ADVERTISEMENT

I really shouldn't post this, but

palmettodeuce

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Mar 22, 2019
Pee Dee
A comment about the fumble with 1:53 to go last Saturday.

I think we can agree that the team has suffered from a lot of fumbles and examples of poor decisions this year.
Some have even suggested having guys walk around campus carrying a ball and giving a reward to anyone who could make them drop it. When I saw Mafah run up the middle, my stomach hit the floor.

Then I saw the fumble, I screamed and my wife jumped at me. Then I saw the replay and I screamed again, and she hit in the arm.

I could not believe that after all the fumbles this team has had this season, we had a guy hitting the line with an eight point lead and 1:53 to go with only ONE ARM on the ball !

Now, I hold Phil responsible for that, because he was the RB, but after what has happened this year, I ultimately feel like CJ is the most to blame. There is no way on God's beautiful Earth that he should let the RB go out for that series without EXPLICIT instructions to keep both arms wrapped around the ball. That's called coaching, and this team has lacked it all year.

Sorry for the negativity, I'm sure some more people will block me, but I feel like it needed to be said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News