ADVERTISEMENT

Junk mail should be illegal

iceheart08

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2005
Unsolicited business mail should be illegal. Imagine all the time, effort and resources that goes into creating and delivering unsolicited business mail.

It should be illegal.

Happy Sunday.

Unsolicited business mail should be illegal. Imagine all the time, effort and resources that goes into creating and delivering unsolicited business mail.

It should be illegal.

Happy Sunday.

It should be illegal.

Happy Sunday.
There shouldn’t be anyone who disagrees with this outside of the businesses who send that crap out.

I could easily get by witH mail delivery twice a week.

But I know the service couldn’t survive and maintain employees with that. Unless the USPS converted to taxpayer funded. As it is, junk mail floats the boat, without it there would be no postal service.

We almost don’t need snail mail. But there are still a very few dwindling essentials that require it. And to be sure there are those, also dwindling, who are still dependent on it.

And as my wife says, email thank you notes and wedding invitations just aren’t right. LOL.

Reactions: purple2
I could easily get by witH mail delivery twice a week.

But I know the service couldn’t survive and maintain employees with that. Unless the USPS converted to taxpayer funded. As it is, junk mail floats the boat, without it there would be no postal service.

We almost don’t need snail mail. But there are still a very few dwindling essentials that require it. And to be sure there are those, also dwindling, who are still dependent on it.

And as my wife says, email thank you notes and wedding invitations just aren’t right. LOL.

Oh this is an interesting point.

But if the system is unsustainable it should be allowed to fail.

Force every government agency to get rid of the processees they have in place that require snail mail and let the USPS fail.

How 'bout robo calls?

Yes. Absolutely. Major difference though is the resources needed for a robo call versus those needed to send out millions of mailers.

I just need a dialer and a list for robos. One person in a room with a computer can easily handle this task. Compare that to the significant resources needed to mail millions of things. All the paper, ink, and man power to get mailers out is the problem I think is worth addressing.

Last edited:
I hate junk mail too. But I still go though it and sometimes read it. Fact is direct mail marketing achieves a 4.4% response rate. Digital marketing only gets a .12% response rate. DMM isn't going anywhere soon.

I hate junk mail too. But I still go though it and sometimes read it. Fact is direct mail marketing achieves a 4.4% response rate. Digital marketing only gets a .12% response rate. DMM isn't going anywhere soon.

You are explaining the reason MMM will mmnot go away

It’s effective and makes money when used in a data mining setup

I hate the email garbage even as much as I filter I still get plenty

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT