ADVERTISEMENT

The US Continues To Export Record Levels of Oil Reserves Despite Record High Gas Prices

I never said that. I’m not the biggest trump fan. I do however know we wouldn’t be in this mess if he were still in office. That’s for sure.
I'll take things that are easy to say without proof for $1000 Alex.

They could also have been worse. Remember he had no vaccine distribution plan and he didn't promote the vaccine either. There could have been many more deaths and a much slower recovery.

Hmmmmm Do we really think oil we keep in our US Strategic Reserve, can't be refined and used here in the US?

Asking for a friend.
don't think anyone said that the crude that's stored in the SPR can't be refined/used in the states. however, our refineries are currently running at capacity so any excess that is released from the SPR that can't be refined is then sold to other countries.

Reactions: IMBlessed
Yikes. You rubes are so easily swayed by Tucker Carlson, it is hilarious to watch. (pipeline! we were energy independent under trump!)

1. Biden is not "selling" oil to anyone. The White House is not an oil commodities trading house. He is releasing it to American companies and they are determining what to do with it.

2. Not all crude oil is the same. Some can be refined for US vehicle consumption, some can't.

3. The US does not always have the capacity to refine all of the oil that we need. We do not have the technology to refine all of the oil that we use.

4. Oil is a GLOBAL commodity. The price here affects the price elsewhere and vice versa.

5. These companies sold oil to china, they did not give it to them.

6. China is not our enemy. They are our rival. Keep in mind that all those MAGA hats and Lets go Brandon t-shirts that you buy were likely manufactured in china.

7. I guess you could argue that Biden could step in and start telling these companies how to run their businesses. But then you would be getting awfully close to that other dipshit buzzword you throw around all of the time... communism!
You my friend articulated this 100% correctly! Now wait for it… idiots that don’t understand commerce, trades, & free markets will insult & become argumentative with you! This goes beyond Tucker’s intelligence!

don't think anyone said that the crude that's stored in the SPR can't be refined/used in the states. however, our refineries are currently running at capacity so any excess that is released from the SPR that can't be refined is then sold to other countries.
So why even release it then Mr self appointed expert? This is major F**K UP by China Joe no matter what.

I'll take things that are easy to say without proof for $1000 Alex.

They could also have been worse. Remember he had no vaccine distribution plan and he didn't promote the vaccine either. There could have been many more deaths and a much slower recovery.
Seriously? Find new material.

Sigh

Reactions: PawsFan_
You my friend articulated this 100% correctly! Now wait for it… idiots that don’t understand commerce, trades, & free markets will insult & become argumentative with you! This goes beyond Tucker’s intelligence!
Laughing at you know who’s second TI account.

so your thoughts on trump doing the exact same thing?
You have relegated yourself to saying "well he F**Kd up too". Trump had a very limited plan of release and it worked too whereas Bidens desperate attempt did not work and is even worse since the oil left the nation. No comparison here. Gas was a lot cheaper back then and we had a potus that worked to keep it that way. Additionally Biden is causing these problems and not fixing them. Trump made the US the worlds leading energy producer and a net exporter of energy. NO CONTEST!!

Following the news of a drone attack on a Saudi oilfield, which sparked concern about global supply security, President Trump said he had authorized a release from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

“Based on the attack on Saudi Arabia, which may have an impact on oil prices, I have authorized the release of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, if needed, in a to-be-determined amount sufficient to keep the markets well-supplied,” the U.S. President said in a tweet late on Sunday. “I have also informed all appropriate agencies to expedite approvals of the oil pipelines currently in the permitting process in Texas and various other States.”

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
You have relegated yourself to saying "well he F**Kd up too". Trump had a very limited plan of release and it worked too whereas Bidens desperate attempt did not work and is even worse since the oil left the nation. No comparison here. Gas was a lot cheaper back then and we had a potus that worked to keep it that way. Additionally Biden is causing these problems and not fixing them. Trump made the US the worlds leading energy producer and a net exporter of energy. NO CONTEST!!

Following the news of a drone attack on a Saudi oilfield, which sparked concern about global supply security, President Trump said he had authorized a release from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

“Based on the attack on Saudi Arabia, which may have an impact on oil prices, I have authorized the release of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, if needed, in a to-be-determined amount sufficient to keep the markets well-supplied,” the U.S. President said in a tweet late on Sunday. “I have also informed all appropriate agencies to expedite approvals of the oil pipelines currently in the permitting process in Texas and various other States.”

literally nothing you wrote here is real. Nothing based in reality. Carry on.

Nope. Someone did say that.

So why even release it then Mr self appointed expert? This is major F**K UP by China Joe no matter what.
to sell overseas so that we can help ease the burden of other countries while also making market value for the crude? i don't know why they released 5m barrels more than what our refineries can handle over the course of 6-8 weeks, but i'm sure there was a reason. also, i don't know if the barrels released were sour or sweet crude, but biden (and other presidents) typically release sour crude since american refineries don't typically like to receive (it's more expensive to refine), and those get sold to countries that are allowed to do business with us.

to sell overseas so that we can help ease the burden of other countries while also making market value for the crude? i don't know why they released 5m barrels more than what our refineries can handle over the course of 6-8 weeks, but i'm sure there was a reason. also, i don't know if the barrels released were sour or sweet crude, but biden (and other presidents) typically release sour crude since american refineries don't typically like to receive (it's more expensive to refine), and those get sold to countries that are allowed to do business with us.
Maybe it was to fund more aid to Ukraine? Another $1.7B to be exact.......

am i supposed to be upset about $1.7b going to a good cause when our defense spending increases by >$10billion every year?
Yes, you should be upset. Especially when the Ukraine can't actually win the war and it's more likely both the money and the weapons end up in Russian hands before it's all said and done. If we aren't willing to send ground help, then sending another $1.7b is just a waste of money/resources/weapons.

It's also looking more likely that we will eventually have to fight our own war at some point down the road so you're probably picking the wrong time to worry about defense spending. There's a reason the US hasn't been invaded or attacked although with the new woke agenda in our ranks, probably not far off.

Yes, you should be upset. Especially when the Ukraine can't actually win the war and it's more likely both the money and the weapons end up in Russian hands before it's all said and done. If we aren't willing to send ground help, then sending another $1.7b is just a waste of money/resources/weapons.

It's also looking more likely that we will eventually have to fight our own war at some point down the road so you're probably picking the wrong time to worry about defense spending. There's a reason the US hasn't been invaded or attacked although with the new woke agenda in our ranks, probably not far off.
you've really gone on a weird right wing spiral the last year or so. it's been a pretty crazy evolution to witness. you used to be a pretty reasonable guy, like @scotchtiger was and still is, but man you've gone complete loon lately

Answer - Biden admin is inept and in the tank for communist china.

Any more questions?

you've really gone on a weird right wing spiral the last year or so. it's been a pretty crazy evolution to witness. you used to be a pretty reasonable guy, like @scotchtiger was and still is, but man you've gone complete loon lately
A right wing spiral? Jeesh .......awfully dramatic.

Answer - Biden admin is inept and in the tank for communist china.

Any more questions?
your ignorance on this subject isn't surprising.

The SPR cannot dictate whether or not companies export the oil they receive from the SPR. Per US law the government must award oil purchases to the highest bidder, unless that entity is a sanctioned company/country. many of the winners of the SPR release contracts were the american trading arms of foreign companies (Equinor (Norway), Shell (Netherlands/United Kingdom), Atlantic Trading (France), Mercuria (Cyprus), Motiva (Saudi Arabia) and Unipec (China.) it doesn't matter where the oil goes as long as there's a larger supply on the market it will drive the price down (the ultimate goal of releasing from the SPR.)

if your issue is that the SPR is allowed to export its oil reserves, then i suggest you take it up with Senators Murkowski, Manchin, and Corker as they sponsored the 2015 bill that repealed the 40 year law which banned exporting SPR releases.

your ignorance on this subject isn't surprising.

The SPR cannot dictate whether or not companies export the oil they receive from the SPR. Per US law the government must award oil purchases to the highest bidder, unless that entity is a sanctioned company/country. many of the winners of the SPR release contracts were the american trading arms of foreign companies (Equinor (Norway), Shell (Netherlands/United Kingdom), Atlantic Trading (France), Mercuria (Cyprus), Motiva (Saudi Arabia) and Unipec (China.) it doesn't matter where the oil goes as long as there's a larger supply on the market it will drive the price down (the ultimate goal of releasing from the SPR.)

if your issue is that the SPR is allowed to export its oil reserves, then i suggest you take it up with Senators Murkowski, Manchin, and Corker as they sponsored the 2015 bill that repealed the 40 year law which banned exporting SPR releases.
The buck stops here. No plan from the top.
iu

if you're mad about the 900k barrels that Sinopec purchased 2 months ago, you must be seething about the 4m barrels that were sold last year to them

President Donald Trump has boasted in several recent television appearances about his performance on a screening test intended to assess mild cognitive impairment or early dementia.

It’s unclear if Trump, 74, has taken the test again, but in 2018 he was given the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA) under Dr. Ronny Jackson, the former White House physician, and at the time had scored a perfect 30 out of 30.

The MoCA test was created by Canadian neurologist Dr. Ziad Nasreddine. The test is 30 questions and designed to take 10 minutes.

Questions include drawing a clock, copying a picture of a cube and identifying pictures of animals.

EckR-EYXoAASQcX.jpg
@dpic73

Lol.

The biggest purveyor of misinformation on the whole board

Reactions: TigerGrowls
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT