ADVERTISEMENT

Middle Eight and Having Time to Prepare

ColaTiger89

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2021
Something encouraging about this team that was similar to the playoff teams is starts and locker room adjustments. The playoff teams routinely started hot in games and always did well in the middle 8.

I found this article as reference https://www.si.com/college/clemson/.amp/football/-clemson-dominates-the-middle-eight it is from 2019 and talks about how in that year we outscored opponents 132-10 in the middle eight.

I won’t speak about last year because it was not a championship level team but looking at 2020.
A few games and the middle eight

Wake forest - Middle eight 14-3, Final 37- 3
Miami - Middle eight 14-0, Final 42-17
BC - Middle eight 10-0, Final 34-28
VT - Middle eight 7-3, Final 45-10
Notre Dame - Middle eight 10-0, Final 34-10

This year I’m not going to break down game by game but we have scored
69 and given up 26 in the middle eight. Shout out to Ross Taylor’s Twitter for that find.

This team also scores first on their first drive. In every game this year except for last night we have scored on our opening drive.

We have made the coaching adjustments when given time and it is showing. I didn’t deep dive in it but I’m sure coming out of the other quarters (1st and 3rd) we are also out scoring opponents. I know just from my eyes we are making the necessary adjustments to win the game.

In the playoffs this year I trust our coaching staff to have a great plan with a month to prepare. Also I expect us to look like we are in championship form coming off the bye week.

For the 2022 season the best is yet come!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News