ADVERTISEMENT

It took 20 mins after the loss and Dawn was already playing the Race card and victim role. What a piece of shit

Too funny considering posters on this board went out of their way to call the young ladies "Bigfoot". She's correct my head in the sand friend that people have dragged her players through the race muck.
Well they all do look like Sasquatch and predators from outer space.

There is absolutely nothing racist about Tucker Carlson. You just don’t like the truth so you throw the race card out.
White nationalists are going to defend their kkk TV puppet so no surprise. Thanks for proving who are the real racists. No wonder some kids will not attend Clemson just because of some in the fan base.

Reactions: dpic73 and flotiger
Not saying she’s in the right, but…if someone from the national media was overheard saying Clemson football played like a bunch of dirty thugs, how would you expect Dabo to react?

Evidence suggests he’d call them out by name…

Not saying this is the same thing…but it is probably a lot more similar than most of you would probably care to admit.
I agree they should get called out if they said that stupid crap but I highly doubt anyone who has made it to being a national writer would call girls monkeys and thugs….

Dabo had actual proof Cowherd said that. Dawn has been searching out racism for years now. She doesn’t understand her star got the press that Clark did. Thinks it’s bc she’s white and her girl is black. No it’s the fact the Clark is changing the women’s game. She’s a female Steph Curry. Boston is just a really big girl who dominates down low. Plus the underdog has always received preferential treatment in the media.

This past year, you didn’t hear anything about UGA in the media until the end of the year. It’s boring covering the same team week after week when they are so dominant. That’s why her team is covered the way they are. Not bc they are black.

Ya'll are just as if not more sensitive than the "woke" crowd.. Who gives a fvck what she said?
No, its time to stand up against this BS. This is the liberal agenda that has about burned this country to the ground. When you face opposition, scream racism, homophobe, etc knowing that your opponent will cower in fear of being labeled by your false accusations. Then, you control the masses all on a lie

Some of the people in the media, when you're gathering in public, you're saying things about our team, and you're being heard, and it's being brought back to me," Staley said. "And these are the people that write nationally for our sport."

South Carolina's two-time national champion coach clarified that she and her team aren't above valid criticism, "but when you say things that you probably should be saying in your home on the phone or texting out in public and you're being heard, and you are a national writer for our sport, it just confirms what we already know. So watch what you say when you're in public and you're talking about my team in particular."

Win or lose, South Carolina women's basketball coach Dawn Staley knew she had to go to bat for her roster after Friday's Final Four games.

So, when a reporter asked Staley about "the truth about her team" and its style of play after a 77-73 loss to Iowa in the national semifinals, she delivered a clear message about her majority Black roster to the sporting world at large - and one unnamed national media member in particular.

"We're not bar fighters," Staley said. "We're not thugs. We're not monkeys. We're not street fighters. This team exemplifies how you need to approach basketball on the court and off the court. And I do think that that's sometimes brought into the game, and it hurts."

Staley said she felt compelled to defend USC
How can you even say that? I know what you are implying. I don’t see anything bad in what she said. She probably did hear somethings.

I can’t believe some of the comments on this board. You all are sad.

Reactions: KansasClemson215
White nationalists are going to defend their kkk TV puppet so no surprise. Thanks for proving who are the real racists. No wonder some kids will not attend Clemson just because of some in the fan base.
Listen I get it you throw out the race card when you can’t argue your position. I feel sorry for you.

I’ve never observed Tucker Carlson being racist. It’s a pretty disgusting accusation to make without proof.

Joe Biden gave the eulogy for a literal KKK wizard (Robert Byrd, who recruited 150 people to create a local chapter in WV). How do you feel about him?

Not sure why we are even talking about anybody but Dawn Staley itt but here we are.

Last edited:
I’ve never observed Tucker Carlson being racist. It’s a pretty disgusting accusation to make without proof.

Joe Biden gave the eulogy for a literal KKK member (Robert Byrd, who recruited 150 people to creat a local chapter in WV). How do you feel about him?

Not sure why we are even talking about anybody but Dawn Staley itt but here we are.
They're guilty by (white) association

Too funny considering posters on this board went out of their way to call the young ladies "Bigfoot". She's correct my head in the sand friend that people have dragged her players through the race muck.
There is nothing racist about referring to a large person with large feet as “Bigfoot”, maybe a tad insensitive, nothing more

Not saying she’s in the right, but…if someone from the national media was overheard saying Clemson football played like a bunch of dirty thugs, how would you expect Dabo to react?

Evidence suggests he’d call them out by name…

Not saying this is the same thing…but it is probably a lot more similar than most of you would probably care to admit.

It isn’t similar at all. It is pointing out that one of the most listened to college sports guys made a pretty damming comment about a contender in the National Championship Game.

What guy calls one of the finalist for the national championship a “FRAUD”? I get it, you can say you don’t think there as good, or will lose the game, but calling them a fraud? That is an inflammatory statement by any measure.

Collin got what he deserved and he was promptly called out for it. And kudos to Collin for owning the next day.

Defending your team from criticism after winning is very different than what Dawn did. Dawn claimed (unverified) that someone overheard something from a national media person saying that her team physicaly roughed people up on the floor. It should have never have come up. She is an excuse maker and race is always the issue with her.

Too funny considering posters on this board went out of their way to call the young ladies "Bigfoot". She's correct my head in the sand friend that people have dragged her players through the race m

There is nothing racist about referring to a large person with large feet as “Bigfoot”, maybe a tad insensitive, nothing more
Just a question - isn't Sasquatch technically a Native American?

Well Dabo her Cowherd firsthand because Cowherd has a national show where he stated that very thing. Dawn heard it "second hand". much like the Duke vs BYU volleyball match

It isn’t similar at all. It is pointing out that one of the most listened to college sports guys made a pretty damming comment about a contender in the National Championship Game.

What guy calls one of the finalist for the national championship a “FRAUD”? I get it, you can say you don’t think there as good, or will lose the game, but calling them a fraud? That is an inflammatory statement by any measure.

Collin got what he deserved and he was promptly called out for it. And kudos to Collin for owning the next day.

Defending your team from criticism after winning is very different than what Dawn did. Dawn claimed (unverified) that someone overheard something from a national media person saying that her team physicaly roughed people up on the floor. It should have never have come up. She is an excuse maker and race is always the issue with her.
I started my post by saying that I didn’t think she was in the right. What she said when she said it….she should do better.

I also said it wasn’t the same as when Dabo went off on Cowherd….

It’s fair though to point that if it weren’t about race and if it weren’t a UofSC coach OP and others likely would have had a different take. We all have triggers. Some could probably be a little more self aware.

• Haha
Reactions: tigerworx
I started my post by saying that I didn’t think she was in the right. What she said when she said it….she should do better.

I also said it wasn’t the same as when Dabo went off on Cowherd….

It’s fair though to point that if it weren’t about race and if it weren’t a UofSC coach OP and others likely would have had a different take. We all have triggers. Some could probably be a little more self aware.
Considering this is like the 5th false charge of racism from Dawn, I'd say that last statement is fair.

Just a question - isn't Sasquatch technically a Native American?
I thought it was a large mythical creature, kinda like the Lizard Man. We had an offensive tackle on our high school football team that we nicknamed Sasquatch. He was white and never took it as racist, but didn’t really like it too much.

I am surprised she did not accuse Iowa of being White Supremacists because they were all white

Then I figured she would accuse Iowa of being racist because they did not have a starting black player

Maybe that was because due to meritocracy the best players were on the court

Not the woke makes you go broke group

I’m honestly unaware of any of this. I just don’t pay that close of attention to that program. Please fill me in….
I know she accused someone in the Missouri ladies program a couple of years of saying some racist stuff that turned out to be untrue. Then she just straight up lied about some Oregon fans yelling racist things at her players. I know there's been at least one more. All in the last few years

It's cowardly, it undermines victims of actual racism, and it teaches her players to see the world through that lense. She's a great coach, but she's got a ton of growing up to do.

Maybe it would have helped the situation if they didn’t play that way.

I was thinking I was the only person who saw the really brutish physical play instead of skill playing by iowa

SC really emphasized beat the other team physically up

Dawn Staley couldn ‘t coach the adjustments on the court

Poor coach who recruits BIG girls

It us a good recruiting strategy that works in football and basketball generally

I just saw the greatest player in a lifetime

I know she accused someone in the Missouri ladies program a couple of years of saying some racist stuff that turned out to be untrue. Then she just straight up lied about some Oregon fans yelling racist things at her players. I know there's been at least one more. All in the last few years

It's cowardly, it undermines victims of actual racism, and it teaches her players to see the world through that lense. She's a great coach, but she's got a ton of growing up to do.
If true, definitely not a good look

The important thing is that it could have happened, and a conversation was started.
Really? A conversation started??

I heard that a lot back when George Floyd OD'ed, "we have to start having tough conversations". Well, conversations are a two way street, but liberals don't want to do any listening. So when they say "conversation", they really mean give speeches, make wild demands, make baseless accusations, deflect any and all responsibility and blame, and project their own racist beliefs on anyone who dares to disagree with them.

A tough conversation would be a relief from the liberal BS.

I heard that a lot back when George Floyd OD'ed, "we have to start having tough conversations". Well, conversations are a two way street, but liberals don't want to do any listening. So when they say "conversation", they really mean give speeches, make wild demands, make baseless accusations, deflect any and all responsibility and blame, and project their own racist beliefs on anyone who dares to disagree with them.

giphy.gif

Reactions: clemtigs89

I cannot give this enough likes.

I personally have given up on tiptoeing around on people who want to gain power through hate

The reason all the immigrants are pouring across the border is the liberals need to dumb down the American population more

There is no interest in getting highly literate people into the US

I agree they should get called out if they said that stupid crap but I highly doubt anyone who has made it to being a national writer would call girls monkeys and thugs….

Dabo had actual proof Cowherd said that. Dawn has been searching out racism for years now. She doesn’t understand her star got the press that Clark did. Thinks it’s bc she’s white and her girl is black. No it’s the fact the Clark is changing the women’s game. She’s a female Steph Curry. Boston is just a really big girl who dominates down low. Plus the underdog has always received preferential treatment in the media.

This past year, you didn’t hear anything about UGA in the media until the end of the year. It’s boring covering the same team week after week when they are so dominant. That’s why her team is covered the way they are. Not bc they are black.

Now you know the meaning of EQUITY versus EQUALITY

Equality was Clark and Boston along with their teams went on the floor as equals both playing by the same rules and regulations

By meritocracy IOWA won so we do’t guarantee equal outcomes we want equal opportunity

If Dawn Staley got her hate mongering racist way then using the principle of EQUITY Dawn Staley and SC would have been declared the winner to right all past wrongs , reparations would be demanded and Caitlin Clark would have her POY award stripped and given to Alia Boston

Yep that is the NEW WOKE culture of rewarding the loser for an agenda and handicapping successful people

And the left liberal Democratic Party is the party of this mess

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
I personally think the "monkeys" thing is what I would question the most. THAT is when you are basically throwing the race card on the table.

My wife calls our grand children monkeys

Of course we are all white so I guess I will have to refer from now on to my wife as a racist for referring to the grands as little monkeys

• Haha
Reactions: tigerworx
She’s the worst. Kinda reminds me of a certain Vice President we have. But Dawn is at least good at her job
Lol. You got to be that person don't you? Do the black people scare you.....ahhh....poor thing....how dare they.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT