ADVERTISEMENT

McMaster is ending the supplemental unemployment benefits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left my job January of last year. Then covid happened. Should have lined something up first and thats on me but I've been working for myself since then. Just got a phone call with a job offer that I'm pretty excited about.

I didnt take one red cent of unemployment and I could have. Outside of the stimulus checks its been a struggle but nobody was hiring and I have been holding out for a career and not just a job but I was able to stay busy and keep money coming in just not to the level I had been accustomed.

I left my job January of last year. Then covid happened. Should have lined something up first and thats on me but I've been working for myself since then. Just got a phone call with a job offer that I'm pretty excited about.

I didnt take one red cent of unemployment and I could have. Outside of the stimulus checks its been a struggle but nobody was hiring and I have been holding out for a career and not just a job but I was able to stay busy and keep money coming in just not to the level I had been accustomed.
Congrats to you and happy it worked out.

I'm sure you will also admit some shouldn't be shamed for having to take unemployment either before/during/after Covid.

Funny you say Bojangles. Buddy of mine owns a couple Bojangles franchises and said they have done so well with just drive through, they may just keep it this way.
This is a very particular location that used to be great and has been godawful the last three or four months. I firmly believe more and better employees will correct this. They can keep drivethru only, but I need it to take less than 30 minutes (true story) to go through the drive-through and for you not to forget to put biscuits in pretty much every single time.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lash out at you. It's been rough dealing with this Bojangle's issue, and sometimes it becomes too much to bear.

Congrats to you and happy it worked out.

I'm sure you will also admit some shouldn't be shamed for having to take unemployment either before/during/after Covid.
No not what I meant. Im not married and don't have kids so I just learned to do without for most things. Something I plan to continue moving forward.

I dont begrudge the folks who actually needed it but I have some acquaintances who just sat back and cashed those checks and were at the bar all the time and always had drugs too. There were PLENTY of those kind of people.

No not what I meant. Im not married and don't have kids so I just learned to do without for most things. Something I plan to continue moving forward.

I dont begrudge the folks who actually needed it but I have some acquaintances who just sat back and cashed those checks and were at the bar all the time and always had drugs too. There were PLENTY of those kind of people.
That's all you needed to say.

Reactions: Tigerswag91
I went to my local takeout place (stellas southern brasserie) in my neighborhood on Wednesday. Closed due to lack of staff. This is much needed for the restaurant and hospitality industry

Good! Montana also has. Going to piss off Nytigerfan, okclem, Deshaun2016, iceheart and every other BIG government keep sucking on the tit liberal on this board and the Biden administration.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Effective June 30th...

Good move on Guvna’s part IMO...

No reason in the world why anyone can’t find a job right now...

& no, I didn’t provide a link...
We pressed him really hard to get this done. Montana has done this and it is working very well. As a hotel owner, I was excited to see this formal announcement today.

About time...So many restaurants and businesses are struggling to get people to work right now

Reactions: Klempsun
Effective June 30th...

& no, I didn’t

Effective June 30th...

& no, I didn’t provide a link...
Hallelujah! About time! It's been awful trying to find someone to work!

Good! Montana also has. Going to piss off Nytigerfan, okclem, Deshaun2016, iceheart and every other BIG government keep sucking on the tit liberal on this board and the Biden administration.

Like I said to you in the other thread, I pay more in taxes than you make in a year. I have never sucked on the government tit as you keep saying.

Secondly, do you not know how to tag someone? Or are you too much of a pussy to tag someone? Either way, you are king of the dipshits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT