ADVERTISEMENT

Maturation

wvatiger13

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2010
Good win today for our Tigers! The biggest thing I enjoyed seeing was the maturation of this team. I’ve been frustrated to start the year mainly because I thought this would be a playoff caliber team again. After resetting expectations and viewing this through the lens of a younger team that needs to grow up a bit, the maturation process has been fun to watch.

- We learned how to close the door on a team. Yes, we should have closed the door sooner but we dealt with some adversity on the road, fought through it, and made the plays to finish it. Sometimes young guys need to learn how to finish and I think they did today hopefully.
- You can see the maturation of Cade week by week. He is growing in his awareness, pocket presence, using his legs to make plays or throwing on the run. Sure there are still some bad reads but it’s been fun to watch him progress from week one to five. He makes it fun to watch Clemson again as he’s definitely a playmaker who won’t wilt under pressure.
- I think you saw Tyler Brown today decide he’s an alpha. Dude made plays everywhere. He WANTED the ball in the big moments and Cade trusted him. I think he’s about to blow up in a huge way for this receiving corps!
- so many other young guys are starting to come into their own. Parker, Woods, Lukas, Barnes, etc. It is fun to watch the light come on for these young guys.

Still a lot of warts to work through but a lot of fun progress today and the fun was definitely in the winning! Go Tigers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News