ADVERTISEMENT

I'm this close to turning into this guy...

You crazy, psycho ignorant shit-tards that are contributing to this nonsense... I'm coming for you first if college football gets canceled this year... after everything else has ****ed me over this year. Point break is nearby...

I've been there before. I went to the DMV in Irmo (by the exit off of I-26 to go Dutch Fork High School) to get an address change. I got up there after waiting in a long line, and the lady told me I need 'such and such' to get that done. So, I was like damn, I guess I'll be back. So I went home, right around the corner, got what she said I needed, then went back. Stood in a long line again. When I got to the counter to get the address change, I gave her the item (proof of address?) that I needed. Then she looked at me and said, "you also need to bring in a copy of 'such and such' (can't remember what it was)." By this time I was in the 'I can't believe this' (the incompetence) mode. Well it was too late to go back that day, so I got off of work a little early, and went back with BOTH things I needed. I stood in a long line again, even with getting off work a little early, but I finally made it to the counter. I presented all that I was told I needed, but to my HORROR the damn lady told me that I needed something else!!!

Well I went off, raising cane, saying, "I've been here three time, and each time I was told to bring something else, so why can't you idiots tell me everything to bring the first time???!!!" The security guy by the door even stood up thinking mayhem was about to happen. Well I just said a few choice words, and got some agreement nods from other frustrated customers, and walked out. I ended up going to another DMV. This was right before the SC legislators, after receiving numerous complaints, supposedly decided to take action and revamp the DMV. I have been back only to the DMV in the city of Lexington, SC, which you did take numbers, but it still is a long tiresome wait.

I honestly think, when this frustrating event happened to me in the early 2000's, that the DMV must hire the stupidest, most illiterate, nasty tempered people that they could find. And they seemed to not give a sh!t as well. Bad, bad attitudes, from people who seemingly hated their jobs, and the customers they were serving. At least I saw more of a joyful worker in Lexington, though the process still sucks.

Reactions: Penn Tiger
I've been there before. I went to the DMV in Irmo (by the exit off of I-26 to go Dutch Fork High School) to get an address change. I got up there after waiting in a long line, and the lady told me I need 'such and such' to get that done. So, I was like damn, I guess I'll be back. So I went home, right around the corner, got what she said I needed, then went back. Stood in a long line again. When I got to the counter to get the address change, I gave her the item (proof of address?) that I needed. Then she looked at me and said, "you also need to bring in a copy of 'such and such' (can't remember what it was)." By this time I was in the 'I can't believe this' (the incompetence) mode. Well it was too late to go back that day, so I got off of work a little early, and went back with BOTH things I needed. I stood in a long line again, even with getting off work a little early, but I finally made it to the counter. I presented all that I was told I needed, but to my HORROR the damn lady told me that I needed something else!!!

Well I went off, raising cane, saying, "I've been here three time, and each time I was told to bring something else, so why can't you idiots tell me everything to bring the first time???!!!" The security guy by the door even stood up thinking mayhem was about to happen. Well I just said a few choice words, and got some agreement nods from other frustrated customers, and walked out. I ended up going to another DMV. This was right before the SC legislators, after receiving numerous complaints, supposedly decided to take action and revamp the DMV. I have been back only to the DMV in the city of Lexington, SC, which you did take numbers, but it still is a long tiresome wait.

I honestly think, when this frustrating event happened to me in the early 2000's, that the DMV must hire the stupidest, most illiterate, nasty tempered people that they could find. And they seemed to not give a sh!t as well. Bad, bad attitudes, from people who seemingly hated their jobs, and the customers they were serving. At least I saw more of a joyful worker in Lexington, though the process still sucks.
There's a really simple solution...

If our president and his cronies would have worn masks and said it was important, we’d have college football this fall

So congratulations buddy
Are masks important really? There’s so many conflicting reports that I’m not sure they are. I’ve been wearing mine in crowded areas btw.

Thats true. I would’ve read the list of items needed before I left my house to go to the DMV the first time.

I actually did read the list. My wife had earlier gone there for the same thing, an address change, as we had moved to Balentine. She also said what they required. I guess they changed that from the previous few days when my wife had gone. I certainly know better than to go there cold turkey.

Unfortunately, most government employees are incompetent. Worst I’ve ever seen is Richland County. Go there and you will realize it real quickly. Incompetent and don’t give a damn. Just drawing the gub’memt Check.

I went to the DMV to get the new license. I knew I needed a picture ID. Guess what, yea, she wouldn’t accept my driver’s license as a picture ID.

Go to Blythewood DMV. It's like a country club when compared to others.

If our president and his cronies would have worn masks and said it was important, we’d have college football this fall

So congratulations buddy

The president left it up to each state to determine how they would respond. If you recall, when he did make decisions at the Federal level he was ridiculed, attacked, accused of being racist when he shut down Asia flights, threatened by lawsuits etc etc. How come no one goes after someone like a Cuomo for sending nursing home residents back to the nursing homes WITH FCKING COVID........I guess the fact that he probably contributed to the very high NYC death rates isn't really an important fact because Trump didn't tell him what to do?

What Trump has very much proven by not mandating an approach is that local state government officials (in many states) can't think their way out of a wet paper bag.

Reactions: edhaynes

So congratulations buddy
We don't have a President. We do have a lot of cronies. No central leadership. None.

The president left it up to each state to determine how they would respond. If you recall, when he did make decisions at the Federal level he was ridiculed, attacked, accused of being racist when he shut down Asia flights, threatened by lawsuits etc etc. How come no one goes after someone like a Cuomo for sending nursing home residents back to the nursing homes WITH FCKING COVID........I guess the fact that he probably contributed to the very high NYC death rates isn't really an important fact because Trump didn't tell him what to do?

What Trump has very much proven by not mandating an approach is that local state government officials (in many states) can't think their way out of a wet paper bag.
Ummm, I think after a few hundred years of having federal, state, and local governments, there is a reasonable understanding of when to handle something at the federal level and when to leave that something to the states/locales. This should have been a federal initiative from the very beginning.

That said, there is no right answer. This is a pick-your-poison situation, and people can't wrap their heads around the fact that they're going to have to drink the best-option poison for as while and deal with it...

Fabric doesn’t stop viruses. Has anyone , ever, thought for them selves?

Critical independent thinking skills is so rare in this country. I wish people could see the gear doctors use to study viruses. Then you have the n95 mask that only works at 95 efficacy (hence the name n95). But people cloth bandana is gonna stop covid LOL. What it really is to help all the low iq individuals of this country they are “safer”. People are so soft nowadays nobody can call it like it is. It’s a new virus introduced that is going to kill people end of story. There’s been countless examples through history of disaster happening you can’t control. We have to learn to live with this new reality the world can’t stop and hide and wait it out. Collapsing the economy to do so will cause significant more widespread disaster.

Ummm, I think after a few hundred years of having federal, state, and local governments, there is a reasonable understanding of when to handle something at the federal level and when to leave that something to the states/locales. This should have been a federal initiative from the very beginning.

That said, there is no right answer. This is a pick-your-poison situation, and people can't wrap their heads around the fact that they're going to have to drink the best-option poison for as while and deal with it...

I don't disagree with you on there actually being a right answer. I don't think any president would have gotten this right as the push and pull between the virus or economic fall out wouldn't be an easy analysis for anyone. I still stand firm on poverty will kill more than the virus if we don't find a way to reopen soon and recover quickly.

That said, Federal mandates take ages to execute. Just look at the stimulus bill, which despite being critical took a substantial amount of time to get through the house and senate. When a Federal mandate has to be funded from DC, it gets held up in voting while each party tries to insert their respective party's "fine print". An unfunded federal mandate becomes a state level funding issue and they have to carve out funding from their own budgets, so you can imagine the nuclear fallout if he went that direction.

Trump bans flights (even despite Fauci telling him we had nothing to worry about) and he's a racist. Cuomo kills thousands of NYC's elderly and he's a hero.......at this rate, I may move to Switzerland.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT