ADVERTISEMENT

Imagine if John Kasich won the Republican primary in 2015.

Our country would be so different. He would’ve smoked Hillary. We would have a sane Republican Party and the democrats would’ve been forced into competency or relegated to irrelevance. Either way, this country would be better off.

There is no doubt that Kasich would have ushered in a much more reasonable and sane time. Unfortunately, the republicans went all in on Trump. He is the gift that keeps on giving.

And I will just save @TigerGrowls the time and respond for him:

"Kasich is a deep state tool!"

I think one of the biggest mistakes in American politics was the republican party nominating Trump over choices such as Kasich.

The irony is that Kaisch is a true,long-term, lifelong Republican and yet will be called RINO and deep state by @TigerGrowls When Trump is the true RINO.

Our country would be so different. He would’ve smoked Hillary. We would have a sane Republican Party and the democrats would’ve been forced into competency or relegated to irrelevance. Either way, this country would be better off.
He's not obnoxious enough for the average Republican, who wants their candidate to "own the libs" above all else. Decency and policy take a backseat to a nasty demeanor.

No it wouldnt be much different. Dems say the same shit about pubs every election. Also ever election the next pub up is worst than the one before. Even now they go from saying Trump was the worst to now saying DeSantis is even worst than Trump. The one after that will be worst than both Trump and DeSantis. The biggest difference before/after Trump is pubs no longer going to sit back and do nothing when dems come at them and call them out and even fight if attacked. That never really happen before. Its was Obama using the IRS to target conservatives and pubs not fighting back that brought us Trump, a NY liberal democrat as a pub prez...

I think one of the biggest mistakes in American politics was the republican party nominating Trump over choices such as Kasich.

The irony is that Kaisch is a true,long-term, lifelong Republican and yet will be called RINO and deep state by @TigerGrowls When Trump is the true RINO.
Trump supported more democratic policies than any previous republican. But he told the truth so democrats didnt like him.

A better thing to imagine is if the Democrats didn't cheat and put Hillary Clinton on the ticket in 2016. Possibly the most dis-liked candidate of all time.

He's not obnoxious enough for the average Republican, who wants their candidate to "own the libs" above all else. Decency and policy take a backseat to a nasty demeanor.
I disagree with that. I think the average Republican would today prefer Kasich to Trump, now that they have seen how toxic he is. What the issue is to me is that the racist, nationalist rhetoric is the message that inspired many on the fringe to register and vote.

I think one of the biggest mistakes in American politics was the democrat party nominating Biden over choices such as Tulsi.

The irony is that Tulsi is a true,long-term, lifelong Democrat and yet will be called DINO and deep state by @yoshi121374 and @dpic73 . When Biden is the true DINO. Because establishment POS are the true rino's and dino's...

No it wouldnt be much different. Dems say the same shit about pubs every election. Also ever election the next pub up is worst than the one before. Even now they go from saying Trump was the worst to now saying DeSantis is even worst than Trump. The one after that will be worst than both Trump and DeSantis. The biggest difference before/after Trump is pubs no longer going to sit back and do nothing when dems come at them and call them out and even fight if attacked. That never really happen before. Its was Obama using the IRS to target conservatives and pubs not fighting back that brought us Trump, a NY liberal democrat as a pub prez...
Completely disagree. I have been split almost 50/50 in my voting history and thought Romney and McCain were excellent candidates. Even the most hardcore liberals I know had respect for those two.

I think one of the biggest mistakes in American politics was the democrat party nominating Biden over choices such as Tulsi.

The irony is that Tulsi is a true,long-term, lifelong Democrat and yet will be called DINO and deep state by @yoshi121374 and @dpic73 . When Biden is the true DINO. Because establishment POS are the true rino's and dino's...
Totally understand how that message resonates. I would love to never have to see Nancy Pelosi, Diane Feinstein, Chuck Schumer ever again. They have too much power and continue to bury the Democrats. It's a race to the bottom, with neither party having to compete given the other's incompetence.

Completely disagree. I have been split almost 50/50 in my voting history and thought Romney and McCain were excellent candidates. Even the most hardcore liberals I know had respect for those two.
They didnt respect then when they ran. Only when they voted with the dems...Guess they always loved and respected the Cheneys also right?

I disagree with that. I think the average Republican would today prefer Kasich to Trump, now that they have seen how toxic he is. What the issue is to me is that the racist, nationalist rhetoric is the message that inspired many on the fringe to register and vote.

How can you say that with the most recent polls of the republican party overwhelmingly supporting Donald Trump?

Reactions: TigerGrowls
You really think so? He's at the very bottom of the straw poll.

CPAC-strawpollDallas.png

They didnt respect then when they ran. Only when they voted with the dems...Guess they always loved and respected the Cheneys also right?
No, they ran against an exceptional candidate in Barack Obama. It was easy for liberals to stay loyal when he was running. Hillary, Biden, Kerry... all were very flawed candidates. Not sure what point you are trying to make with the Cheney comment, but sounds like more team sports.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Totally understand how that message resonates. I would love to never have to see Nancy Pelosi, Diane Feinstein, Chuck Schumer ever again. They have too much power and continue to bury the Democrats. It's a race to the bottom, with neither party having to compete given the other's incompetence.
Add several pubs to that list. If both sides will be honest there are lots of dems and pubs both sides would like to see gone from their own party....

Wrong. There is a difference between agreeing with their positions,and respecting that they had well formulated, and honest positions.

I always respected McCain, I always thought Romney was a quality human being who I respected, especially after seeing him on a documentary post election.

I respect anyone who is smart, well-prepared, who has integrity. All of those are things Donald Trump lacks.

As far as Hilary, I never liked her as a candidate, since I worried that she was far too polarizing. That said, she is smart,well-educated, and absolutely wiped the floor with Trump in the debates. She understood policy and could speak intelligently on issues. He appealed to the people who just flat hated her, and that wanted change.

I hate the new generation of Republican candidates who literally cannot discuss policies(See Walker,Herschel). I will absolutely vote for a Republican if they are the best candidate. I want smart, common sense leadership with a willingness to compromise to get stuff done.

No, they ran against an exceptional candidate in Barack Obama. It was easy for liberals to stay loyal when he was running. Hillary, Biden, Kerry... all were very flawed candidates. Not sure what point you are trying to make with the Cheney comment, but sounds like more team sports.
missing the point. They were vicious against both with their attacks and didnt have to be. They also loved Trump until he won the nomination. Go watch him on the View with those cows before. They loved him. Joey was all over him. If you dont see how fake this shit is im sorry...

missing the point. They were vicious against both with their attacks and didnt have to be.

I do agree with this. I wish we could tone down the political rhetoric and the flat out misrepresentation of statements. I am so tired of having to research every single thing to see if a candidate actually said what it is being reported that they said. Many times, what they said is being misrepresented to make them look bad.

Trump was ridiculed by the media, and this happened to him. That said, he also had a propensity to say just ridiculous things and was outright antagonistic towards the media which earned him zero leeway with them. You call them "Fake News" all the time and disrespect them and you aren't gonna get sympathy.

I don't know how you fix this though. You have people like @TigerGrowls eating up the garbage that the Gateway Pundit puts out and sharing it ad nauseum. It's making the Gateway Pundit money to write that shit.

How can you say that with the most recent polls of the republican party overwhelmingly supporting Donald Trump?

You really think so? He's at the very bottom of the straw poll.

CPAC-strawpollDallas.png
Because people are stupid and have short memories. Most know it's either Trump or DeSantis, and are realistic over who the most powerful one is. Perhaps its too anecdotal, but everyone I know on the right has to hold their nose to vote for trump.

Add several pubs to that list. If both sides will be honest there are lots of dems and pubs both sides would like to see gone from their own party....
Absolutely. As toxic as this board is at times, I truly believe we all want the same things. The parties (and media) know that it is in their best interest to divide us.

Because people are stupid and have short memories. Most know it's either Trump or DeSantis, and are realistic over who the most powerful one is. Perhaps its too anecdotal, but everyone I know on the right has to hold their nose to vote for trump.

I find it curious Nikki Haley has been so quiet. I really thought she was poised for a run. She has connections with the Trump crowd,but she left before she could be tied to tightly with him. She has legit bonafides as a moderate from a Southern State who has a strong Civil Rights record.

Reactions: TheSweatshirt
I also know conservatives that will hold their nose to vote for Trump but I also don't hear them beating the drums for a sane, middle right candidate like Kasich either. I wish you were right, I really do, but I just don't see it. Just look at the top 6 in that straw poll (sans Haley) and tell me they want someone other than an obnoxious partisan.

missing the point. They were vicious against both with their attacks and didnt have to be. They also loved Trump until he won the nomination. Go watch him on the View with those cows before. They loved him. Joey was all over him. If you dont see how fake this shit is im sorry...
They loved him because he gave dems money. John McCain wanted to solve that problem. It cost him the primary in 1999. I also think McCain instead of Bush in 2000 would've had a huge positive impact on this country but Bush was more accommodating to big money donors.

I find it curious Nikki Haley has been so quiet. I really thought she was poised for a run. She has connections with the Trump crowd,but she left before she could be tied to tightly with him. She has legit bonafides as a moderate from a Southern State who has a strong Civil Rights record.
I think she is laying low. She could be a VP under Trump or DeSantis...

I think she is laying low. She could be a VP under Trump or DeSantis...

I truly can't imagine a world where Trump is reelected. I'm very curious to see how Desantis handles the big stage. He has a history of saying some pretty dumb shit that might not fly with the magnifying glass on him.

I have a hard time seeing Haley tying herself with one of those guys. She's been really smart up to now.

I truly can't imagine a world where Trump is reelected. I'm very curious to see how Desantis handles the big stage. He has a history of saying some pretty dumb shit that might not fly with the magnifying glass on him.

I have a hard time seeing Haley tying herself with one of those guys. She's been really smart up to now.
Unfortunately this is her window. No one ever would've expected Mike Pence to tie himself to Trump, but never underestimate the ambitions of a career politician.

They loved him because he gave dems money. John McCain wanted to solve that problem. It cost him the primary in 1999. I also think McCain instead of Bush in 2000 would've had a huge positive impact on this country but Bush was more accommodating to big money donors.
I didnt know/understand at the time the players or the game like I do now. I didnt know about the establishment ruling class. I didnt know that Bush, Clinton, Gore, McCain and many more were part of that group. So like the good little sheep I supported them. Both sides ,really the establishment, lied to us about WMD's and got us into a war so they could get even richer at the expense of us common people. The sheep dems and pubs that follow them. Times are changing and they are being exposed for the masses to see. Just have to open your eyes and ears and pay attention. I will still argue dem vs pub with some people but the goal isnt to win them to the pub side, its to try and wake them up. Best new example is AOC. She was legit when she got there. She called them all out many times. Then they got to her and she stopped doing it. She now plays the part of partisan and reads her script. She has sold out progressives for the establishment...

I don't know man, she's still a bit too Trumpy for my blood, haha

"Case in point: Nikki Haley, the former governor of South Carolina and ambassador to the United Nations under Trump. She has now offered an absolute howler, essentially casting Trump as a victim of the aftermath of the insurrection, arguing: “Give the man a break!”

This is generating a lot of well-deserved mockery. But it also illustrates the strange hold Trump continues to exercise over the GOP. And it highlights what looks like a bizarre retreat from holding Trump accountable, even just rhetorically, that’s underway among many Republicans, including establishment-oriented ones.
Haley, arguing against the impeachment of Trump on Fox News, did allow that Jan. 6 was a “tough day” and that Trump’s actions since the election were “not his finest.”

That’s incredibly mild to begin with. But Haley continued: “Does he deserve to be impeached? Absolutely not.”

“I don’t even think there’s a basis for impeachment,” Haley said, adding: “They beat him up before he got into office. They’re beating him up after he leaves office. At some point, I mean, give the man a break!"

Give the man a break! Ever since he launched his unprecedented effort to corrupt and steal a presidential election, which included co-opting large swaths of the government toward nefarious ends, trying to invalidate millions of Americans’ votes based on fictions, pressuring state officials to overturn certified results, and inciting a violent assault on the seat of government that may have almost led to outright assassinations, Trump has been through absolute hell!"

Niki is a swamp monster. Quit Boeing when the going got tough. Supported BLM. Is anti-Trump. Seems to be pro-war.

She ruined her political career and clout when she denounced Trump.

I do agree with this. I wish we could tone down the political rhetoric and the flat out misrepresentation of statements. I am so tired of having to research every single thing to see if a candidate actually said what it is being reported that they said. Many times, what they said is being misrepresented to make them look bad.

Trump was ridiculed by the media, and this happened to him. That said, he also had a propensity to say just ridiculous things and was outright antagonistic towards the media which earned him zero leeway with them. You call them "Fake News" all the time and disrespect them and you aren't gonna get sympathy.

I don't know how you fix this though. You have people like @TigerGrowls eating up the garbage that the Gateway Pundit puts out and sharing it ad nauseum. It's making the Gateway Pundit money to write that shit.
Yoshi great post for the most part. That is what created Trump. The way the left went after those two was bad. The conservatives said enough of not fighting fire with fire and we adopted a lib from NY. We wanted and needed a fighter after the IRS crap also. When you dont fight back you get destroyed. We can debate/argue the things we dont agree on without violence and work well together on things we agree with. We dont have to be on one side or another on every issue. It used to not be that way. Identity politics is pure evil and is designed by the establishment to keep the common class divided and fighting each other...

Niki is a swamp monster. Quit Boeing when the going got tough. Supported BLM. Is anti-Trump. Seems to be pro-war.

She ruined her political career and clout when she denounced Trump.

Unlike a lot of republicans, at least she has a backbone.

Kasich would have been awful if you want a better country. He was a milk toast leader with little to no good ideas that would have made our country better. I found him so profoundly disappointing. The media will make sure there's no such thing as a middle ground sensible Republican. They just won't allow it!

Kasich would have been awful if you want a better country. He was a milk toast leader with little to no good ideas that would have made our country better. I found him so profoundly disappointing. The media will make sure there's no such thing as a middle ground sensible Republican. They just won't allow it!
Or sensible democrat like Tulsi or Bernie before he sold out.

Tulsi is a snake in the grass. Don’t be fooled
I dont agree with many of her policy's but she's not playing woke card on us because we dont agree. She is willing to sit down and have a civil conversation unlike 90% of the dems in DC. Its ok to agree to disagree also and she gets that. She was also the hottest Dem in DC when she was there :cool: ...

Reactions: OleFastball
I'd a bought the mfer a hairbrush.

I dont agree with many of her policy's but she's not playing woke card on us because we dont agree. She is willing to sit down and have a civil conversation unlike 90% of the dems in DC. Its ok to agree to disagree also and she gets that. She was also the hottest Dem in DC when she was there :cool: ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT