ADVERTISEMENT

How does revenue sharing work with the 12 team playoff?

housess1

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2008
Anderson, SC
The ACC has proposed allowing teams to keep more of the revenue from the playoff in order to give more to the high viewership teams. The cheating Irish of Notre Dame keep 100%. So they allow schools to keep a percentage? How about 100% for games leading up to the final? I suspect in the playoff games held in a home stadium, the host team keeps all the gate receipts and concessions (the conference never gets any of that now). I propose the conference only gets money from the final four (the same as today). So if FSU gets in and loses, they keep 100% of that. If Clemson as conference champ gets a bye, they would get a home game (keep 100%) and then hopefully be in two playoff games (keeping at least 50%).
Playoff money wouldn't be there at all if the ACC didn't put a team in. The other conference members don't deserve that revenue.

Side note:
I believe we will see similar results in the coming playoff to what we saw last year with TCU. Teams will lay everything they have (use the entire playbook) and win their first game. We will see the same handful of champions that have enough depth of talent to withstand 3-4 difficult games in a row. Day at Ohio State is a superior game planner when he has lots of time. However, that team that gave UGA all they could handle, lost to Michigan (with just one week of preparation - 17 hours as I recall Dabo said).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News