ADVERTISEMENT

Leaving DC, Some Advice

scotchtiger

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2005
Mount Pleasant, SC
Wrapping up 3 days in DC. I was very fortunate to receive a tour of the West Wing with a current cabinet secretary. Spent time with a diverse group of people. Was hosted for lunch at the residence of a European ambassador.

Got to see the Oval Office. Got to stand in the board room where the president hosts cabinet meetings. Stood by the podium in the White House press room. Saw the rose garden. Saw amazing historical works of art. Walked the Lincoln and WWII memorials. Felt the significance of United States history and world position.

Everyone I encountered was absolutely delightful. The cabinet secretary was an incredibly gracious and kind host. Everyone got along. No animosity. Everyone laughed at my Biden joke (we were told that the after hours tour may not happen if Biden was working late, to which I expressed my lack of concern) - even the cabinet secretary’s spouse.

I’m embarrassed for some of you. You have been broken by social media and politics. Growls’ spamming of the board or tboone’s unhealthy obsessive posting are not normal. The illogical hate and “end of democracy” talk is not normal. The constant name calling and vitriol is not normal.

I’m leaving after 3 days inside the beltway and had zero negative experiences or interactions. And I was mostly around people who don’t vote the way I’ve historically voted.

You folks need to shut down social media and cable news. Get outside and talk with real people. Travel. Get some perspective.

I’m concerned about some of you. Especially tboone and a few of the MAGA extremists. I hope you follow the advice above. The US is an amazing place. Enjoy it!

Reactions: dpic73 and WapPride
Wrapping up 3 days in DC. I was very fortunate to receive a tour of the West Wing with a current cabinet secretary. Spent time with a diverse group of people. Was hosted for lunch at the residence of a European ambassador.

Got to see the Oval Office. Got to stand in the board room where the president hosts cabinet meetings. Stood by the podium in the White House press room. Saw the rose garden. Saw amazing historical works of art. Walked the Lincoln and WWII memorials. Felt the significance of United States history and world position.

Everyone I encountered was absolutely delightful. The cabinet secretary was an incredibly gracious and kind host. Everyone got along. No animosity. Everyone laughed at my Biden joke (we were told that the after hours tour may not happen if Biden was working late, to which I expressed my lack of concern) - even the cabinet secretary’s spouse.

I’m embarrassed for some of you. You have been broken by social media and politics. Growls’ spamming of the board or tboone’s unhealthy obsessive posting are not normal. The illogical hate and “end of democracy” talk is not normal. The constant name calling and vitriol is not normal.

I’m leaving after 3 days inside the beltway and had zero negative experiences or interactions. And I was mostly around people who don’t vote the way I’ve historically voted.

You folks need to shut down social media and cable news. Get outside and talk with real people. Travel. Get some perspective.

I’m concerned about some of you. Especially tboone and a few of the MAGA extremists. I hope you follow the advice above. The US is an amazing place. Enjoy it!
Damn man, that sounds like an amazing visit! Care to name drop the cabinet secretary?

Also welcome to the democratic party! 😅

Reactions: flotiger
Yes, reality is triggering for some people. Highly amusing how the Rs on here go with ad hominem attacks when confronted with reality.

I remember my first trip to the WH as well. Glad you got a chance to check that one off your bucket list.

If I may jump into the satirical mode I must say that must have been A VERY GENEROUS DONATION. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT