ADVERTISEMENT

JUST IN: House Approves Sweeping Gun Control Legislation That Bans High-Capacity Magazines, Raises ‘Assault Rifle’ Purchase Age to 21

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Commie dems making their run. Lets hope the senate saves us again. The high capacity magazine ban is a big issue. This would make tens of millions of handguns illegal.

JUST IN: House Approves Sweeping Gun Control Legislation That Bans High-Capacity Magazines, Raises ‘Assault Rifle’ Purchase Age to 21​

By Cristina Laila
Published June 8, 2022 at 7:20pm
APP-20201-040921-Guns-Constitution.jpg

The House of Representatives on Wednesday evening approved sweeping gun control legislation that bans high-capacity magazines and raises the age to purchase an ‘assault rifle’ to 21.
The House passed the gun legislation 223-204 – 5 Republicans voted “yea” – 2 Democrats voted “nay.”
The measure, dubbed the “Protecting Our Kids Act,” is expected to die in the senate.
CNBC reported:
TRENDING: Healthy Young People Are Dying Suddenly and Unexpectedly from Mysterious Syndrome in Australia - Doctors Baffled and Seek Answers
The House on Wednesday passed a sweeping gun bill that would raise the minimum age to purchase an assault rifle in the U.S. from 18 to 21, even though the legislation doesn’t stand much of a chance in the Senate.
The bill, called the Protecting Our Kids Act, would also bar the sale of large-capacity magazines and institute new rules that dictate proper at-home gun storage. The chamber approved it in a 223-204 vote.
The House earlier voted by a 228 to 199 margin to include the purchasing age provision — under heavy scrutiny after two recent massacres carried out by 18-year-olds — in the broader bill. Democrats backed the proposal in a mostly party line vote: Five Republicans supported the measure, while two Democrats opposed it.
Another component of the legislation, called the Untraceable Firearms Act, would bolster regulations around so-called ghost guns, or those firearms without a serial number. It is far more difficult for law enforcement to track ownership and possession of firearms that lack serial numbers.

If they really want to protect children. All schools should be required to have badge in class room and external doors.. I understand this may not help while children are on the playground but it would be a big step in the right direction..

If they really want to protect children. All schools should be required to have badge in class room and external doors.. I understand this may not help while children are on the playground but it would be a big step in the right direction..
I figured you guys would give the ‘good guys with guns’ thing a rest for a while after we saw the disgusting actions of the police in Tx while they stood outside for over an hour and let someone rampage inside a school rather than do their jobs.

Glad to see you guys are more worried about the guns than the kids. though it makes your abortion arguments look silly

I figured you guys would give the ‘good guys with guns’ thing a rest for a while after we saw the disgusting actions of the police in Tx while they stood outside for over an hour and let someone rampage inside a school rather than do their jobs.

Glad to see you guys are more worried about the guns than the kids. though it makes your abortion arguments look silly
Your point is that the cops aren't coming. I thought you people would give the "you don't need a gun-just call the cops."...bullshit a rest.

Your point is that the cops aren't coming. I thought you people would give the "you don't need a gun-just call the cops."...bullshit a rest.
The cops did come. The stood there and forcefully held people back. Honestly tell me if your child was in the building how would your gun have helped? The cops would have arrested you if you tried to get in. Would you have a shootout in front of the school with the cops? How do you think that would have ended?

seems odd that the best country is the only one where kids are murdered in their schools. Seems even crazier that the evangelicals are the ones who don’t want to do anything about it or seem to care much. Top donator to the Conservative party held a rally days after a school shooting and said that they’re just waiting until this goes away in the news.

The cops did come. The stood there and forcefully held people back. Honestly tell me if your child was in the building how would your gun have helped? The cops would have arrested you if you tried to get in. Would you have a shootout in front of the school with the cops? How do you think that would have ended?

seems odd that the best country is the only one where kids are murdered in their schools. Seems even crazier that the evangelicals are the ones who don’t want to do anything about it or seem to care much. Top donator to the Conservative party held a rally days after a school shooting and said that they’re just waiting until this goes away in the news.
Maybe the $40billion sent to give ar's to untrained Ukrainians could've stayed here to harden schools? I'm not an evangelical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT