ADVERTISEMENT

ITT: We discuss the negatives of your party

I mean, sure. If that's something negative to you that you wish they wouldn't do, yes. Feels like another form of the messaging issue I mentioned. I just know there is something, you know. So feels disingenuous to say nothing. I believe there was something else you disagreed with Trump on that I can't remember. Maybe Tariffs, or some tax issue, I can't remember. Basically, I guess my point is you can still fully support your party over others while not 100% agreeing with everything they do. People get taken more seriously and have more real discussions if they're willing to see their own sides faults. Of course that's my own opinion, maybe you have lots of good discussions with people who never concede ground or admit things that are obvious, etc.

The finances of the country are awful, but I do not lay blame at one political party. They are both equally responsible.

Reactions: Tiger Guru
It's become increasingly odd to me to see people defend their party, even when they do wrong. As someone who absolutely loves good old fashion discussion, I think it's making people blinded to their downfalls. How does one learn from their mistakes if they always make excuses or defend them?

In this thread, let's talk about what you think your party is wrong for, shouldn't do or something about them that makes you cringe, and you wish they would change.

Don't defend them in here. Instead, discuss what they do wrong.

Hopefully, our tribalism isn't too strong, and this isn't impossible. But I think there's lots of people who could learn from a thread like this, and I am addicted to learning.

We all know what right and wrong is. Lying, cheating and stealing is wrong and corrupt, we would all agree.

What say you?

I have been off this board for a while (which was great). It is nice to see a thread with actual discussion that has not been hijacked by mouth breathers and twitter conspiracists.

I am an independent, and I know I will get bashed by the aforementioned mouth breathers for saying that, but it is true. I cannot vote in primaries. But I lean left, so here is what I dont like:

- men should not compete in women's sports - although this happens very rarely.

- the only people who should get student debt forgiveness are cops, firefighters, emts, soldiers, and especially social workers. The things that social workers do to protect children, and what they have to pay for school. They should get any perk we can give them.

- defund the police was a terrible idea, although the original meaning was not to completely defund the police. That was the right that made that connection. But it was a stupid thing to put on a sign.

- I am all for taxing the rich, but Biden's $400K threshold is way too low. That is not rich. I would be fine with $1MM. But at that point, most income is passed through to investments anyway. they need to figure out a way to reward people for taking risks to start business, but also tax the businesses more as they mature and get bigger. Nobody I know who owns a business is going to stop growing their business just bc their taxes go up.

- some of the college students protesting Israel really piss me off. Especially the ones who hold up signs saying "from the river to the sea" and dont even know what that means. I also dont like the people who say you cannot criticize Israel without being antisemitic. Some of these students have valid points about what Israel is doing, it is just the ignorant ones who bother me.

I have been off this board for a while (which was great). It is nice to see a thread with actual discussion that has not been hijacked by mouth breathers and twitter conspiracists.

I am an independent, and I know I will get bashed by the aforementioned mouth breathers for saying that, but it is true. I cannot vote in primaries. But I lean left, so here is what I dont like:

- the only people who should get student debt forgiveness are cops, firefighters, emts, soldiers, and especially social workers. The things that social workers do to protect children, and what they have to pay for school. They should get any perk we can give them.

- defund the police was a terrible idea, although the original meaning was not to completely defund the police. That was the right that made that connection. But it was a stupid thing to put on a sign.

- I am all for taxing the rich, but Biden's $400K threshold is way too low. That is not rich. I would be fine with $1MM. But at that point, most income is passed through to investments anyway. they need to figure out a way to reward people for taking risks to start business, but also tax the businesses more as they mature and get bigger. Nobody I know who owns a business is going to stop growing their business just bc their taxes go up.

- some of the college students protesting Israel really piss me off. Especially the ones who hold up signs saying "from the river to the sea" and dont even know what that means. I also dont like the people who say you cannot criticize Israel without being antisemitic. Some of these students have valid points about what Israel is doing, it is just the ignorant ones who bother me.
Good stuff, thanks for the reply!

Another Independent here. Once again, I can get behind a lot of this.

Ditto on men/women sports... totally agree.

I have a bit of a different take on the student loan thing. I'm a fan of service instead of subject. If there are places that need certain people, then go work there for a while and get your loans forgiven. For instance, rural Idaho needs Drs. and other healthcare professionals badly. So when you graduate, go work in rural Idaho for x number of years for a crappy salary and poof... no more loans. Or if you majored in 17th century Russian poetry... go work for Drs. without borders or the American Red Cross for x number of years for a crappy salary and poof... no more loans.

Agree on taxing the rich with common sense attached.

Disagree with the college students thing. College students protest stupid crap all the time. Let them protest the stupid crap. BUT, the students need to be nonthreatening and nonviolent. When they cross those lines... arrest them and toss their asses in jail.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT