ADVERTISEMENT

McCarthy Still Lacks Votes to Win Speakership

In this case, yes. Who is the speaker really doesn't matter right now because it is a 2-year situation most likely if Republicans continue to do things the way they're doing it now. The party needs to show that is organized and ready to lead and that is not what is going on right now. I'm all for chaos and government because I think that varying opinions and scrutiny are very important. There's far too little of that on the Democratic side. But at this current time when really all that matters is putting a stop to the Biden agenda, this is a bad hill to die on.
Although I agree to a degree, I want that varying opinion and not the same go-along attitude we've seen since I can remember. Hopefully we reconvene and we settle this, all knowing that the typical DC BS will not be tolerated. Maybe that's a pipe dream?

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
In this case, yes. Who is the speaker really doesn't matter right now because it is a 2-year situation most likely if Republicans continue to do things the way they're doing it now. The party needs to show that is organized and ready to lead and that is not what is going on right now. I'm all for chaos and government because I think that varying opinions and scrutiny are very important. There's far too little of that on the Democratic side. But at this current time when really all that matters is putting a stop to the Biden agenda, this is a bad hill to die on.
If he gets it he'll be one of the weakest speakers we've ever had, with a very short leash. He's given up the farm to this point and it still hasn't moved the needle. What a joke this Congress will be and we'll have to suffer through two years of this crap.

Reactions: Mr.Fitzwell
So the GOP is in a tough spot. They got Jim Jordan who's a real asshole and Kevbo McCarthy, who, literally, has no backbone. So what do they do??

So the GOP is in a tough spot. They got Jim Jordan who's a real asshole and Kevbo McCarthy, who, literally, has no backbone. So what do they do??
MFPatch_891x.jpg

Nancy Pelosi is a complete b****. So what? None of the leaders of any of these bodies are going to be popular.
McCarthy used to be. BTW, Pelosi has nothing to do with this current drama!! BUT, nice try!!

McCarthy used to be. BTW, Pelosi has nothing to do with this current drama!! BUT, nice try!!

Wow, hard to understand how you missed my point. You've talked about Jordan being a dick. My point is that isn't a detriment necessarily. The past Speaker wasn't nice either. She has nothing to do with this current situation but everything to do with your argument against Jordan as a viable option. Not sure if you were driving and reading or something but that's just not all that difficult to understand.

Reactions: 97ClemsonMac

This is about Kevin. He wants to win the Speakership at all costs and he’s willing to do whatever it takes to get there. Remember, is he even conservative? Who knows?

It’s just whoever he needs to appease that moment to get power. He’s a chameleon.

Are you serious man? That guy was a clown of epic proportions. If that was one of your favorites, I have to ask what the hell is wrong with you? McCarthy didn't sabotage him. Cawthorn did that on his own and thank goodness he wasn't re-elected. And one more question: How is ANYTHING these folks stand for something that will Make American Great Again? Great how? Great in what area? What is Great to these folks? The undefined in all this is just mind-numbing.

This is becoming absurb. Don't tell me Republicans deserve to lead if they are more interested in fighting amongst themselves rather than doing the job they were elected to do.

Reactions: nytigerfan
This is becoming absurb. Don't tell me Republicans deserve to lead if they are more interested in fighting amongst themselves rather than doing the job they were elected to do.

It's crazy. McCarthy apparently gave them everything they wanted and they still won't vote for him.

You heard it here first. Tomorrow is Jan 6th. Tomorrow the rogue GOP will nominate trumpty dumpty as speaker of the house. And the gop descent into madness will be complete.

It's crazy. McCarthy apparently gave them everything they wanted and they still won't vote for him.

You heard it here first. Tomorrow is Jan 6th. Tomorrow the rogue GOP will nominate trumpty dumpty as speaker of the house. And the gop descent into madness will be complete.
Greasy Gaetz voted for him today.

• Wow
Now he's lost for the 9th time! I'll give the Pubs credit though for not claiming fraud. Progress! 🤣

This came up on my feed . I hate MSNBC but I couldn't turn away from this brain damage.

Are you serious man? That guy was a clown of epic proportions. If that was one of your favorites, I have to ask what the hell is wrong with you? McCarthy didn't sabotage him. Cawthorn did that on his own and thank goodness he wasn't re-elected. And one more question: How is ANYTHING these folks stand for something that will Make American Great Again? Great how? Great in what area? What is Great to these folks? The undefined in all this is just mind-numbing.
So you are saying that you support the republican minority leader assisting with personal and professional destruction of a sitting member of congress from his own party? Cawthorn was assassinated basically on a political level. The guy had good conservative viewpoints and they decided to destroy him and mccarthy was part of it.

So you are saying that you support the republican minority leader assisting with personal and professional destruction of a sitting member of congress from his own party? Cawthorn was assassinated basically on a political level. The guy had good conservative viewpoints and they decided to destroy him and mccarthy was part of it.

His personal and professional destruction had one author: Madison Cawthorn.

You don't have to be fringe on everything you know? This edge you like to live in it seems like from your reading habits is not all truth. The world at large is not all lies. I believe in my heart that you're a really good guy and I admire your commitment to the things that you believe in. But I would also say that a lot of the people you hold up as examples are not the best choices. I find that puzzling and inexplicable. This guy is an example of that. Before anyone did him dirty he did himself dirty. McCarthy didn't make him get divorced 8 months into his marriage. McCarthy didn't make his business SPQR which is totally disgusting. Even if you dismiss the white supremacist ties just the fact that someone has such a high regard for the Roman empire is gross. They were cruel and inhumane. They were people who subjugated so many all over the world to be their slaves and servants. That's not a positive example of anything in history.

You don't have to be fringe on everything you know? This edge you like to live in it seems like from your reading habits is not all truth. The world at large is not all lies. I believe in my heart that you're a really good guy and I admire your commitment to the things that you believe in. But I would also say that a lot of the people you hold up as examples are not the best choices. I find that puzzling and inexplicable. This guy is an example of that. Before anyone did him dirty he did himself dirty. McCarthy didn't make him get divorced 8 months into his marriage. McCarthy didn't make his business SPQR which is totally disgusting. Even if you dismiss the white supremacist ties just the fact that someone has such a high regard for the Roman empire is gross. They were cruel and inhumane. They were people who subjugated so many all over the world to be their slaves and servants. That's not a positive example of anything in history.

but gladiator is an awesome movie man.

I am not heavily standing up for Cawthorn but rather pointing out examples of McCarthy going after America First congress members and candidates. I do not like that about him. The republican party is in a civil war for control at this time. The establishment still has the numbers in congress but the America First wing has enough numbers to gum up the works if they do not get some power sharing.

Growls are you a country club night watchman? The hours you keep are crazy

• Haha
Reactions: adgjunior
The problem is you can't stop the Biden agenda without rules changes which McCarthy did not want to do but seems to be coming around on if we can believe what is being leaked.

I think McCarthy has completely broken trust with many on his side and not just the Freedom Caucus. The fact that some are not just anointing him provides a little hope that the Republicans can actually be an opposition party and not just help to manage our decline a bit more slowly.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
The problem is you can't stop the Biden agenda without rules changes which McCarthy did not want to do but seems to be coming around on if we can believe what is being leaked.

I think McCarthy has completely broken trust with many on his side and not just the Freedom Caucus. The fact that some are not just anointing him provides a little hope that the Republicans can actually be an opposition party and not just help to manage our decline a bit more slowly.
Hmm, speaking of decline....

FlwVHaoWQAAGnUH

FlwVHaoWQAAGnUH

I'm assuming that is Santos. He should go. But for what it's worth unless you advocate getting rid of Biden as well who is completely fabricated a lot of his past then you can't feel this way about Santos. So if you're forbgetting rid of both then I am 100% with you man.

Reactions: Chetsu

FlwVHaoWQAAGnUH

Speaking of people that push falsehoods. Didn't you post false stuff about Rep Steve Perry early on in this thread? Answer is yes. Why don't you follow Santos' lead and admit your lies?

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Speaking of people that push falsehoods. Didn't you post false stuff about Rep Steve Perry early on in this thread? Answer is yes. Why don't you follow Santos' lead and admit your lies?

He hasn't really admitted his lies. Let's not cover for this clown. He's a disgrace. He should be removed from office immediately. We need to be doing the opposite of the other side. I'm not going to justify that kind of deception and manipulation of someone's background. No one should.

I'm assuming that is Santos. He should go. But for what it's worth unless you advocate getting rid of Biden as well who is completely fabricated a lot of his past then you can't feel this way about Santos. So if you're forbgetting rid of both then I am 100% with you man.
I don't support lies, period - by anyone. It's disturbing that Biden has fabricated some events from his past but he has a long, well documented history in government, which is a little bit different than fabricating your entire life history in order to get elected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT