ADVERTISEMENT

I called an old friend tonight. Sad news.

FallsChurchTiger

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Guy I grew up with, share a great deal of common experiences with. Good long talk.

I have been trying to check up on him regularly as he went through a painful divorce in the last year, has had some trouble with his son. Its been a bad time, and I've done my best to be there for him.

He's settled into a steady life of what you would consider a really good guy most of us would like to hang out with. Works for a state University, lives on the lake, fishes and hunts like crazy. His off-season passion is buying boats at a discount and "flipping" them, e.g. cleans them up, repairs, reskins, and resells at a good markup. Tells funny jokes. Has your back. Good dude.

After a good talk about the kids, our parents, and where we are all spending Thanksgiving, the conversation revealed to me that he has recently developed a serious medical condition. Prayers are needed.

Hearing him tell the story was really hard, I could hear the quake in his voice as he spoke. I like my friend and I only want the best for him. But his condition is one that is potentially very painful as it can only be cured one way.

You see, he has developed...

Hope.

My friend is a South Carolina fan. He acquired this devastating disease watching the Tennessee game and now... his mind is gone. He thinks... they have a chance.

Rattler is good! Juice Lewis is good! The DL is good! Beamer is smart! We can play with the big boys.

"I HAVE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN TWO EYES. WE HAVE A CHANCE."

Just tragic.

I fear that like Covid 19 this is a highly virulent disease that is spreading quickly across our state and even beyond its borders. Certain people with the preexisting condition of a degree from the University of South Carolina, or more likely the ownership of a random piece of gamecock paraphernalia or, a trailer and a bad mullet, should be considered vulnerable populations that are more likely to be infected and more substantially impacted by the condition.

The good news? While there is only one treatment, it is being delivered this Saturday. There are 82,000 slots available to recieve it, but most have been taken up by shareholders of the group that has discovered and developed the treatment, who wish to see the treatment administered in person, with all authority.

The good news is the treatment will be widely available through other channels. But be warned. Side effects of the treatment are plentiful and disturbing. Tears. Cursing. Violent outbursts. Heavy Drinking. And, most often, these immediate side effects are quickly followed by a vacant, expressionless meandering of the victim while mindlessly repeating phrases like "never again" and "wait till next year."

In the harshest of cases, now known in the medical community as "Long-Hope," symptoms have persisted for nearly seven years. And counting.

But treatment it is coming Saturday. Decisively. Violently. Certainly.

It's coming.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News