol back immediately because if I shot either person OR dog the only person that would be arrested is me.
I agree, Holter the pistol and proceed to run to the pitbull owners home. I knock on the door, he answers. I start to explain that his dog is out and it's attacking someone. He says his dog is in the house. So I unholster my pistol and say, "then you are okay if I shoot him sir?"
He finally comes out and sees the commotion. He helps to get his dog under control but by that time the lab has taken some serious injuries and the grandfather and girl are pretty shook up.
Cops come up later and we have to give statements. I explain what I saw.

Week later, I see the neighbors with the pitbull in the front by the mailbox. The guy tells his wife, there is the guy who snitched on us. I said, no sir I'm the guy who saved your dog.

Interesting story..
I'm in my yard on the phone with my cousin.
My neighbor on one side has a chocolate lab, and he was with his grand daughter walking the dog.
From the other side of the street, I see my other neighbors Grey pitbull streak out of their back yard and blindside the lab.
The lab owners are trying to separate the dogs, and the young lady is caught between both dogs. I hear them yell for help so I grab my pistol and approach the situation cautiously.
My cousin tells me to put the pistol back immediately because if I shot either person OR dog the only person that would be arrested is me.
I agree, Holter the pistol and proceed to run to the pitbull owners home. I knock on the door, he answers. I start to explain that his dog is out and it's attacking someone. He says his dog is in the house. So I unholster my pistol and say, "then you are okay if I shoot him sir?"
He finally comes out and sees the commotion. He helps to get his dog under control but by that time the lab has taken some serious injuries and the grandfather and girl are pretty shook up.
Cops come up later and we have to give statements. I explain what I saw.

Week later, I see the neighbors with the pitbull in the front by the mailbox. The guy tells his wife, there is the guy who snitched on us. I said, no sir I'm the guy who saved your dog.
I’d say this is again a clear cut case of a shitty owner.

Agreed. The most common breed involved in dog bites is still the German shepherd and crosses, because there are a lot of German shepherds. The most common breed involved in FATAL dog bites is overwhelmingly pit bulls. A pit is a genetic time bomb, no matter how gentle he seems. Just a pediatrician's viewpoint.

I’m trying to understand the thought process in selecting a pit bull as a personal or family pet. There are 360 dog breeds and countless mutts available. Who says, “Yep, I want the one exponentially more likely to maul and maim children” when they go through the selection process? How stupid can you be?

Yeah. I hate it when my guns run around the neighborhood chasing kids on their bikes.
I hate it when guns kill more people than all dog breeds combined. Have fun being scared of a dog though.

WRDW news here in Augusta put the same story on their FB page about the boy who was attacked. His mama was posting in the comments section of the story and also posted some pics on her FB page of him right after it happened. What a terrible, terrible sight like something out of a movie. No child should be put through that because of one stupid punk's carelessness.

The owner basically got a slap on the wrist with a reckless conduct charge while the boy is facing many surgeries and will be scarred for life physically and probably mentally. His mama confirmed this morning that he lost his ear and had a surgery scheduled for 8 this morning.

I’m trying to understand the thought process in selecting a pit bull as a personal or family pet. There are 360 dog breeds and countless mutts available. Who says, “Yep, I want the one exponentially more likely to maul and maim children” when they go through the selection process? How stupid can you be?

This is exactly what I don't understand. Just why would you own one unless you like flirting with danger? So many great breeds available and you choose the most dangerous.

This is exactly what I don't understand. Just why would you own one unless you like flirting with danger? So many great breeds available and you choose the most dangerous.
It’s the same guy who drives 80 in a 45.
The same guy who buys a Ford F-35,000, rips off the muffler.
The same guy who says, “why have 16 tats when I can 18”?

Legitimate question: what % of shelter dogs would you say don’t include any Pit Bull genes? (This includes the pups that are labeled as “lab mixes” but are quite obviously Pit mixes and can be easily recognized as such by anyone who has any experience with either breed.) I legitimately don’t know what the % of Pit mixes is in most animal shelters, but I imagine that it’s over 50%, at least from my anecdotal experience.

Which leads me to pose this question to y’all: If a family opts to rescue a shelter dog instead of buying a pure-bred of a specific breed, are they in the wrong for doing so if they so happen to rescue/adopt a dog that is a Pit Bull mix?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT