ADVERTISEMENT

Imagine if John Kasich won the Republican primary in 2015.

And Joe Biden doesnt? Or do you shrug off his lies as incompetence?
Joe Biden sucks, I don't make any bones about that. So does Trump. That's the part that bothers me about a lot of folks on here. Trumps tells everyone how he's going to "Clean the Swamp" and he's the biggest swamp monster of all. He lies with every breath but his supporters call him a "straight shooter". He puts himself before America virtually EVERY DAY

This is what frustrates so much. Yes, it is true to say that Donald Trump lied all the time. But it is also true that Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama also lied all the time. Maybe they didn't lie as frequently or perhaps a lied more. It would take a lot of time to calculate the answer to that question.

But what is true is that we all know but they all lied with significant frequency. Probably more than any of us lie in our day-to-day lives. So why does which party a candidate comes from change our tolerance for lies? We either have to disdain for lying or we don't.

We have to return to a place where there's a one-size-fits-all standard for morality. We can't just decide to use it like in someone we like is doing very similar things. We either accept lying from our presidents or we don't. There's no middle ground.

Joe Biden was forced out of his presidential run in 1988 because of his lies and deceptions. Even today he still clings to a lot of those lies and has added a whole lot of new ones to go with that. Everyone knows he lies all the time but it became acceptable to try and get rid of Trump. Pretty remarkable to see how folks will justify almost anything.

Reactions: TheSweatshirt
You can't put enough lipstick on that pig to make both of these things the same. Trump has lied on a scale and frequency that would have been unimaginable until he came along. The scary thing about his lies is that not only are they outrageous but they're so easily belived by his herd. I don't know a single Democrat that would march to the Capitol to protest election fraud without evidence. All lies are bad but we've never seen anything like the dangerous falsehoods Trump has weaponized to radicalize his flock.

So Biden’s lies are better thank Trumps lies. Got it.

You understand how illogical and ludicrous that sounds, correct?

So Biden’s lies are better thank Trumps lies. Got it.

You understand how illogical and ludicrous that sounds, correct?
You know you're not fooling anybody, right? We understand that you need to make them equally as bad so you won't have to feel guilt about your support for the most corrupt President in history.

But to answer your question, an infrequent white lie or occasional exaggeration is not the same thing as multiple daily lies for years with sinister intent. If Biden claimed he won an election that he lost by 7 million votes, I'd call him full of shit and wouldn't support that claim without hard evidence. Trump supporters like you, disengage from critical thinking because the facts wouldn't confirm your beliefs. If you cared about the truth, you'd twist your beliefs to fit the facts.

Instead of admitting that the whole election fraud scheme was bullshit, you try to re-frame it by saying there were "irregularities". As long as you don't rigorously vet the evidence, which would prove that irregularities don't mean fraud happened, you can still feel good about your support for your treasonous orange god.

Not true. Trump did not lie about policy and campaign promises. He either fulfilled or tried hard to fulfill what he campaigned on and that's a fact.
Whatever man... this took 10 seconds of looking... Remember this one about his tax plan:

“This is going to cost me a fortune, this thing, believe me. This is not good for me,” Donald Trump

So he passed a tax break for the wealthly that helps him a BUNCH and it never expires. The middle class tax breaks are set to expire soon. Funny how his plan DIDN'T cost him a fortune. Trump is going to look after Trump... that's one thing you can count on.

Whatever man... this took 10 seconds of looking... Remember this one about his tax plan:

“This is going to cost me a fortune, this thing, believe me. This is not good for me,” Donald Trump

So he passed a tax break for the wealthly that helps him a BUNCH and it never expires. The middle class tax breaks are set to expire soon. Funny how his plan DIDN'T cost him a fortune. Trump is going to look after Trump... that's one thing you can count on.
Your response is lame and has nothing to do with the fact that he shepherded a great tax plan. Come at me with something good instead of this.

Your response is lame and has nothing to do with the fact that he shepherded a great tax plan. Come at me with something good instead of this.
No... the point I was making is that Trump lies all the time. You responded with your usual bullshit defense of Trump, this time talking about how he didn't lie about policy. I showed you a perfect example of where he DID lie about policy and used that lie to line his own pockets. He does it all the time.

I don't disagree with a LOT of Trump's policies as I've pointed out many, many times on here. I don't like Trump b/c he's a bad man who ALWAYS looks out for number 1. Always.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Our country would be so different. He would’ve smoked Hillary. We would have a sane Republican Party and the democrats would’ve been forced into competency or relegated to irrelevance. Either way, this country would be better off.
I don't fully agree. Americans are in the age of hardball politics that bring lots of money and the spoils of the win to the victor. You and I are probably voting in the hopes of a better America, but the political class (and I mean the party) is looking to get wealthy.

Hillary Clinton would never accept defeat by any Republican. She's a narcissist.

John Kaisch would not have won a national election.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
I don't fully agree. Americans are in the age of hardball politics that bring lots of money and the spoils of the win to the victor. You and I are probably voting in the hopes of a better America, but the political class (and I mean the party) is looking to get wealthy.

Hillary Clinton would never accept defeat by any Republican. She's a narcissist.

John Kaisch would not have won a national election.
Yes, Hillary would. You can tell b/c she did accept that Trump won the election and conceded (just like EVERY other Presidential candidate that lost in the history of our country EXCEPT Trump). I don't much care for Hillary, but she put country before her own personal narcissism. Trump did not. That's the main problem I have with him. He puts himself above anything else, including America.

Don't know about nationally, but I would have voted Kaisch over Bidan just FYI.

yeah i def would've voted for kasich over biden. wouldn't think twice about it

You mean like driving an 18 wheeler for a living or his wife (almost)dying in a fire?
No... the above are lies for a reason... IE you are trying to make yourself seem like an everyday normal guy for the 18 wheeler. The wife thing was to get sympathy....

I'm talking about stuff like this: The day after his inauguration, he told everyone that it didn't rain during his speech until he went inside, then it poured. You can actually see it raining during the speech.

And my personal favorite... Trump claims to have been Michigan's Man of the Year. He has never lived in Michigan and never got any such award, but he repeated that a BUNCH. I guess technically that's a lie to make himself look better, but at the same time... wow, what a silly unnecessary lie.

No... the above are lies for a reason... IE you are trying to make yourself seem like an everyday normal guy for the 18 wheeler. The wife thing was to get sympathy....

I'm talking about stuff like this: The day after his inauguration, he told everyone that it didn't rain during his speech until he went inside, then it poured. You can actually see it raining during the speech.

And my personal favorite... Trump claims to have been Michigan's Man of the Year. He has never lived in Michigan and never got any such award, but he repeated that a BUNCH. I guess technically that's a lie to make himself look better, but at the same time... wow, what a silly unnecessary lie.
He’s a compulsive liar. My favorite is the fake Time Magazine covers in all his golf clubs. How insecure do you have to be to do something like that? Or lying about his net worth. He’s a sick man.

I find it curious Nikki Haley has been so quiet. I really thought she was poised for a run. She has connections with the Trump crowd,but she left before she could be tied to tightly with him. She has legit bonafides as a moderate from a Southern State who has a strong Civil Rights record.
Her ties to Trump make her basically an 'extreme right' candidate in many eyes. Regardless of the truth.
I don't know man, she's still a bit too Trumpy for my blood, haha

"Case in point: Nikki Haley, the former governor of South Carolina and ambassador to the United Nations under Trump. She has now offered an absolute howler, essentially casting Trump as a victim of the aftermath of the insurrection, arguing: “Give the man a break!”

This is generating a lot of well-deserved mockery. But it also illustrates the strange hold Trump continues to exercise over the GOP. And it highlights what looks like a bizarre retreat from holding Trump accountable, even just rhetorically, that’s underway among many Republicans, including establishment-oriented ones.
Haley, arguing against the impeachment of Trump on Fox News, did allow that Jan. 6 was a “tough day” and that Trump’s actions since the election were “not his finest.”

That’s incredibly mild to begin with. But Haley continued: “Does he deserve to be impeached? Absolutely not.”

“I don’t even think there’s a basis for impeachment,” Haley said, adding: “They beat him up before he got into office. They’re beating him up after he leaves office. At some point, I mean, give the man a break!"

Give the man a break! Ever since he launched his unprecedented effort to corrupt and steal a presidential election, which included co-opting large swaths of the government toward nefarious ends, trying to invalidate millions of Americans’ votes based on fictions, pressuring state officials to overturn certified results, and inciting a violent assault on the seat of government that may have almost led to outright assassinations, Trump has been through absolute hell!"

My understanding of Nikki is that she knows how to 'read a room'. She knows what people want to hear,

She is right about the first impeachment being started before Trump even took office. That fact alone makes me question the validity of it. It was obvious they were going to 'get him' for something. Right or wrong.

Beyond that I'm not interested in arguing.

Niki is a swamp monster. Quit Boeing when the going got tough. Supported BLM. Is anti-Trump. Seems to be pro-war.

She ruined her political career and clout when she denounced Trump.

Haley's problem is that she was UN Ambassador under Trump. Some suspect this was done to allow McMaster to become governor of SC, but in any case....

Haley may have read the winds wrong on this one.

Our country would be so different. He would’ve smoked Hillary. We would have a sane Republican Party and the democrats would’ve been forced into competency or relegated to irrelevance. Either way, this country would be better off.
No self respecting South Carolinian can vote for someone from Ohio. We just can't.

Reactions: OleFastball
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT