ADVERTISEMENT

Miami Week

Joe Cobb

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2008
After a strong 4-0 start, Miami sits at 4-2.

I guess the A&M victory in the 2nd game of the season was the highlight.
They've beaten Miami of Ohio (how did I miss Miami va Miami?)
Beat A&M 48-33
Bethune Cookman 48-7
and Temple 41-7.

So the offense looked real good in those games; I mean Bama and Tennessee COMBINED couldn't put 48 points on A&M.

But then came the GT game. wow.
Tech was averaging giving up over 30 points a game. And Miami couldn't put up but 20.

What gives there?

The Miami QB completes about 70% of his passes this year. But has been a turnover machine in the last two losses... throwing 5 picks in the last 2 games and has been sacked 5 times.
He's 6'4" 230 Lbs so he's a big kid. Hard to bring down, but not a threat to rush. He's averaging negative yardage over the last 2 games.

They've got a couple of solid RBs who are averaging close 6 yards a carry. But the real threat is their WR core... they've got 3-4 guys who are averaging 15+ yards a catch and a TE that averages over 20.

They have 5 guys that have scored more than 3 TD's this year, and the top 3 scorers are the top two WRs and the RB. They have put up close to 5 TD's each.

The D is only giving up 3 yards a carry to opposing O's, but close to 12 yards a throw. Somewhat balanced.

So on paper they look real good.

How did the GT game affect them?
Well against UNC, the Cane Qb threw for a season high 391 yards, took a 3 point lead into half time... and got blown out in the 3rd quarter.
UNC scores 24 unanswered points before Miami does anything.

SO.... the inexplicable loss to Tech, the 3rd quarter collapse to UNC... and now winless in the ACC...
How does THAT roster respond?
The Hurricanes added around 15 players via the transfer portal. 9 of the 15 transfers are on the offensive line, defensive line, or cornerbacks... and I think they have 7-9 starters from the portal.
Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News