ADVERTISEMENT

Long musings from a long quiet drive home from CLT

hj_gville

Lake Baikal
Dec 14, 2005
1. We had a true frosh OG and a C who’d never snapped a ball before a month ago. UGA started 7 seniors and 4 juniors on defense. My expectations were too high for what an offense without #16 and #9 was going to do against that lineup.

2. Having Lyn J for 4 quarters may have won us the game last night. I love Dabo and have full faith he’ll fix our issues eventually. But to think Lyn J’s absence for doing something stupid like being late to class or missing a study hall while Derion Kendrick is starting for UGA makes me shake my head. Not saying I want Dabo to change anything with regard to integrity, but the juxtaposition of how the 2 programs are run was impactful in a negative way for us last night.

3. What happened to having an Alpha Dog at WRU? Since Nuk, we’ve had at least 1 guy that would put the offense on their back. Hopefully Ngata continues on the trajectory he started in the 2nd half or Ross gets in game shape quickly, as much mentally as physically.

4. BV should get Dabo and Elliott’s pay for this game…and maybe this season if things don’t get better on the other side of the ball quickly.

5.I know I’m getting old but the “mother f@cking N” at the end of Tiger Rag from the student section is an abomination. It’s embarrassing and should really be addressed in some manner by the administration. I’ve been to probably 25-30 other college stadiums for games and this may be the worst thing I’ve seen outside of Columbia or Baton Rouge.

6. Whoever is running the I-85 project between Gaffney and Spartanburg needs to be strung up by their testicles and beat to death with rubber hoses at halftime of the SC State game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News