ADVERTISEMENT

How much do Governor races effect Presidential votes?

yoshi121374

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
Williamston,SC
Mainly wondering about North Carolina. The Republican looks to be trailing by 10 points in the most recent polls I've seen. That guy is a big Trumper and Trump anointed. Could that impact the Presidential race? It seems like every election we watch to see dif this is the cycle that puts North Carolina in play.

Reactions: okclem
Mainly wondering about North Carolina. The Republican looks to be trailing by 10 points in the most recent polls I've seen. That guy is a big Trumper and Trump anointed. Could that impact the Presidential race? It seems like every election we watch to see dif this is the cycle that puts North Carolina in play.
You would think it would, especially this cycle where I can imagine a lot of people being driven to vote by Robinson's radical statements, but to this point, it hasn't shown in the betting markets, in fact, NC looks to be the most solid R of all the swing states. The polls have also shown Trump with a 2 -4 point lead until the most recent one, that shows them even, and YouGov is considered a high quality pollster :cool: I still think Trump wins it but I'm not counting Kamala out the way she's been surging.

Aug. 5-9802RVYouGov BlueCarolina ForwardHarris46%46%TrumpMoreEven

I think it will this time in North Carolina. I believe she's going to win NC specifically because of this lunatic running as a republican. Typically I don't think it would, but Mark Robinson makes Mike Flynn look like a trans furry Hamas sympathizer.

She will campaign in NC believing it can be won, and I highly doubt she would if the Rs were running a serious candidate.

I think it will this time in North Carolina. I believe she's going to win NC specifically because of this lunatic running as a republican. Typically I don't think it would, but Mark Robinson makes Mike Flynn look like a trans furry Hamas sympathizer.

She will campaign in NC believing it can be won, and I highly doubt she would if the Rs were running a serious candidate.

Robinson is a nut job. I get the ads down here in South Carolina so I've seen them. The Dem seems that he running a very smart campaign so far. He also seems far,far more normal than Robinson.

At some point the Republicans are going to realize that having DJT endorse someone is a losing proposition. He doesn't have a great track record.

Last edited:
Reactions: okclem
Robinson is a nut job. I get the ads down here in South Ctso I've seen them. The Dem seems that he running a very smart campaign so far. He also seems far,far more normal than Robinson.

At some point the Republicans are going to realize that having DJT endorse someone is a losing proposition. He doesn't have a great track record.
He's also extraordinarily dangerous.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT