ADVERTISEMENT

Lou Saban

giphy.gif

Context

President Donald Trump might not have endeared himself to Alabama Crimson Tide fans while endorsing former college football coach and current U.S. Senate candidate Tommy Tuberville.

And it's not because Tuberville was once the head football coach for Alabama's biggest rival.

On an election eve conference call with Tuberville -- who was endorsed by Trump for Tuesday's runoff against Jeff Sessions for the Republican nomination for the Senate -- Trump mixed politics with sports and the results were hilarious.

The football portion of the conference call went sideways when Trump talked up Tuberville's record at Auburn against rival Alabama.

"Really successful coach," Trump said of Tuberville, according to AL.com. "Beat Alabama, like six in a row, but we won’t even mention that."

Then, Trump possibly meant to reference Alabama's current iconic coach, except ...

"As he said ... because of that, maybe we got ‘em Lou Saban," Trump said. "... And he's great, Lou Saban, what a great job he's done."

Context

President Donald Trump might not have endeared himself to Alabama Crimson Tide fans while endorsing former college football coach and current U.S. Senate candidate Tommy Tuberville.

And it's not because Tuberville was once the head football coach for Alabama's biggest rival.

On an election eve conference call with Tuberville -- who was endorsed by Trump for Tuesday's runoff against Jeff Sessions for the Republican nomination for the Senate -- Trump mixed politics with sports and the results were hilarious.

The football portion of the conference call went sideways when Trump talked up Tuberville's record at Auburn against rival Alabama.

"Really successful coach," Trump said of Tuberville, according to AL.com. "Beat Alabama, like six in a row, but we won’t even mention that."

Then, Trump possibly meant to reference Alabama's current iconic coach, except ...

"As he said ... because of that, maybe we got ‘em Lou Saban," Trump said. "... And he's great, Lou Saban, what a great job he's done."
Trump should just stick to the subjects he has a little knowledge of. I’m sure he’s a smart man, but can come across as being the exact opposite of that.

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
Can you imagine how hard it is for any President (Democrat or Republican) to memorize and pronounce all the names of everyone correctly?

Then you have all to geographical stuff to make sure you memorize. It would be tough.

Carry on with that. If Biden would have said it there would have been 15 minute panel discussions on Hannity and Tucker Carlson about his mental health. Just like there was on MSNBC about Trump and his 2 handed water drink. It’s where we are in politics.

Carry on with that. If Biden would have said it there would have been 15 minute panel discussions on Hannity and Tucker Carlson about his mental health. Just like there was on MSNBC about Trump and his 2 handed water drink. It’s where we are in politics.

Haha yep.

Can you imagine how hard it is for any President (Democrat or Republican) to memorize and pronounce all the names of everyone correctly?

Then you have all to geographical stuff to make sure you memorize. It would be tough.
true ....but when you claim to be a fan of college football, the name "Nick Saban" should roll off the tongue without much thought ...ESPECIALLY when youre hammering your political opponent on his cognitive ability

Jason Pruitt
Daniel Cutcliffe
Pete Narduzzi
sure.

Oscar Meyer
Beau Swinney
Lou Saban
not so much.

It’s not just because these guys have won multiple national titles. It’s because for the last decade plus, these names are constantly echoed in the press. And for like 5 months out of the year, like everyday.

Trump is an idiot and twitters too much. Cant wait for Biden to show everyone how sharp he is!

But for now, it's not safe for him to come out. So we'll have to wait....cases are too high.

Trump should just stick to the subjects he has a little knowledge of. I’m sure he’s a smart man, but can come across as being the exact opposite of that.
What subjects does Trump have a real working knowledge of? You know, the kind where he could sit down and have a deep discussion on policy, implications of said policy, the need to adjustments for its success and so on.
I don’t think there is a single topic he can do that with and I am being serious. He neither has the aptitude or the attention span.

What subjects does Trump have a real working knowledge of? You know, the kind where he could sit down and have a deep discussion on policy, implications of said policy, the need to adjustments for its success and so on.
I don’t think there is a single topic he can do that with and I am being serious. He neither has the aptitude or the attention span.
Yeah, I think you're right. He's probably a really stupid guy who isn't smarter than you average TI poster. I could totally see that. Its amazing he's been able to fool everyone for so many years.

Yeah, I think you're right. He's probably a really stupid guy who isn't smarter than you average TI poster. I could totally see that. Its amazing he's been able to fool everyone for so many years.

Daddy's money, bankruptcy, big balls and no conscience explain most of that.

The guy trusts former game show host Chuck Woolery versus Dr. Fauci on the virus. Let that sink in a little...

Reactions: clemsontiger02
Daddy's money, bankruptcy, big balls and no conscience explain most of that.

The guy trusts former game show host Chuck Woolery versus Dr. Fauci on the virus. Let that sink in a little...
Yeah, he probably has a low IQ. I agree. I can’t imagine how someone could make it so long being an idiot that the average American is Smarter than. All it took was Daddy’s money... imagine that. I believe every single thing the media says about him. And he has no conscious, that’s incredible.

Not sure how he survived Bankruptcy...

Daddy’s money.... I’m not sure how athletes kids ever have to work in their life. Imagine Can Newtons son... daddy’s money will alway be his crutch.

His record is basically public information , he craves attention so much he can’t help himself. He has spun a narrative and some people swallow it hook, line and sinker. The fact that he has the “common man” thinking he is on their side just amazes me. He has been bullying vendors and contractors and business contacts his whole career. He has certainly mastered the art of branding himself and staying in the public eye, I’ll give him that.

Dude... you are WAY behind the times. Here are just a few of the things that Trump is the world's foremost authority on (according to Trump):

• Campaign finance: "I think nobody knows more about campaign finance than I do, because I'm the biggest contributor." (1999.)
  • TV ratings: "I know more about people who get ratings than anyone." (October 2012.)
  • ISIS: "I know more about ISIS than the generals do." (November 2015.)
  • Social media: "I understand social media. I understand the power of Twitter. I understand the power of Facebook maybe better than almost anybody, based on my results, right?" (November 2015.)
  • Courts: "I know more about courts than any human being on Earth." (November 2015.)
  • Lawsuits: "[W]ho knows more about lawsuits than I do? I'm the king." (January 2016.)
  • Politicians: "I understand politicians better than anybody."
  • The visa system: "[N]obody knows the system better than me. I know the H1B. I know the H2B. ... Nobody else on this dais knows how to change it like I do, believe me." (March 2016.)
  • Trade: "Nobody knows more about trade than me." (March 2016.)
  • The U.S. government system: "[N]obody knows the system better than I do." (April 2016.)
  • Renewable energy: "I know more about renewables than any human being on Earth." (April 2016.)
  • Taxes: "I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world." (May 2016.)
  • Debt: "I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me." (June 2016.)
  • Money: "I understand money better than anybody." (June 2016.)
  • Infrastructure: "[L]ook, as a builder, nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump." (July 2016.)
  • Sen. Cory Booker: "I know more about Cory than he knows about himself." (July 2016.)
  • Borders: Trump said in 2016 that Sheriff Joe Arpaio said he was endorsing him for president because "you know more about this stuff than anybody."
  • Democrats: "I think I know more about the other side than almost anybody." (November 2016.)
  • Construction: "[N]obody knows more about construction than I do." (May 2018.)
  • The economy: "I think I know about it better than [the Federal Reserve]." (October 2018.)
  • Technology: "Technology — nobody knows more about technology than me." (December 2018.)
  • Drones: "I know more about drones than anybody. I know about every form of safety that you can have." (January 2019.)
  • Drone technology: "Having a drone fly overhead — and I think nobody knows much more about technology, this type of technology certainly, than I do." (January 2019.)

Reactions: kgwillison
His record is basically public information , he craves attention so much he can’t help himself. He has spun a narrative and some people swallow it hook, line and sinker. The fact that he has the “common man” thinking he is on their side just amazes me. He has been bullying vendors and contractors and business contacts his whole career. He has certainly mastered the art of branding himself and staying in the public eye, I’ll give him that.

To be fair, that's not just Trump. For most of us here, the only way we'd be at a party/social event with someone who is/was President of the US would be if we were wearing a hairnet and serving food. Only exception to that would be Jimmy Carter.

To be fair, that's not just Trump. For most of us here, the only way we'd be at a party/social event with someone who is/was President of the US would be if we were wearing a hairnet and serving food. Only exception to that would be Jimmy Carter.
I actually WAS at an event with Jimmy Carter. In fact, in 2016 I worked with him to construct a house in Memphis as part of Habitat for Humanity's Carter Work Week (I also worked alongside Trisha Yearwood - she signed my hard hat, "To Kirk, the ladder God," because I worked affixing hurricane straps to the roof while she worked to affix them to the floor). Jimmy Carter is simply an amazing human being. I shared with him that I had the good fortune as a young staffer on Capitol Hill to attend his Joint Session speech with Israeli Prime Minister Begin and Egypt President Anwar Sadat and we had a nice chat about it.

I actually WAS at an event with Jimmy Carter. In fact, in 2016 I worked with him to construct a house in Memphis as part of Habitat for Humanity's Carter Work Week (I also worked alongside Trisha Yearwood - she signed my hard hat, "To Kirk, the ladder God," because I worked affixing hurricane straps to the roof while she worked to affix them to the floor). Jimmy Carter is simply an amazing human being. I shared with him that I had the good fortune as a young staffer on Capitol Hill to attend his Joint Session speech with Israeli Prime Minister Begin and Egypt President Anwar Sadat and we had a nice chat about it.

I hear you brother. Back when my mom was alive (hell, it's probably be 15 years now). We went over to Georgia to the church President Carter has attended his whole life. He was teaching Sunday School and the public could attend. We got to chat with him a bit before and after. He seems like a great guy and you'd never know he assisted in developing nuclear power systems for naval ships. REALLY smart guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT