ADVERTISEMENT

I guess I'm smarter than ole Nerf...how to join the SEC

SaltyMeatBallsOO

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2017
Nerf must not be too smart or he would think if a creative way to join the SEC like I did. Apparently an SEC offer is in hand (see this thread). Here's my idea...

Clemson agrees to pay 50% of the ACC exit fee payable over a ten year period and give the ACC 100% of Clemson's media revenue (TV money) until 2036 to be compliant w/GOR. The SEC renegotiates their TV contract for much more money with Clemson and maybe another team. All teams in the SEC split that money except Clemson. So Clemson gets $0 TV revenue from the SEC until after 2036 therefore, Clemson pays the ACC $0 in TV revenue from now until 2036. In a separate contract the SEC agrees to give Clemson an entry fee payable over the next 14 year equal to 90% of the yearly TV money that the other teams get.

In that example Clemson could join the SEC, pay only 50% of the exit fee, $0 to the ACC in TV money and still get paid by the SEC for joining. The SEC would get more money per team and Clemson would get a big yearly revenue increase (entry fee not TV money). Oh not m=to mention how much more fun our schedule would be during the regular season.

Surprised Nerf can't figure out something similar to the above example.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News