ADVERTISEMENT

I'm hearing rumors about Perry Noble

did he ever apologize to the baptist for that 10 commandment speech where he said the commandments were just promises and the southern baptist went apeshyt?

thought they told him to fix it or they are out?

did he ever apologize to the baptist for that 10 commandment speech where he said the commandments were just promises and the southern baptist went apeshyt?

thought they told him to fix it or they are out?
You can't really kick a church out of the Baptist convention. You basically have carte blanche as a Baptist to preach whatever you want.

Lol if so

However it's not what it would take for me to get to church as I'll be sleeping in, having family breakfast and then hitting the pool at 10:00. Gotta be home by 3:00 for Euro final though

If you had one of these at home, you wouldn't have to be "home by 3:00" after hitting the pool

1393417526_Geometric-pool-rectangular-outdoor-kitchen-swim-up-bar-seats-TV-Morehead-LA.jpg

Reactions: Esso Porch
You can't really kick a church out of the Baptist convention. You basically have carte blanche as a Baptist to preach whatever you want.

The catholic church has its problems, and rightfully so, but if you disagree with any protestant point of view, you start your own church. In catholic country, there's one church per town. In the south, I learned there's a custom-tailored church for your own neighborhood. Don't like the rules? Just start your own church, complete with its own twitter account, rock band and t-shirt.

With dozens if not hundreds of owners on this board, how do we not know what's going on? Wouldn't the owner of a business know what's happening with its figurehead?

Perry Noble, pastor of a South Carolina megachurch, was rebuked by a Southern Baptist leader in South Carolina for calling the 10 Commandments "10 promises" and for other "problematic positions and statements."

The rebuke came last week from the president of the South Carolina Baptist Convention, Tommy Kelly, who said, "We as South Carolina Baptists must publicly state and remove ourselves from these positions and problematic statements and call for NewSpring to correct these positions if
Perry Noble, pastor of a South Carolina megachurch, was rebuked by a Southern Baptist leader in South Carolina for calling the 10 Commandments "10 promises" and for other "problematic positions and statements."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/m...r-calling-10-commandments-10-promises-132967/

Noble, who leads NewSpring Church, had preached on Christmas Eve a sermon on the 10 Commandments where he said there is no Hebrew word for command. His friend in Israel, which he visited last year, told him that the 10 Commandments can best be translated as either the "10 sayings" of God or the "10 promises" of God.

Noble had originally planned to show a video during the Christmas Eve service but said he felt prompted by God at the last minute to preach the message on the commandments. He said he wrote the message in 10 minutes as he felt it was what God laid on his heart.

Hoping to bring more people to Jesus, Noble asked those at the worship service to view the 10 Commandments not as rules they have to keep in order to be Jesus followers but as promises that they can receive when they accept Christ.

Last edited:
With dozens if not hundreds of owners on this board, how do we not know what's going on? Wouldn't the owner of a business know what's happening with its figurehead?

Yeah, this is where that feeling of ownership breaks down if you are an "owner" of Newspring.

While I am generally supportive of Newspring (even though I do not attend their services and am not an owner myself), the term "owner" has always been disingenuous to me. Perry is very unapologetic in the fact that nothing is voted on by the congregation at Newspring. All decisions are made by Perry and his staff. I know he likes to use he term "owner" as it conveys a sense of responsibility by the membership, but by any other definition that most others would use, it does not apply.

Reactions: OrangeForever
Looks like the rumors were right, alcoholism and marriage issues.

What a POS hypocrite. This is why I wish Dabo would have never been associated with him.

Looks like the rumors were right, alcoholism and marriage issues.

What a POS hypocrite. This is why I wish Dabo would have never been associated with him.

No kidding. This is not a shock. Something was expected all along, unless you're one of his little owner pheasants.

Reactions: Ron Munson
While I am generally supportive of Newspring (even though I do not attend their services and am not an owner myself), the term "owner" has always been disingenuous to me. Perry is very unapologetic in the fact that nothing is voted on by the congregation at Newspring. All decisions are made by Perry and his staff. I know he likes to use he term "owner" as it conveys a sense of responsibility by the membership, but by any other definition that most others would use, it does not apply.

This is a good post

Reactions: Ron Munson
ADVERTISEMENT