ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala/Walz 2024

Refute that Trump's admin wasn't a mess? Remember Scaramucci? It was constantly some drama. He'd hire them and they were the greatest, he'd fire them or they quit two months later and they were the worst, a RINO, deep state or something. Just a mess and constant issues.

It says a lot to me that his former cabinet members and former White House staff basically all hate him and don't support him.

Reactions: dpic73
That's a great point I don't think people are appreciating. Say what you want about Biden, but his administration has been largely successful and had very little drama.

At the end of the day the President provides guidance and perhaps the impetus for what they want done, but the people he appoints are really what gets things accomplished.

Trumps administration was a cluster**** from Day One. Just littered with terrible hires and constant drama. The initial group had some competent people, but most of them ran for the hills once they spent anytime around him and we were left with syncophants who were largely incapable of doing their jobs.
And just imagine who would work for him in a second term since the quality people he had won't even endorse him this time around.

Trump went off on immigrants again last night with Musk. Said "they are sending us their least productive workers," as if countries are rounding people up, putting them on board vehicles for safe passage to America to create economic havoc in the U.S.

I don't know about anyone else's experience with immigrant labor but to call them unproductive is the opposite of what I have experienced in my life.

• Unproductive at picking crops? (Where are the productive native-born Americans who want their jobs?)
  • Unproductive at building homes? There are 400,000 residential construction jobs going unfilled in the U.S. Historically, 25% of these jobs are held by immigrants.
  • Unproductive at working behind the scenes in restaurants and hotels?
  • Unproductive in cutting our lawns and tending our gardens?
  • Unproductive in plucking feathers off of chickens?
Meanwhile, angry white men who choose not to go to college (i.e., Trump voters) say they are being discriminated against and are angry that college-educated women are getting better jobs and better pay and don't need to marry those men. So they blame it on immigrants.

Reactions: okclem
Trump went off on immigrants again last night with Musk. Said "they are sending us their least productive workers," as if countries are rounding people up, putting them on board vehicles for safe passage to America to create economic havoc in the U.S.

I don't know about anyone else's experience with immigrant labor but to call them unproductive is the opposite of what I have experienced in my life.

• Unproductive at picking crops? (Where are the productive native-born Americans who want their jobs?)
  • Unproductive at building homes? There are 400,000 residential construction jobs going unfilled in the U.S. Historically, 25% of these jobs are held by immigrants.
Meanwhile, angry white men who choose not to go to college (i.e., Trump voters) say they are being discriminated against and are angry that college-educated women are getting better jobs and better pay and don't need to marry those men. So they blame it on immigrants.

I love how Anthony Bourdain discussed immigrants in the kitchens of NYC.

"Some, of course, like to claim that Mexicans are stealing American jobs," Bourdain said in 2014. "But in two decades as a chef and employer, I never had one American kid walk in my door and apply for a dishwashing job, a porter's position or even a job as prep cook."

Reactions: kgwillison

Your last paragraph is spot on. I would also add those who refuse to leave the comfort of their small town to earn a living. So many Trump supporters are those who have not taken any personal responsibility and expect the govt to bail them out. They wonder why they can’t have a high paying factory job located in their small town that allows them to buy a new pickup, boat, and pay for season tickets. They won’t go get an education, nor move to a city with economic opportunities.

This is the greatest economy in the history of the world but you have to get off your couch and can’t stay in your little bubble if you want to reap the rewards.

Reactions: kgwillison
Refute that Trump's admin wasn't a mess? Remember Scaramucci? It was constantly some drama. He'd hire them and they were the greatest, he'd fire them or they quit two months later and they were the worst, a RINO, deep state or something. Just a mess and constant issues.

It says a lot to me that his former cabinet members and former White House staff basically all hate him and don't support him.
At least he fired some, should have fired more. Biden has fired no one. I guess you think all of Biden’s are great. I don’t, I think they are terrible. How many people quit on Kamala? Who is actually running our country right now? Do you even care?

• Haha
Reactions: okclem and dpic73
At least he fired some, should have fired more. Biden has fired no one. I guess you think all of Biden’s are great. I don’t, I think they are terrible. How many people quit on Kamala? Who is actually running our country right now? Do you even care?
This is an admission wow.

Reactions: yoshi121374
He hired all these people he later called terrible. Is that the guy you want running anything? Has Biden had any cabinet member putting sirens and lights on his car so he can get to a restaurant (like Trump's EPA head)? How about a Sec of HHS who took pricey private plans rather than commercial flights? A VA Sec who took an "official" flight to Europe to, uh, attend Wimbledon? They modeled their ethics after their boss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT