ADVERTISEMENT

I have’nt watched the news since the 2020 election

Man it feels good to not hear about all the crap going on! I changed a lot of stuff, turned back to a simpler time of life

havent watched besides a random channel stop through or some Election Days since the Bush Gore election in 2000. Hanging chads finally did me in. Haven’t looked back.

Makes for a good quality of life. Keep it up!

Man it feels good to not hear about all the crap going on! I changed a lot of stuff, turned back to a simpler time of life
Been the same way for a good while. So-called news has become opinion and agenda - not news. If Tigerillustrated gets into the national and international news business, I'll watch and listen again. integrity is hard to come by.

You haven't missed much. Democrats and Republicans still can't get along. Rednecks don't trust the government to tell them to get vaccinated, but once a government agency fully approves the vaccine they will get vaccinated. Poor people making more money to stay home than to work. I'll add more as they come to me

Also, global warming causing fires in California and rain in Germany

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodWord28
Like you, I've gone cold turkey on "news" channels since last November. I used to watch Fox about 2-3 hours a day and occasionally checked out CNN. I never watch either of those even though I do miss Tucker Carlson's show somewhat. I tune into NewsMax about every 2 days for an hour. That's proved more than enough for me. Nothing's changed a bit. Journalists are all more interested in shaping the news and pushing talking points versus educating the viewer on events in a fair way. America is so divided and I doubt that changes. I hate the radical side of both parties. There was a time that most Americans were proud to be viewed as independent thinkers and took various conservative and liberal positions depending on the subject. Not anymore.

Hardly ever pay attention to the news anymore. Seems more like propaganda and entertainment these days, and I don’t finding very entertaining nor like listening to anyone’s propaganda. I long for the days when news was just a best effort description of what is going on without any spin or opinion. Can’t find it anymore.

Like you, I've gone cold turkey on "news" channels since last November. I used to watch Fox about 2-3 hours a day and occasionally checked out CNN. I never watch either of those even though I do miss Tucker Carlson's show somewhat. I tune into NewsMax about every 2 days for an hour. That's proved more than enough for me. Nothing's changed a bit. Journalists are all more interested in shaping the news and pushing talking points versus educating the viewer on events in a fair way. America is so divided and I doubt that changes. I hate the radical side of both parties. There was a time that most Americans were proud to be viewed as independent thinkers and took various conservative and liberal positions depending on the subject. Not anymore.
Tucker Carlson literally used "I'm playing a character and you shouldn't believe what I say" as a defense against a lawsuit. He is the worst of the worst when it comes to eschewing facts in lieu of riling up his constituents for ratings purposes.

You haven't missed much. Democrats and Republicans can't get along. Rednecks don't trust the government to tell them to get vaccinated, but once a government agency fully approves the vaccine they will get vaccinated, poor people making more money to stay home than to work. I'll add more as it comes to me
Rednecks, huh?

Hardly ever pay attention to the news anymore. Seems more like propaganda and entertainment these days, and I don’t finding very entertaining nor like listening to anyone’s propaganda. I long for the days when news was just a best effort description of what is going on without any spin or opinion. Can’t find it anymore.
The news was always biased and slanted. It wasn't until talk radio and the internet came along and broke up their monopoly that different perspectives and viewpoints were offered!

Reactions: clemmer
Tucker Carlson literally used "I'm playing a character and you shouldn't believe what I say" as a defense against a lawsuit. He is the worst of the worst when it comes to eschewing facts in lieu of riling up his constituents for ratings purposes.
As opposed to those upstanding journalist like Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon. Lmao
Did they reach a million viewers last week? I know they didn’t the week before.

Shut everything off a week or 2 into the pandemic. Was messing with my head too much.

I haven’t watched anything other than first 10 mins of local news in a few years, since we got rid of cable. Best damn thing that happened to me although things like the condo collapsing in Fla didn’t reach me until 4 days after it happened so that kinda sucks.

I desperately try to not watch the news but I fail miserably … I’m stuck in a quagmire of wanting to know what is going on, BUT know that everything that is shown and/or written is propaganda is some way or fashion and is only somewhat true, BUT I want to know what is going on so I can be prepared BUT know I’m being lied too …..

Cable news and social media will be the death of our civilization ….

I desperately try to not watch the news but I fail miserably … I’m stuck in a quagmire of wanting to know what is going on, BUT know that everything that is shown and/or written is propaganda is some way or fashion and is only somewhat true, BUT I want to know what is going on so I can be prepared BUT know I’m being lied too …..

Cable news and social media will be the death of our civilization ….
Sums it up perfect for me.

Reactions: 24TIGER
And if we can get literally everyone to do this the world would be a better place. Nice job OP.

Way to go, Carp. Quit watching network news and ditched almost all of Social Media a couple of years ago.

Feels good man. Plus, you know you "made it" on TI when your thread gets bumped to the Round Table.

The news was always biased and slanted. It wasn't until talk radio and the internet came along and broke up their monopoly that different perspectives and viewpoints were offered!
I’m old enough to remember watching Walter Cronkite. More recently Tim Russard was a favorite. You didn’t even know who they voted for just from listening to them. That is what I call news.

I’m old enough to remember watching Walter Cronkite. More recently Tim Russard was a favorite. You didn’t even know who they voted for just from listening to them. That is what I call news.
Except it came out later that old Walter was really telling you "And that's they (I want you to think)it is, this evening"

Hated learning that. : (

It’s a beautiful thing. I watch WYFF for 30 minutes in the morning and that’s it. Hid it all from Facebook, Twitter, etc.

It’s nice to have people explain to me what I should be angry about in person.

As opposed to those upstanding journalist like Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon. Lmao
Did they reach a million viewers last week? I know they didn’t the week before.
I don't follow Cuomo or Lemon. What does any of that have to do with Tucker Carlson's attorneys arguing in court that he is essentially playing a fictional character on his show and shouldn't be taken at his word?

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
I don't follow Cuomo or Lemon. What does any of that have to do with Tucker Carlson's attorneys arguing in court that he is essentially playing a fictional character on his show and shouldn't be taken at his word?
I know nothing about what is going on with Carlson because I don't watch him either, I was just using them as an opposing view point that most of todays "journalist" suck no matter which network they work for.

Way to go, Carp. Quit watching network news and ditched almost all of Social Media a couple of years ago.

Feels good man. Plus, you know you "made it" on TI when your thread gets bumped to the Round Table.
GT, now if I could just get my man card back! Lol

Reactions: Clem'sSon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT