ADVERTISEMENT

I guess all the hints people have tried to give y’all

CUtig

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2002
has fallen on deaf ears. YOU CAN NOT SPEND WHAT YOU DO NOT HAVE. Is that clear enough?

IPTAY has over 22,000 members for 2024. But 91% of the NIL funds to keep this current team together came from 37 people. Even with these people donating large amounts to keep this team together over the last couple of years, there is a limit. A number of them are starting to reach it.

Let’s address a couple of the fallacies that have been thrown around this afternoon. First, don’t just assume Clemson is sitting on a bunch of money because of all the construction going on around campus. I had to laugh when I saw that. Most of that is generated from corporate grants/money completed by state issued bonds. Just a heads up, the largest single donation Clemson has ever received toward a building was $60m and the business school cost much more than that to build. Second, anybody who thinks Dabo is not spending money on players because of some kind of arcane philosophy is clueless. He worked his ass off to come up with the money to keep the current team together. He could have either kept the current players or spent the money on recruits.

Did Dabo’s previous comments regarding paying players back himself into a corner with our fan base, absolutely, Paul addressed that earlier today. If Dabo came out and started soliciting for NIL money like other coaches around the country, he would be crucified. So I’m going to be more honest with y’all regarding NIL on this board than anybody has been.

Here’s the bottom line! With a couple of additions, this team has a chance to make a serious run in 2025. In order to keep the core together, we are looking at a minimum of $11 million. If you want a descent recruiting class, $7-9 million on top of that. That’s close to $20 million needed for a run next year and a relative future beyond that. And we are way short of anywhere close to that number at the moment. NIL runs from December to December for the most part. With two months left, Clemson’s NIL is in dire straits.

To give y’all an idea of what we are competing against…………the team we are opening 2025 with is a great example. At this very moment, LSU has $33 million committed on paper to cover current players and their recruiting class. Most of the perceived elite teams are pushing mid $20’s with their current 2024 payroll. It’s about to jump to mid $30’s for 2025. Programs have got creative. And these smaller programs paying a couple of players stupid money have driven the market up.

I know Dabo has talked about the House settlement leveling the playing field but honestly it’s not going to be enough. Unionization with a collective bargaining agreement might be the only answer long term. But I’m not sure that will solve every issue with the current “game.” Congress can’t agree the sky is blue so a bill including an anti trust exemption is not a realistic possibility. We’re on our on.

Clemson Athletics was built on small donations 90 years ago. Hopefully, and I believe it’s going to happen, the rules are going to change where IPTAY can give benefits for donations to NIL. Until then we have to keep the program afloat. We’ve got 6 weeks to put this program on the right course.

Donate what you can in the next 6 weeks:
https://www.110society.com/shop/DONATION.

I truly believe if the Clemson family comes together, we will see an immediate difference. If Dabo has the capital, he will spend it. Let’s all donate a “good meal tonight”………….what do you say……..$500.

There is enough people on this board connected to know whether or not donations have drastically increased. It’s going to get out. If donations do increase, you can see what Dabo does with it and then decide if it’s money or philosophy.

Go Tigers!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.