ADVERTISEMENT

I'm Sorry for My Rhetoric

I applaud him for doing what he did and in my own way I tried to do the same by staying off the board for a couple of days in order to not add to the rhetoric. If you've paid attention, I usually only get vitriolic when I'm attacked or when a pack descends on me for even the most mundane of posts.

For the record, I'm heartsick about what happened yesterday to trump and the innocent man who lost his life for no reason. I do not approve of political violence in any form, period.

Having said that, I have strongly held beliefs and I will share them because that's what this message board is for, but I will not bend over and take it for the splinter you point out in my eye, when the logs in everyone else's eyes get overlooked. This is not a one-sided issue.
Fitting you are using a quote attributed to Jesus, but you’re the first to criticize and attack Christianity.

Anyways, tried to stay off the board isn’t the same as making a statement apologizing for the rhetoric. I’m not talking about your beliefs - we all have beliefs. I’m talking about hate for the man.

I digress. We all lost as Americans yesterday. We all lost.

Fitting you are using a quote attributed to Jesus, but you’re the first to criticize and attack Christianity.

Anyways, tried to stay off the board isn’t the same as making a statement apologizing for the rhetoric. I’m not talking about your beliefs - we all have beliefs. I’m talking about hate for the man.

Why does he owe you an apology? I don’t get why you guys think you are owed apologies and yet you offer none.

Why does he owe you an apology? I don’t get why you guys think you are owed apologies and yet you offer none.
You and your little posse on here played a part in what happened yesterday. Miniscule as it is, you have some responsibility. No apologies needed; we all know.

I don’t need anything from him or from you and your ilk.

These last 60 days have spoken enough about your kind.

Don’t come here acting like staying off the board so you don’t add to the rhetoric was your apology - his words, not mine. GTFO of here with that lameness.

Don’t act like you yourself haven’t added to the rhetoric on trump. Bet you are really pissed off there wasn’t a different outcome. Must suck for you that you will have to call Trump your president - I’ll be waiting.

This is what makes me crazy. I have never attacked or criticized Christianity on this board and as a matter of fact, I have gone out of my way to not mock people for their religious beliefs, yet somehow you find me guilty. I have never even stated what my beliefs are because it's a personal matter to me and I don't want to influence people one way or another. The only time I engage with that subject at all is when politicians use their religion to make policy for everyone else.

As far as apologizing for rhetoric, there's a lot of blame to go around on this board - how about you start by pressuring the guy who posts 75 conspiracy theories about Democrats every single night? How about stating clearly that the election was not stolen? Have you criticized Trump for mocking Paul Pelosi, who was almost killed by a madman who believed Trump's lies? The above are examples of things that drive the rhetoric from people like me, so if you're guilty of perpetuating the avalanche of misinformation that contributes to the vitriol, start by condemning those things first.

I agree that the rhetoric needs to be toned down but that applies to ALL of us. That doesn't mean I will apologize for my beliefs because those haven't changed. I wish for nothing more that we all be unified and treat each other with respect because we should be on the same team. If you do your part, I'll do mine.

if only we had another word for undivided.

just kidding....thank you for your post
I disagree. Lincoln used the terminology that a house divided cannot stand. It was a great metaphor then and now. Healthy political debate on issues is essential to honing in on how the people want their government to focus and spend their money. Government should not an independent function but an extension of the will of the people. The US Constitution did not set up Big Brother...but the government has seeped into this model over time.

When Americans became so divided that they pick a team regardless of what they actually do but because it's my team, the country loses. The biggest lose is the ability to work in the middle where compromise generally results in something most can accept. Currently, the dogmatic fringes pull people to the extremes of their parties' policies, leaving most Americans who are in the middle without national representation. States and local political parties are currently more workable because they can be aligned to their tribe. The national tribe has to balance deeply conflicting values.

Americans need to do better and not reward the political classes and mainstream media for ramping it up. We should never hate a person over a political issue, but work to advance the best solution. America is divided and we can all do better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT