ADVERTISEMENT

Iran seizes oil tanker

LaniKaiTiger

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
May 22, 2021

Interesting detail that the operator was previously ordered under US sanctions to surrender its cargo of Iranian crude. Seems Iran considers it payback.

I don't think we have a clue about what we're doing in the Middle East. Sooner or later US soldiers are going to start dying there again, and it's not going to end with sanctions and drone strikes.

Weakness invites war into the house.

War between China and the Middle East is one missile away or in the case of showing strength lack of a flock of well [laced missiles showing resolve.

Weakness invites war into the house.

Agree. We should have wiped out the Houthis for their attacks. We should have responded 10 fold to any attacks on US bases by Iranian sponsored organizations. We get hit with a grenade, you lose an air base.

It should be considered absolute suicide to attack a US base, a US flagged merchant ship, a NATO flagged merchant ship or any ship flagged by a country that we deem an ally.

Agree. We should have wiped out the Houthis for their attacks. We should have responded 10 fold to any attacks on US bases by Iranian sponsored organizations. We get hit with a grenade, you lose an air base.

It should be considered absolute suicide to attack a US base, a US flagged merchant ship, a NATO flagged merchant ship or any ship flagged by a country that we deem an ally.
We'll see what happens tonight. The US will launch some missiles and airstrikes. Iran/Houthis will shoot missiles back.

There's absolutely no doubt that a price has to be paid. I'm skeptical that it's going to change much long term. Iran is a huge country with the ability to manufacture weapons domestically. They don't need to take DC to "win." They just need to make the cost of us staying over there more than is worth bearing.

When you say "you lose an air base," there's not much in Iran, or Yemen for that matter, to hit with the desired effect. They've got mobile launchers scattered all over the place, manufacturing facilities built into mountains. We'll hit easy targets, pat ourselves on the back, and exactly zero will change strategically.

Interesting detail that the operator was previously ordered under US sanctions to surrender its cargo of Iranian crude. Seems Iran considers it payback.

I don't think we have a clue about what we're doing in the Middle East. Sooner or later US soldiers are going to start dying there again, and it's not going to end with sanctions and drone strikes.
US hostages already have, that is next. Horrible

I hate to say it, but Trump is 100% right. We do not belong in the middle east. We have enough oil for now if we do not export, and the middle east is the BEST argument for renewables there is.

They have been merrily killing each other there since the dawn of human history in the name of religion. We can not solve their problems. Only the folks over there can.

Get out, stay out.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
I hate to say it, but Trump is 100% right. We do not belong in the middle east. We have enough oil for now if we do not export, and the middle east is the BEST argument for renewables there is.

They have been merrily killing each other there since the dawn of human history in the name of religion. We can not solve their problems. Only the folks over there can.

Get out, stay out.
The amount of money, credibility, and good men and women we’ve lost over there is astounding. All of it for essentially nothing but greed and misplaced fear.

The US foreign policy establishment lives in a fantasy land as it concerns the Middle East.

Last edited:
Reactions: hopefultiger13

This happens all the time. First, it's not the "Iranian Navy." Its the IRGN: This Revolutionary Guard. They are the crazies. The board the vessel, take it to port, and extort money from the shipping company to release the ship. These aren't US flagged ships so not much we, the US, can do about it.

Happened on my watch in 2015 and initial reports was the ship fired on was US flagged. We were ready to sink a lot of Iranians until we learned the tanker was not US flagged.

Reactions: Clemson Goat

If planet Earth has an asshole, it's located in Yemen. I hope you understand the Houthi's aren't just a group? It's a population. Yemen is essentially divided into to areas now: Shia in the NW and Sunni everywhere else. The Houthi's are the same group that our Congress forbade our military assistance to Saudi to wage war on. The Saudi knew Iran having influence on both the SOH and BAM was bad for the world. But Congress wanted to cry about the Saud's killing a "US" reporter and cut off all aid.

The Houthis are 100% being funded and supplied by the Iranians. The Houthi don't give a damn about the US. They are simply doing the

Attacks on US bases in Iraq are done by Iranian backed Shia Militias: the PMF. As much as it'd be nice to wipe them out, Shia are the predominate sect in Iraq. The PM is a Shia. He gets a lot of pressure to kick the US out of Iraq by these groups which are Iranian proxies. If we go postal on them, it only gives strength to their argument to kick us out. Then we cede influence in Iraq to Iran.

See now why killing Soleimani was such a big deal? He was the bastard funding and organizing all the attacks.

Looks like Yemen got the shock and awe treatment. They claim they are going to retaliate..........

Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars

Shock and awe 🤣😂 more like fireworks
so...shock and awe is an Iraq war reference. You ready to do Iraq war 2.0? Listen one thing Im used to seeing is war hawks getting past their skis and then reminding them of what they failed at a couple years ago.

The response is warranted, and its level of impact is probably above that what is needed. If the Yemen people want to **** around and find out past that, well.... good luck.

so...shock and awe is an Iraq war reference. You ready to do Iraq war 2.0? Listen one thing Im used to seeing is war hawks getting past their skis and then reminding them of what they failed at a couple years ago.

The response is warranted, and its level of impact is probably above that what is needed. If the Yemen people want to **** around and find out past that, well.... good luck.

I watched the Iraq war shock and awe = unloading on their a$$

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT