ADVERTISEMENT

Just curious, where is the outrage over this?

LUV DEM TIGERS

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2003
Irmo, SC
shopkathyskreations.com
If this was on "the other side" it would be National news and the lead story on every TV station:

MOUNT PLEASANT, S.C. (WCBD) – State Representative Krystle Matthews, who is currently seeking the Democratic nomination for the U.S. Senate race against Tim Scott, is under fire for a call she allegedly made to a South Carolina correctional inmate. In the call, Matthews said in the call Democrats need to run for Republican seats in state elections to improve their chances.

The call was placed back on February 15th to David Solomon Ballard, who she refers to as an activist. Ballard is housed at the Perry Correctional Institute in Greenville County.

Representative Matthews discusses using what she refers to as “dope” money to fund campaigns.

“Where the f—- are my black people with money? I don’t care about no dope money, give me that dope boy money. S—, where the f—, where’s the duffle bag boys? Get you, find you somebody in your family that doesn’t even know you’re donating to my campaign, and put that s— under their name. Like, like what the f—?”
She also mentions “secret sleepers” infiltrating the republican party.

“This is the only way you’re going to change the dynamic in South Carolina,” says Representative Matthews. “You’ve got to find some folks that are a little bit polished, maybe are not, you know, nobody really knows them that well. Maybe they haven’t been really politically active but we need some secret sleepers. Like we need them to run as the other side even though they’re for our side. And we need them to win.”

Representative Matthews goes on to say she doesn’t understand why political candidates her age can’t win an important office in South Carolina.

“I’m a single mom of five out here doing more than most m—– f—— do in a day and I still have to struggle to raise money for my campaign,” she said.

She also discusses her connection to voters and finding ways to connect with them.

“I have a whole strategy on how to flip things upside down,” says Representative Matthews. “But it’s like really trying to get people to understand is a whole other thing, like so I know you’re both activists and I am too in my own way, right? I’m very active. I’m very much a n—– in a lot of ways but I know how to turn it off and turn it on.”

News 2 tried reaching out to Representative Matthews today, but she declined our request for an interview. Representative Matthews is going against Catherine Fleming Bruce in Tuesday’s primary runoff election to win the Democratic senate ticket, the winner will face senator Tim Scott for South Carolina’s Junior Senator Seat in November.

The South Carolina Republican Party released a statement saying they believe Representative Matthews made the remarks because she “knows Democrats can’t win and they look forward to beating her in November.”

If this was on "the other side" it would be National news and the lead story on every TV station:

MOUNT PLEASANT, S.C. (WCBD) – State Representative Krystle Matthews, who is currently seeking the Democratic nomination for the U.S. Senate race against Tim Scott, is under fire for a call she allegedly made to a South Carolina correctional inmate. In the call, Matthews said in the call Democrats need to run for Republican seats in state elections to improve their chances.

The call was placed back on February 15th to David Solomon Ballard, who she refers to as an activist. Ballard is housed at the Perry Correctional Institute in Greenville County.

Representative Matthews discusses using what she refers to as “dope” money to fund campaigns.

“This is the only way you’re going to change the dynamic in South Carolina,” says Representative Matthews. “You’ve got to find some folks that are a little bit polished, maybe are not, you know, nobody really knows them that well. Maybe they haven’t been really politically active but we need some secret sleepers. Like we need them to run as the other side even though they’re for our side. And we need them to win.”

Representative Matthews goes on to say she doesn’t understand why political candidates her age can’t win an important office in South Carolina.

“I’m a single mom of five out here doing more than most m—– f—— do in a day and I still have to struggle to raise money for my campaign,” she said.

She also discusses her connection to voters and finding ways to connect with them.

“I have a whole strategy on how to flip things upside down,” says Representative Matthews. “But it’s like really trying to get people to understand is a whole other thing, like so I know you’re both activists and I am too in my own way, right? I’m very active. I’m very much a n—– in a lot of ways but I know how to turn it off and turn it on.”

News 2 tried reaching out to Representative Matthews today, but she declined our request for an interview. Representative Matthews is going against Catherine Fleming Bruce in Tuesday’s primary runoff election to win the Democratic senate ticket, the winner will face senator Tim Scott for South Carolina’s Junior Senator Seat in November.

The South Carolina Republican Party released a statement saying they believe Representative Matthews made the remarks because she “knows Democrats can’t win and they look forward to beating her in November.”
Nothing to see here...she said today it was a fabricated and nothing more than a political hit piece.

Just saying....
Exactly. Nobody cares here. Take it to the political board.

Everyone with one eye and half a brain realizes that we have two separate systems of justice. o_O

I mean, we still have the guys in jail who only entered the Capitol, didn't hurt anyone, or break anything, and they can't get out. Yet, you can have a mob rush the Arizona state capitol over the abortion issues, stop those who are in session, and they couldn't leave the building, and it was a misdemeanor at best for them. Again, two systems of justice!!!

Last edited:
You aren't aware of the double standard? One side can say and do literally anything and it just doesn't matter. If there was any logic or sense to anything political right now, one party would be run out of the country and branded as traiters but that isn't what's happening.
amen. FYI if didn’t know, Jailhouse calls are recorded and public record. It should be pretty easy to find out if what is alleged was said or not.

My bet is that’s exactly what was said. Ignorant Garbage mouths like that, doesn’t sound made up.

Reactions: metiger01

The South Carolina Republican Party released a statement saying they believe Representative Matthews made the remarks because she “knows Democrats can’t win and they look forward to beating her in November.
Not much of a story because whoever the democrat gets to run against Tim Scott they are going to lose by 25% to 30% points .

But she is currently a state representative. She should have to resign.
I agree she should resign but probably not going get much attention nationally (hope I am wrong ) because she isn’t going to come close to beating Scott .

You aren't aware of the double standard? One side can say and do literally anything and it just doesn't matter. If there was any logic or sense to anything political right now, one party would be run out of the country and branded as traiters but that isn't what's happening.
Traitors like a president and his Allies trying to illegally overturn an election no matter what it took? And like 85% of his party still supporting him to this day? Ya, sounds like traitors to me. Nice try

Traitors like a president and his Allies trying to illegally overturn an election no matter what it took? And like 85% of his party still supporting him to this day? Ya, sounds like traitors to me. Nice try
I really don't think it's 85%. I know a lot of people closed their eyes and held their breath the last time we had to vote for him. I am sure others like me just wish he would go away. He is NOT electable. He has alienated the non ultra conservative Republicans. It is only the FAR right that still support him.

Reactions: yoshi121374
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT